You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Skirmish Team Ai Sucks!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Skirmish Team Ai Sucks!
MaxReality
Skirmisher
posted 10-21-05 05:20 PM EDT (US)         
Why does my Ai teammate always get owned when playing 2v2 Single Player. This is at hard level as well, and giving strategy? orders to the teammate using the chat command.

Your views?

Im getting a sweater for christmas , I'd much rather have a screamer or a moaner ho! ho! ho!

[This message has been edited by MaxReailty (edited 10-21-2005 @ 06:07 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
jfhs91
Skirmisher
posted 10-21-05 06:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
its not great is it
Kaziglu Bey
Skirmisher
posted 10-21-05 07:29 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
I haven't played that too many times yet but it has seemed fairly okay so far. If your teammate is getting attacked by the other team you'll have to help him out.
Demolition Ship Captain
Skirmisher
posted 10-21-05 09:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
Can YOU beat an AI 1 on 1? If not, then of course your partner is gonna get creamed in 2 vs 2, since your not pullin your weight.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Preparation can only take you so far... After that you gotta take a few leaps of faith.
BoloBouncer
Skirmisher
posted 10-21-05 09:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Just don't peg the AI as stinking it up if he can't hold his own against the other 2 civs by his lonesome. Can you give us specific examples of what the AI did badly?

Vivir sin queso es morir - To live without cheese dip is to die
Spain will once again rule
Ryan's Blog

Age of Empires: The Musical Partake of my Ness Obsession Penny Arcade Does 'Age of Kings'

MaxReality
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 04:18 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
On hard I win most of the time 1v1. With team mate, I end up sending units of 5 over to the Ai camp, while he is being attacked, leaving my own city empty. So I do help. I have only played 2v2 a couple of times, and noticed that the enemy Ai tends to build more army than my Ai. I think there is a rush command, but it does nothing. I even had the french as my teammate, aren't they suppose to be good? lol

Im getting a sweater for christmas , I'd much rather have a screamer or a moaner ho! ho! ho!
destromat
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 04:35 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
I have played and if you help you ally then he too will be ownage.. SO the game rocks
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 07:02 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
i agree, your ai teammate is always worse then enemies

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

Carltheshivan
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 07:21 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
It happened to me too, but i think it was because the enemy was only attacking him.
Naked_Infidel
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 08:07 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
I loaded up a single player team match yeterday:

(Me)Turks and British
Vs
Portugal and Spain

Map: Pampas (interesting map)

Difficulty: Expert

Starting age: Fortress

no handicaps

There was one major land bridge in the center of the map, and a smaller one further north in enemy territory. The enemy AI's immediately shipped over fortresses and slapped them down at the choke points (seperating me from my AI ally)... then the enemy AI's focused completely on destroying my ally. I certainly hope this was not a fluke for the AI... because it nearly ended the game in 10 mins (and not in my favor).

[This message has been edited by Naked_Infidel (edited 10-22-2005 @ 08:09 AM).]

parallax7d
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 09:44 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
Well, if you play expert, you should probably be...like good or something. Would you not expect to lose if you played on ESO against 2 experts?
Captn_Kidd
VIP
posted 10-23-05 00:39 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
Your AI ally should be, on average, as strong as each of the enemies.

The enemies don't care who is human and who is an AI. They look for areas to attack, assessing how much good stuff there is to destroy, how strongly it's defended, and how far away it is. If you tower your base, and your ally doesn't, he'll probably get double-teamed...no sense in them fighting in your town if the ally town is more open.

Telling your ally to rush makes this worse, as he'll totally skip towers. Telling him to focus on defenses will likely mean that you get attacked more often.

MaxReality
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:08 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
I shouldn't have to baby-sit team Ai. Usually it isn't being attacked by 2 players, only one. It wont create cannons to destry the fort. I end up pumping all my troops to defend it, then it asks for resources. It's as if the Ai is playing as moderate while the rest of us is playing hard. It may be better in expert, but I get whupped in expert anyway. Sack it, too much micro. I reckon a future patch will sort it. I am a turtler, but dont create any defenses, just army. Oh well.

-Update-

How cool is that, I've been a member for less than a week, and I have my thread mentioned on the home page.

-Update 2-

Maybe it's worth building your own towers in the Ai town, that way the enemy may attack us humans- and get whupped!, and thats better than having your team Ai giving up... they always comment thats maybe its better to just resign- after their first attack from the enemy!

[This message has been edited by MaxReailty (edited 10-23-2005 @ 10:15 AM).]

bobs94
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 12:52 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
How do you have a French teamate in the demo?

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump's mama
The_Assimilator
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:39 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
You don't.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames