You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Worldwide Release GRRR!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Worldwide Release GRRR!!
AoN
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 07:36 AM EDT (US)         
This thing really really really really really annoys me. How can they not do a worldwide release!! It is just disrespect for the fans and ES will lose out on so much:

-People will/have already downloaded it from the internet (thousands)

-Some people will not buy it because they will already have played the demo or the game at a friends house and will not have liked it.

-Im sure some people who would have brought the game, will just forget and move on to something else in the meantime (another game perhaps).

-It gives a huge advantage to the players that currently have the game now (and will make it harder for other players when they finally get the game) and seeing all these posts about people talking about the full game just makes it worst

-A worlwide release would have given the game more publicity.

-I don't understand how such a company cannot do a worldwide release, but other smaller ones can do it perfectly.

and for me, I am truly pissed that If I do get the game (considering I don't even like it that much and I'v had to wait for so long), my ESO II name will probably have been taken, not only the ESO 2 name I thought up for ages but probably all the other secondary options or any descent name will be taken, and I will be left with johnbob542!!!

AuthorReplies:
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 10-23-05 07:38 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Well the main problem lies with MS as they were incharge of releasing the game, i dont think ES had any say in it.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
shilly
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 08:10 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Yeah thats right, but what I don't get is: the game is already in holland, lot's o' people have bought it, and them MS forces them to get the game of the shelves! WHY?! I think tha fact that they've done that doesn't increase their popularity. (Offcourse we are such a small percentage on MS's the scale of profit that you'd probably not even see us but still!!)
Reinfire
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 09:56 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Its pure pride

America before the rest of the world

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
Bossman
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 10:05 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
It's because they have to translate the game to French, German, Spanish etc. Blame the noobs that can't speak English.
Argalius
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 10:57 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       

Quote:

It's because they have to translate the game to French, German, Spanish etc. Blame the noobs that can't speak English.

So you say that everyone should adapt to the USA/England? Is that what you say?

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
AoN
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 11:01 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       

Quote:

Well what about England? they speak english.

and this reverts back to what i said before this, why other companies (Quake released simulalteanously this week)can do that and ES cannot.

Bossman
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 11:02 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
If it guarantees real worldwide releases then HELL YEAH! I'm sick of getting games late.

They can't release it in England because the European release needs to be simulatenous. AoE3 is already shipped in some European stores(like the one in Holland) but they can't start selling them until the translated copies are ready and available.

[This message has been edited by Bossman (edited 10-23-2005 @ 11:08 AM).]

Ex_Titanium
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 11:10 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       

Quote:

any descent name will be taken, and I will be left with johnbob542!!!

Sorry, I've already taken that one.

ison
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 11:16 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
@Reinfire At first i was upset that there wasnt any worlwide release...BUT after reading about the ESO2 problems i thought that you americans were like Beta testers for the multiplayer...so it doesnt bother me any more since probably when the game arrives in Europe the ESO2 problems would be solved...
CK the Fat
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 11:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
They don't release it worldwide because it takes time to get the games overseas. Microsoft produces mainly in America, and it takes time to get over to other countries, and for a worldwide release was to happen they'd need to make sure every country in the release was ready, which is a lot of cramming, especially since they already set a release date.

Advenure games are very popular in the Netherlands area, and it often takes weeks to get it to America. It's not a one-way system, it's just that AOEIII happens to be American-made.

[This message has been edited by CK the Fat (edited 10-23-2005 @ 11:19 AM).]

Kor
Busschof Happertesch
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
posted 10-23-05 12:05 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
It doesn't take time to get the game overseas, it takes time to localise. The game was already shipped to the Netherlands two weeks ago and luckily available to a happy few (me among them), but it was taken out of stores on orders of Microsoft. That's a bit odd to say the least; the game is there, but we're just not allowed to buy it because we have to wait for other countries that need to get a localised version, which is imo rather unfair.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
scipio_africanus
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 12:38 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
If the shops want to sell it, and people want to buy it, surely some arrangement can be reached via the back door?

Also, I can't think of anything more they could have done to encourage piracy.

///scipio_africanus\\\
"Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
"I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
"posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
Winner of the Order of Doitzel!

[This message has been edited by scipio_africanus (edited 10-23-2005 @ 12:38 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames