You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » I keep dying with Dutch
Bottom
Topic Subject:I keep dying with Dutch
GloryField
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-05 11:14 PM EDT (US)         
I keep dying with dutch to 7 min rush. How do you guys age up so fast? I mean villagers cost coin so....
AuthorReplies:
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-05 11:16 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
If you are losing all the time, that means that obviously you're not playing with the civ or strategy that is right for you. My only advice is try something new.

I can't help you beyond that, since I don't have the full version, yet.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
tster123
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-05 11:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
because you suck at playing dutch. try another civ. if you keep dying then maybe wait untiol the game is actually released and play some noobs. everyone online now is probably pretty decent.
Mongol horse man
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-05 11:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
What stlye do you consider your self?

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )Say hi to the bunny!
"Once they have vaginas, they'll take over the world.-Cy Marlayne on the subject of robots.
GloryField
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-05 11:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
I don't know my style, just got the game tonight
Mongol horse man
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-05 11:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
Then try to find your stlye be it Rush,Boom or Turtle once you found your style you can choose witch civ(s)that is right for you.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )Say hi to the bunny!
"Once they have vaginas, they'll take over the world.-Cy Marlayne on the subject of robots.

[This message has been edited by Mongol horse man (edited 10-17-2005 @ 11:27 PM).]

aka99
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-05 11:28 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
For Dutch you need to get gold early, as they need gold. Early on other civs dont use gold as much (villagers dont need them)..

Whats the Dutch Unique Unit though?

GloryField
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-05 00:02 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
a horse and a ship

dutch cards don't seem that good, only 1 miltary that u can ship at age 2

Wibble
VIP
posted 10-18-05 00:10 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
The Dutch are can be safely pegged as turtles early game. You need to construct early defenses since they do not have any heavy infantry.

They are supposed to be strong late-game, but can be weak early on when they need time to ramp up.

/Wibble
Microsoft Game Studios
Age of Empires III Team

// Wibble
// Microsoft Game Studios
// Age of Empires III Multiplayer Test Lead
bigRed
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-05 00:19 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
Weak early on is a bit of an understatement. Seems like they were balanced with team games in mind rather than 1on1.
GloryField
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-05 00:25 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
Thanks, but how do i get defence when I need both food and wood? I tried walling but that doesnt work since I need both outpost and wall. I don't have enough wood. Could anyone give me a hint on build order / gather order?

Thanks

btw, to people without games, check walmart some smaller cities have it, I drove to a town nearby my city.

[This message has been edited by GloryField (edited 10-18-2005 @ 00:28 AM).]

Bleach
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-05 04:13 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
I'm trying to master the dutch as well, but indeed there is this time frame early on where you are really vulnerable.
In team games you can ask for support during this period.
I believe the dutch are a really good team civ, once you have several banks running the coin rolls in enough to tribute substantial amounts to your team mates.
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-05 07:41 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
the large problem with the dutch is that you have to go for gold first, then slightly more villies on food, and so it takes long before you are next age. Then your enemy has map control, and its very hard to keep up. But with team games you wont have this problem. (if not you entire team is dutch)

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

Blackhair
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-05 08:28 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
I haven't played as the Dutch, but one point I can give you that applies to all civs (forgive me if you already know this, I hadn't thought of it when it was told to me):

when you have your villagers selected, hold down shift and click on a multiple number of things that you want them to do right away, that way there aren't villagers standing around wasting precious seconds.

--Ian the Crux

KEEP OUT OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT

Those UV rays will get you every time.

Go to www.thinkgeek.com, it is awesome!!

fluffy_ferret_
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-05 11:16 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
There is no such thing as turtling, booming, rushing in a 1vs1. Forget about it. Get a new civ.
superknijn
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-05 01:02 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
Or, you can do skirmishes (sp I mean) with some low difficulty to try to get your BO's good and such, and highten the difficulty after a while.
Just start with the lowest possible, and work your way up.
If you do it that way, you can master all civ's after some time.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Corn for the Corn God!
SuNo_XVI
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-05 03:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
Yeah andy knows what he's talking about, but it shouldn't be that hard vs the computer, even a RM noob like me can master the hard/expert comp fairly easily
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames