You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » I've been obsessing over this game since it was announced ... and I've tried everything and can't get it to work.
Bottom
Topic Subject:I've been obsessing over this game since it was announced ... and I've tried everything and can't get it to work.
Zowon
Skirmisher
posted 10-21-05 10:10 PM EDT (US)         
I've been following this game extremely close since it came out, and have had every age game including Age of Empires 1 when I was 7 years old...

And I've had Age of Empires III sitting in my computer room for 3 days now... and I can't get the damn thing to work.

I had the demo and it ran perfect, even on all high settings...

Now, when I go try to play a game... between 30 seconds to 5 minutes, the screen randomly will go to 'NO SIGNAL' and go into sleep mode... this even occurs when I am navigating the menus, not even in a game. The only way to get the screen back is to Alt-Tab and then the screen will come back in Windows but never in AOE III again. I alt+control+delete and cancel AOE III...

When I try to go back to AOE III again (Without Restarting) it says my system specs arent high enough due to a 0 MB ATi Radeon 9600XT .... wtf?! How can it be 0MB. ... its 128... the only way to get back in again is to restart, and then this whole process will just repeat.

It just makes me that much more pissed since I have been pratically obsessing over getting this game...

Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
512 MB
ATi Radeon 9600XT 128MB

AuthorReplies:
ShadowZX
Skirmisher
posted 10-21-05 10:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
U should post this in the TechHelp forum if u havent, they will be able to help u more. i think i no a way btw but i m not sure, i will have to go check (i m probably wrong so dont count on me)
Matei
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 00:41 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Try to update your graphics driver (go to ATI's website and install the latest). It sounds like it isn't recognizing your video card properly. Also, go to agecommunity.com and install patch 1.01.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
Gemini1706
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 01:20 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Post it in the official aoe3 forums:
http://www.agecommunity.com/

Lots of guys from Ensemble/Microsoft read those forums, and answer questions ...etc.

Gemini1706

jodonnell
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 02:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
You may be running it at too high a resolution/refresh rate - my monitor can't go over 1280x960 @ 60hz, so if I try to run at 75Hz, I get no signal (until I alt-tab.) Try going to your Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Games\AoE III\Profile, and editing your resolution/refresh rate in the profile xml file there.
Zowon
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 02:12 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
what rate should I put it as?
jodonnell
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 12:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Well, you should try whatever you run your desktop at. You could also try starting at a really low rez to test, like 640 x 480 @ 60Hz, and work you way up.
king of ages
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Does this happen with any other game? Whats the most resource demanded game ya got, besides aoe3? Have you tried with absolute minimal graphics and stuff, absolute minimum plus like crappy 800x600 res, and see if it works at all for that. Hopefully work yourself up..

Good luck

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames