Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Forum Courtesy
Bottom
Topic Subject:Forum Courtesy
tster123
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 04:33 PM EDT (US)         
there are a couple of things have have been driving me nuts recently.

1. when people make a thread and they have a lot to say and they like to write in complete sentences. they write well thought out and cohesive sentances with real words (not sentances like: y do u think the otts are OP?). Then people come, skip the whole post and post right below it something like: that's too long, I'm not going to read it.

If you dont want to spend the time reading it, then don't. However, please don't waste everyone elses time because they might be interested in the thread and if they have to read through 10 posts of people saying "U rite 2 much, I=lazy" then it wastes my time.

2. suggesting things to ES is fine. but why tell them their game sucks. if it sucks then don't buy it. if you already bought it then that was your own mistake. how would you like it if you worked on something for 3 years and then when you got were done with it somebody started telling you it was shit. remember that ES employees are people too, and they only read these forums because they find it a constructive way to spend their time. if it becomes a flame fest here they will just not bother reading the forums again.

that's all I have for now. hopefully it's short enough for those of you that I'm speaking to in item 1.

AuthorReplies:
Heron
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 04:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Excellent points, but your post is kind of long (just kidding!!!!!!)

"If one is to understand the great mystery, one must look at all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Jedi."

Official Head Hauncho of the AoE3H Dating Thread, as decreed by Custergrant

Angel Sith
Skirmisher
(id: X_SithLord)
posted 10-22-05 05:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       

Quote:

1. when people make a thread and they have a lot to say and they like to write in complete sentences. they write well thought out and cohesive sentances with real words (not sentances like: y do u think the otts are OP?). Then people come, skip the whole post and post right below it something like: that's too long, I'm not going to read it.

Such posts are considered spam, and are dealt with as appropriate.

Quote:

2. suggesting things to ES is fine. but why tell them their game sucks. if it sucks then don't buy it. if you already bought it then that was your own mistake. how would you like it if you worked on something for 3 years and then when you got were done with it somebody started telling you it was shit. remember that ES employees are people too, and they only read these forums because they find it a constructive way to spend their time. if it becomes a flame fest here they will just not bother reading the forums again.

Any thread that incites flaming/trolling will be closed. Unproductive topics such as "this game really sucks" will also be closed.

Sith
Halo 2 Stats | AoMH | AoE3H | FMT
pv1979
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 06:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I can ad to your list:

Be a bit tollerant. Don`t make fun of people if you don`t understand their question or remark. Accept that there are millions of people playing games, with different backgrounds, knowledge, et.

/Undiminished vegetarian/

My favorite comedy sites: www.whitehouse.org; www.comedycentral.com; www.landoverbaptist.org

Good, informative television on the internet: www.democracynow.org... & I`m still listening to www.harrisradio.com

[This message has been edited by pv1979 (edited 10-22-2005 @ 06:49 PM).]

GoldenShadow
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-05 07:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Long posts are what drew me to this forum WAYYYY back in 1999 when it was about AOE1. I remember reading long indepth articles written by your average players and interesting debates between them.
DarkShaman
Skirmisher
(id: ChickenBoy)
posted 10-22-05 07:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
What really annoys me is when the topic post is only a few lines long and people are not only too lazy to read it, but then spend more time than it would have taken to read the post telling people that they don't like to read.

Dark Shaman- Because I Want To.

In Soviet Russia, Chuck Norris writes facts about YOU!

Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 10-22-05 07:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Oh, if it isn't my favorite Portuguese player around these forums!

Sup .

tster123
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
elpea, some day I will beat you.... some day.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames