Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » French Basics help
Bottom
Topic Subject:French Basics help
Stoned Cherokee
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:41 PM EDT (US)         
Hey all, im a new French player converting from Russia. I got bored of the lame massing of strelets. At the end of a game, i would have built like 800 of them.

Anyways i want to start getting to know the french. I really like their Indian relations, but i am confused on exactly what that bonus is. If you could tell me exactly why the are better with Natives, that would be great.

Also, i just need a basic gameplan to start me off. What type of civ is the French?......rush, turtle, etc... I am usually a map control player, grabbing Native tribes close to the other player and just stranggling them.

Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

AuthorReplies:
XxEmperorxX
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 01:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
I like to boom with the french. Booming is probably the best stra IMHO for the french because thier villies gather faster. A lot of people want to turtle with them because thier villies are strong, and that I think is THE reason you dont want to turtle, you want to boom. You can sacrafic a large army for a few soldiers plus your villies, if someone tries to rush you, they wont do to well at killing off a lot of villies if your any good at managing them.

I can usually boom striaght to industrial and leave them in late colonial early fortress.(of course my army is left to only 30-40 men, buts it well worth it) Then I mass up curaisurs(thier Unique cav.) and skirms, and then go to kill the enemy. Booming is very useful for massing thier highly desired cavalry into a force to be really reconed with.

Thier villies cost 120 food, meaning you dont want to age up with the usual 17-20, more like 14-17, because remeber, they gather faster than normal villies.

Its not over until I beat you sensless with my WTF stick.
The internet - where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.
V:Would you... dance with me?
Evey Hammond: Now? On the eve of your revolution?
V: A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having!

[This message has been edited by XxEmperorxX (edited 10-23-2005 @ 01:51 PM).]

LordAvenger
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 02:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
I think raiding with natives when booming will be good strat too.
iipumall
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 02:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
i always play french, love em. i usually do like ~20 villies, around 7 food, 9 wood, 3 gold, and u said i should have 14-17, what should i be allocating the villies to and in what order? and then what about in age 2? sorry to be such intrusive, but thats what forums are for i guess, discussion and experimentation.
Stoned Cherokee
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 03:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Nah, dude its cool.......i need to know all of this info as well.

Yea what should your villy count be before you age up for the first time? And do you build anything in first age or wait till you advance? Then what is first when you advance... stable, barracks, market?

XxEmperorxX
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 03:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Well, a lot of people mine wood and gold in the first age, I do not...

All of your villies should go onto food to create a stream of villies coming out of your tc until about 14-17, where you should have 800 food built up. Once aging up take some villies off of food, about 5 to wood, 4 to gold, depending on how many you have. Choose the cords of 500 wood when aging up, that will take care of your wood supplies you didnt get in age1. Gold isnt used in age 2 much because i make armies of pikemen and crossbowmen to go to enemy bases , destroy buildings with pikes and kill villies with crossbows. none of these cost gold. You should have a really decent supply of gold due to the fact you use little of it, focus on wood and food. DO NOT NEGLECT GOLD EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE A LARGER SUPPLY OF IT. Once you reach 3rd age, you will want a lot of gold to mass skirms and eventually cuirasiers.(however you spell it) Thats what I do and it works very well.

If it wasnt for the cords of 500 wood that you get when aging up, I probably wouldnt not be doing the same thing...

Its not over until I beat you sensless with my WTF stick.
The internet - where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.
V:Would you... dance with me?
Evey Hammond: Now? On the eve of your revolution?
V: A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having!
Mongol horse man
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 03:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
With the French I boom. The French villes have a resorce gathering bouns that is very helpful for boomers. With the French always use native advancement shipments as this makes the already powerful natives even better and don't let the enemy cut you of from natives. Your army should mostly be natives,Skrimishers,and Currissers with of course cannon.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )Say hi to the bunny!
"Once they have vaginas, they'll take over the world.-Cy Marlayne on the subject of robots.
raaman
posted 10-23-05 04:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
With the french I boom. As soon as I get to colonial I get the stronger natives shipment, and ally with the natives ASAP and build all of them. Get a shipment of crossbowman and these+the natives should provide some good defence until you can hit fortress. When you get to fortress put up your fort and start making alot of skirmishers. I usually wait until the enemy attacks first before I go to his base, but it's up to you. Then make some cannons and blow him up

;zlskehrt;oaweifalkdjfa;io3

[This message has been edited by raaman (edited 10-23-2005 @ 04:50 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames