You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Out of these Civs, what is better and why?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Out of these Civs, what is better and why?
Nekgrath
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 10:27 AM EDT (US)         
Out of these Civs what is good for multiplayer teams in supremecy?

1. Germans

2. Ottomons

3. French

4. British

thanks Thats what I have narrowed down to

[This message has been edited by Nekgrath (edited 10-23-2005 @ 10:29 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
AlChoote
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 10:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
most people would say germans, i cant say becouse i havent played with them.

i would say french. i have lvl 12 home city with them and i really like 'em

ottomans are.. well.. strange.. i dont like the free villie system

Nekgrath
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 10:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
ya, I was leaning towards French...what does everyone else think?

What are the French like in the game?

allstarhunk69
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 10:50 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I started out liking the germans but then began to fall in love with the French and Ottomans so I will mostly discuss the F and O's.

French's economy boost is amazing. The CdB's not only do everything faster, but are pretty tough cookies too and can be instrumental in driving off the Janny rush. French's military power is pretty tech too, they get all the goodies for the most part, so what we end up having is an overall civilization than 99% of the others because they not only get everything, but they get it all quicker.

I have not really found a reason not to like the French (in the game ofcourse lol)...cant really say anything bad about them they are pretty freaking consistant.

The Ottomans are just pure kickass. Playing against them as you all know is a very long headache. Quick, powerful, and ever so persistent streams of Jannys, Abby guns and whatever monstrocities they fling at you hit hard. If playing against Ottys, prepare to be on the defensive for just about the whole game.

One thing I noticed about the Ottomans that drives me crazy when playing as them is the villies..Im still getting used to the TC pumping them out, but once that awkwardness is dealt with, its straight to business. I mean they dont even give you choices for troops which makes them pretty easy to play as when you keep their goal in mind which Metallica put to elequently: SEEK AND DESTROY!

As for the Germans, Ive only played a handful of games with them, they were one of the first peopel I played the game as since well..Germans were good at killing things xD Their Ulhans (sp.)are pretty cool and allow for a quick swarming, but I cant really say more than that till I play more as them

Ill serve your ass like John McEnroe
Roka47
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 10:51 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I can't really speak with much experience (only got the game on Thursday), but I am having lots of fun with Russians. Starting with those extra resources is kinda nice. Also, due to the fact that they can train infantry in mass, they can field an inexpensive and quick army very early in the game.

Roka

“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake”
Napoleon

[This message has been edited by Roka47 (edited 10-23-2005 @ 10:54 AM).]

majpain
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 10:57 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Germans...Uhlans fully upgraded do 77 damg.They are beastly.camon I like to raid the villies early on.
allstarhunk69
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 11:06 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
I used to like the Russians, they can be fun to play with but I would never take them into MP.

There is one major downside to getting your units in bulk. You have to get your villi's in mass too..having to wait to pay what 300 for 3 I think it is. The point is, you have to wait until you get enough food to buy 3, you cannot just buy one.
When you have to keep doing this, you are not only losing time to gather resources in the meantime, but also losing building time since you need to acquire resources to build. Think of it as being in debt from the beginning I guess is a way to put it.

Another smaller downside deals with players who may not have used the Russians too often but think their massing is cool, or who have not seen them played in MP or whatever, and its actually the strelet, they are good when mixed with some musketeers (saving resources overall from not having to get ALL musketeers), primarily as defensive units-not too good for seiging, and are mediocre in raiding but if they catch up with them say goodbye!

But the point Im getting at is their vulnerability to artillery, it just cuts them to pieces. It may be alluring to get 10 units at a cheap price, but their weakness to falconets for example (let alone Jannys or any other shock troops) must be realized.

Ill serve your ass like John McEnroe
Naked_Infidel
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
The Greeks
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames