Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Grenadier
Bottom
Topic Subject:Grenadier
Supremacy
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:15 AM EDT (US)         
Anyone use the grenadiers much? I just started to use them and found out they are an awesome unit. I use russia and usually rush or attack early. After the strelets are in midst of a battle and I get my resources back up I now make grenadiers. 20-30 of those guys tear down a city so fast and if the enemy makes groups of infantry to fight the strelets the grenadiers blow them up really fast. I like them much better than the slow, expensive cannons because they move faster and are harder for the enemy to pick out in a mass of guys. Only unit that really defeats them quickly is cavalry and with the swarm of strelets I can surround the cavalry and keep them from the grenadiers. Also in comparison to mortors or other cannons I like them better because you can easily replace them and they seem to take down buildings quicker due to the cannons slow firerate.

What do you all think of them?

AuthorReplies:
Strong Man
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:27 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Yes its sort of early age artillery that bombs infantry flown into sky but rate of fire is low and without an overwhelming musketeer power they get killed easily! They are more a catalyst in battle, winning sooner or losing sooner. But they ain't cheap! So you gotta have an upper hand in economy. And remember cavalries eat them
topace3k
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:58 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Throw in a handful in those early musketeer/archer/pike battles and watch your armies own. Just make sure to micro them to fire in the middle of the enemy group so they do max dmg. Also, do not micro them along with other units, or your other units will kill the target and the grenediers will stop attacking before they throw any grenades.
Supremacy
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 03:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
I generally use russians so I have them mixed into huge swarms of strelets so they are protected from enemy forces like cavalry. If the enemy doesnt have walls, most people seem to rarly make them, i have my men swarm into city so grenadiers can blow apart buildings while large numbers of strelets clog up ways to move or get to grenadiers. It usually makes cavalry useless and spread out infantry are overwhelmed while ill use the grenadiers to take out any infantry in formation.
Vortexian
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 04:45 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
For the dutch, they also are quite useful as a backup. one thing both skirmishers and ruyter seem to lack is power to take down towers before they get killed. with the grenadiers, it goes alot faster.

Exploring Strategist of the dutch
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames