You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » A word to ES about this game
Bottom
Topic Subject:A word to ES about this game
Major_Shlump
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-05 08:59 PM EDT (US)         
THANK YOU! For making the most exhilirating RTS game ever! I bow to your brilliance and fart in the general direction of the silly reviewers who gave it 60's and 70's. They are the moles of this business. Ok, there's no such thing as a perfect game, but this one is darned fun online!

This is a game that will have a HUGE and devout following and GREAT depth!

Cheers to the dev team!

AuthorReplies:
MaxReality
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-05 09:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Yes it's challenging, and most of all fun! True to the formula (unlike AOM- IMO). I will be playing this for many years like AOC.

All Hail! King of the RTS's

-side note-
do some reviewers have a vested interest in wanting it to fail?

To Conclude
===========
It holds your interest! That's all you need in a successful game.

Jobs a guudun!

And that Scenario Editor, WOW! full marks for tasty graphics, lighting and camera angle it's going to produce some really gorgeous gaming.

Im getting a sweater for christmas , I'd much rather have a screamer or a moaner ho! ho! ho!

[This message has been edited by MaxReality (edited 10-28-2005 @ 09:06 PM).]

Shrink
on the trender train
posted 10-28-05 09:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       

Quote:

True to the formula (unlike AOM- IMO).

Really? I thought AOE3 was more similar to AOM than any of ES' previous games.

Major_Shlump
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-05 09:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I actually liked AOM even with its imbalances over the years, because it was another FUN rts with a lot of strats. I think AoE3 has a lot of "AoM" in its mechanics, even though it's an Age game. Of course, AoE3 is probably the deepest RTS that I know of, and that's due to the card system.

Now, my ideal RTS would be AoE3 with the RoN UI and formations! Now, that would be the perfect RTS!

Major_Shlump
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-05 09:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
YEah, agree with Shrink, and in a good way!
MaxReality
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-05 09:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I don't know why I don't like it? I bought the game (AOM), and played it a fair number of times, but I just sort of lost interest in it, and I havent installed it for ages, I'd perfer to install AOC instead if I had a choice. It didnt hold my attention unfortunately. Alot of people on here do like it. lol I actually would play AOE:ROR before AOM, how mad is that!

side note, I really enjoyed playing RON Gold edition. Micro is a little too basic but, overall an enjoyable game.

Im getting a sweater for christmas , I'd much rather have a screamer or a moaner ho! ho! ho!

[This message has been edited by MaxReality (edited 10-28-2005 @ 09:29 PM).]

ToMyBoY
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-05 00:59 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Geez Shlump, I mean, yeah it's fun and everything, but still, no need to get all glowing on us. And the editor isn't great. Lots of modders are pissed because there's no camera control, and you can't even easily add campaigns. I guess we'd rather have a less-perfect game sooner than have a perfect one later, but still.
Major_Shlump
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-05 09:39 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
I get like that after lots of beer! I toyed around with the editor and thought it was cool enough, but I'm not a scenario creator so I wouldn't know how good it is.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames