You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » About starting crates...
Bottom
Topic Subject:About starting crates...
Zeusmeister
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 12:29 PM EDT (US)         
From the chat:

<HG_Zen> hehe... thanks ... Next up we have Lief Ericsson, who had to leave early, but wanted to ask: Why do we start with crates rather than minimal resources? It's annoying, generates idle TC time, and is just... silly. ... done
<Bigdog> We wanted to change up the start a little bit, that's all. The crates give us a good way to show you what you get when the game starts. ... Since we vary the starting resources each game, we felt we needed to show you graphically in the game. ... Since everyone has the same initial start "penalty" it's not an advantage. ... Er, I mean disad. ... done

The crates also give players a couple seconds to move their explorer and scout their immediate surroundings. Players also don't lose that extra couple of seconds that come from the "quoe the villies right at game start" script.

Quote from WH_demoneyekyo: "I would say u need more thinking playing "Go" then u would playing chess."
AuthorReplies:
XxEmperorxX
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 12:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
I also like the fact that they are different each time. Sometimes i can get 300 food and 200 wood or 200 food, 100 wood, 100 coin. I think you are gaurenteed always 100 food at least, Ive never had no food and never more then 300 of anything.

Best ive had was 200 food and 300 wood with brits. Made 2 villies, 2 houses and did really good with so many villies.

Its not over until I beat you sensless with my WTF stick.
The internet - where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.
V:Would you... dance with me?
Evey Hammond: Now? On the eve of your revolution?
V: A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having!
parallax7d
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 02:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I like the crates, adds a little realism. I actually wish you had to store ALL your resources in game like that. Such as wood piles, banks for coin, slaughterhouses and mills for food etc. Also if you had to unload the crates off a ship, or off a wagon that would come from off screen that would be pretty sweet too.
Lord Hyperion
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 02:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
I admit, it was a little confusing at first, getting used to the crates... But i think it is a very cool addition to the game.

~ LORD HYPERION ESO Stats ~
orgasmofthemind
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 02:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Last game, I got 300 wood and 200 food, completely wiped my opponent out. It's cool, makes every game different and adds to the strategy. The crates can majorly affect how your game goes.
CK the Fat
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 02:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
The crates are interesting, it's like you just unpacked and are taking supplies out to begin construction with. Only thing I don't like is that the villagers, once finished, just stand there... they could continue gathering wood if they did a wood crate or coin if at ac coin crate. Many times I go around with my explorer and suddenly remember that my villagers are idle.
General Lecter
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 03:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
I like the crates, too. But the villies should go to the Food ones first...
Musket Man
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 03:35 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       

Quote:

The crates can majorly affect how your game goes.

I dont have the demo so I hope they don't give that huge of an advantage. I don't want random things to affect if you win or lose the game.

Musket Man: Inefficiently fighting crime with a musket since 1565!

(\**/)<-Crown your bunny!
(O.o )
(> < )
orgasmofthemind
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 03:56 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       

Quote:

I dont have the demo so I hope they don't give that huge of an advantage. I don't want random things to affect if you win or lose the game.

It's relative, so both players will have roughly the same supplies. Rest assured, it's doesn't give a random advantage/disadvantage, it just adds a bit of randomness to your strategy.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames