Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Dutch 101
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dutch 101
donato
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 02:29 PM EDT (US)         
Can someone briefly tell me what units counter what for the dutch? Key upgrades etc. and what buildings they can be found?
AuthorReplies:
Vortexian
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 03:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Dutch have a few units. First of all, they have pikemen (good against cavalry and buildings) next is the skirmisher (long ranged counter-infantry), which they can get in second age (everybody else get them in third age) and also in second, the grenadier(good against infantry and buildings) and the hussar(anti-infantry)
in the third age, they get the halbardier(anti-cavalry), the unique ruyter(anti-cavalry).
pikeman, skirmisher and halbardier are trained in barracks, hussars and ruyters in stables and grenadiers in artillery foundries. All of these can also be made in fortresses and fluyts (dutch galleons)
Artillery and ships are excluded as these are the same for every civ

Exploring Strategist of the dutch
donato
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 04:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Thanks!
Supremacy
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I just use ruyters, skirmishers and grenadiers. No need to use slow pikemen because the ruyters counter cavalry and if you switch them melee they seem to do pretty well against infantry too but I would use the skirmishers for that. Grenadiers take out the buildings and bunched together units.
Realn
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:51 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
ruyters = 1 pop = extremely effective.

The Legion Clan is the oldest international clan in the gaming community with a founding date of 1999. For years have we held on to our traditions, tournaments, and even play-styles. Basically what we always look for is bright minds, superior skills, and interesting personalities. We only invite people to be a part of our family that we can achieve something with. Now don’t tell me The Legion Clan doesn’t know what’s important. Join a clan with history, one you can trust, join L Clan.
Kor
Busschof Happertesch
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
posted 10-23-05 06:08 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I also concentrate on Ruyters and skirmishers, but always make sure to include a good number of siege weapons when laying siege. I haven't used Grenadiers much yet, I'll have to give it a try. With Ruyters being anti-cavalry, I generally don't bother training Halberdiers, as they seem to die most of the time anyway.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
GoldenShadow
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 10:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
When playing dutch, I always forget to build artillery. Even though Dutch have the best way of generating gold from banks, so they should be able to make tons of falconets.
Wanderlust
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 12:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Ruyters are one pop but can cost a lot of gold real quick, so be careful. A stable or two making ruyters nonstop will put a pretty big dent in your cashflow from all those banks.

|WND|Wanderlust
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WANDERERS CLAN
http://www.wanderersclan.com
FOR WOLFENSTEIN: ENEMY TERRITORY, BATTLEFIELD 2, and HALO PC

[This message has been edited by Wanderlust (edited 10-23-2005 @ 12:48 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames