You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » If I have trouble playing a aoe2 game on zone due to router problems, will it be the same with eso2?
Bottom
Topic Subject:If I have trouble playing a aoe2 game on zone due to router problems, will it be the same with eso2?
RealWorldPlayer
Skirmisher
posted 10-10-05 09:42 PM EDT (US)         
topic
AuthorReplies:
StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 10-10-05 09:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
I'm pretty sure ESO2 will be much much easier than Zone for routers and ports.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Musket Man
Skirmisher
posted 10-10-05 10:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Catchy topic header. :-)

Yeah my guess is eso2 will have cured all the zone problems. My friend still has a problem on the zone where for no reason that we could figure it won't start the game if I am hosting it, it only works if he hosts it, but then noone else can join...

So ya anyones shouldn't have those same problems, and if it does protest and I'm sure you will be heard by the snazzy post-ship support squad and they will patch it up for you.

Musket Man: Inefficiently fighting crime with a musket since 1565!

(\**/)<-Crown your bunny!
(O.o )
(> < )
king of ages
Skirmisher
posted 10-10-05 10:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
I always had trouble with the zone, but I worked fine with ESO1.. so it should be the same for ES02

Gaming_Batman
Skirmisher
posted 10-10-05 10:59 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
well ESO1 doesn't have the router problems I usually have, so I'd say its safe to say ESO2 won't either.
thegreenguy
Skirmisher
posted 10-11-05 03:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I can connect to ESO but it won't let me join a game. The timer just keeps counting down. I wonder what the likelihood is I'll have the same problem on ESO2.
Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 10-11-05 04:34 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       

Quote:

I can connect to ESO but it won't let me join a game. The timer just keeps counting down. I wonder what the likelihood is I'll have the same problem on ESO2.

P > 0

Errand
Skirmisher
posted 10-11-05 04:47 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
What I always liked about RON was that my brother and I could use different ports to play online with thus playing together from behind a router. Couldn't do that in AOK, not on ESO either, hopefully ES will allow you to choose your ports in ESOII...

If it's coming right at you, duck.

[This message has been edited by Errand (edited 10-11-2005 @ 04:48 AM).]

tster123
Skirmisher
posted 10-11-05 11:41 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
RON has the worst support for routers if you ask me. you basically have to dedicate a page of IP forwards just to make it work... and sometimes it still doesn't!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames