Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Allie AI problems
Bottom
Topic Subject:Allie AI problems
lachlan
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-05 02:29 AM EDT (US)         
I'm playing 2 vs 2 maps on hard and my allies have been exhibiting strange behavior. The first game my Portuguese allies basically did nothing despite my fending of our opponents attacks, they had plenty of peons but never made a military and as a result were dead almost immediately leaving me hanging and twenty minutes later, dead.

The second game was on the islands map with Spanish allies and after fencing off the shoreline we built massive navies and then invaded....or I invaded while my compatriots left a massive army surrounding their fort for the duration of the game.

The third time with British allies they were aggressive early and on the attack taking the middle section of New England and placing a fort... and that was it. They built a massive army around the fort where it stayed until I crushed the opposition.

I'd say that the game requires you to order them to attack except that they have attacked an opponents cities with small forces in the early ages. What gives?

AuthorReplies:
lachlan
Skirmisher
posted 11-04-05 06:28 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
I just played with Ottoman allies on Caribean. Right in the middle of my invasion the British counter attack. I order my allie to handle this invasion with their massive standing army and the bastard says his army isn't big enough yet causing me lose half my fortifications while I build up my own counter force.

Later while I'm invading I constantly request that he attack and he constantly says that he hasn't any troops even though he has nearly fifty Abus guns already on the island sitting on their hands. He never attacks for the remainder of the game.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

Marcos_Diez
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-05 09:51 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Ai fails in island maps. The don't send unit in ships never. A patch is needed to fix this
CK the Fat
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-05 12:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Play with humans, that's the solution...
ShadowZX
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-05 01:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
What about flaring? When i flare my ally usually shows up there without a comment. The AI is not suited for water maps though.
lachlan
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 03:31 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I'm playing basically on minimum settings {as far as graphics cards go} which I'm guessing isn't condusive to online play and I've no desire to mess up somebody elses game. Frankly I get plenty of enjoyment out of playing the computer, if it works right. Ordering your allie to save you and having him ignore it is just not cool or fun.
Jizmo
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 09:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Since ESO doesn't work for me I've been playing with computers and I know what you mean. I'm playing Amazonia, and my allies are sitting on their island. I have to fight 3 different armies on the enemy island. This isn't hard, but it is annoying.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames