You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.39 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Where is the call " Allah, Allah " of the Ottomans ???
Bottom
Topic Subject:Where is the call " Allah, Allah " of the Ottomans ???
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Koroglu
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 11:44 AM EDT (US)         
hey ES,..... why the hell the turkish Soldiers donīt say "Allah, Allah" when they attack the Enemy ???
This was so in AoE 2, why not in AoE 3 ???
It sounds pretty cooool maaaan..... it was a very importante and mighty call of the muslimic spezial ottoman Soldier. - - "
Anyhow, the call or the voice of the Ottoman villies an the rest is rather gay maaan.... i would prefer something like " sir yes sir" or so, like the atmosphere in Full metal Jacket...hehe ^^ something harder military..... ?
Could it be improved with a patch or something else pls ???
It s not funny when i must say always " Allah Allah " , my brother looks worried at me... ^^

thx !

AuthorReplies:
The_Assimilator
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 11:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 39       
I don't remember them saying it in AOK/AOC, but then, i didn't play the Turks much back then, it was mainly British or Mongols.
Koroglu
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 12:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 39       
The_Assimilator u are a very big Help, thx ! ^^
Paperfriend
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 01:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 39       
making them say allah gives bad feeling in america.

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 11-06-2005 @ 01:31 PM).]

Innovan
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 01:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 39       
You can type it in the chat window yourself if it makes you feel better.
raaman
posted 11-06-05 01:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 39       
Yo Yo Big G

;zlskehrt;oaweifalkdjfa;io3
vbscript2
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 01:43 PM EDT (US)     6 / 39       
Doesn't bother Americans....I would think it would be more likely to offend muslims, if anyone. I am American, btw. Also, for those that don't know, Allah = Jehovah. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all Abrahamic religions.
ZhaZ
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 02:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 39       
Maybe it doesn't bother you but it would bother a lot of americans and other people as well. Islam is a sensitive subject these days and ES better stay away from the issue.

[img]http://www.mastersgames.de/esostats/NoX,qaghan,0,5.png[/img]
Screename
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 02:21 PM EDT (US)     8 / 39       
Would not affend me and i am American. I aggre with vbscript2 i thiink it would affend muslums more.
Taufiq Khan
Skirmisher
(id: Shala_T)
posted 11-06-05 02:35 PM EDT (US)     9 / 39       
Muslimic? Allah = Jehovah?

Umm....Yeah, now I see why Islam is a "sensitive topic".

★★★★★
oddy
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 02:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 39       
As long as you can't make Hot Air Balloons crash on Capitols, you're relatively safe.

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
Dio_the_lonely
Banned
posted 11-06-05 02:46 PM EDT (US)     11 / 39       
Shala that is true that the Muslims, Jews, and Christians worship the same god. One of the ruler of the five pillars of islam is to tolerate Jews, Christians, and those who worship the Parthian religion Zorasterism.

[This message has been edited by Dio (edited 11-06-2005 @ 02:47 PM).]

schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 02:54 PM EDT (US)     12 / 39       

Quote:

the five pillars

looks like there are only 4 left

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

rust888
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 03:20 PM EDT (US)     13 / 39       
woooow enjoy ur stay in hell schildpad. that was pretty harsh...
Ekanta
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 03:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 39       
Same God?

For muslims = same God
For christians = same as jews only
For jews = not same at all.

superknijn
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 04:07 PM EDT (US)     15 / 39       
The Ottomans wheren't so super-religious, Turks are the most secular Muslims around.
(At least in Turkey, when they live in other coutries, they tend to become more religious (I have some nice stories about that))

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Corn for the Corn God!
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 06:09 PM EDT (US)     16 / 39       
Just a few fun facts:

- Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world today.

- The rate of growth in Christianism is currently at a decline.

- Judaism came first, as you may know. Zoroastrianism came second (dating around the 6th century BCE). From a mixture of those two religions and religious ideas came Christianity. Christianity took many ideas and myths from the ancient religions and rewrote them to fit their own. The idea of the trinity is the biggest and most important example of this, which was taken from Zoroastrianism.

- Using the word "Allah" in a video game, would not offend most Muslims just as the use of "Jehovah" or "God" would not offend most Jews and Christians.

Toysoldier14
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 06:25 PM EDT (US)     17 / 39       
Maybe they think it will send Al Qaeda some funky message to kill everyone who plays video games! .

Allah Allah makes no sense anyways, it would be Allah Akbar, which means god is great.

I reject your reality, and substatute my own!
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 07:04 PM EDT (US)     18 / 39       
It would be funny, but part of being a company is not getting sued. And in a society where undies are particularily bunched up, you want to make as few possibly offensive remarks in your games as is physically possible. In a post 9/11 world, units screaming, "Allah akhbar!" before going into battle would piss a good deal of people off. Pissed off people = lawsuit. Lawsuit = no more ES. So sit tight and enjoy the bloody game as is.

[Take this seriously and I'll shoot you]You're all wrong about Islam, they worship a moon god. Jack says it's true, see: http://www.chick.com/[/Don't take this seriously]

WARNING: Chick.com is a 'Christian' fundamentalist propaganda engine, it offends just about everyone, and I mean that. Read at your own risk, contains large amounts of religious hatred, idiocy, hypocrisy, homophobia etc. But if you can tolerate that kind of stuff, it's excellent for a laugh.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
slayerman
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 07:14 PM EDT (US)     19 / 39       
As far as I know Allah means God. So a christain can say I believe in Allah meaning it to be God.
Mythos_Ruler
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 09:32 PM EDT (US)     20 / 39       
Kids, stop with the "lawsuit" defense of idiotic ES decisions. Having the ISLAMIC Turkish units shout, "Allah!" would be the same as showing a Christian unit in a game saying, "For my Lord!" or some such. This is simple HISTORY and NOTHING to be sued over. A judge would LAUGH and throw the motion OUT of court.
raaman
posted 11-06-05 09:35 PM EDT (US)     21 / 39       
"Umm yes, Mr. Judge. It appears that in a new and uprising video game called 'Age of Empires III' also known to others as 'A-O-E-3' has Turkish people screaming 'Allah....Allah'"

"Get out of my court.NOW!!!

;zlskehrt;oaweifalkdjfa;io3
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 09:40 PM EDT (US)     22 / 39       
Mythos, never overestimate the US Judicial system, they've done some pretty dumb stuff. Nor should you underestimate idiots in large groups.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
Heron
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 10:09 PM EDT (US)     23 / 39       

Quote:

Mythos, never overestimate the US Judicial system, they've done some pretty dumb stuff. Nor should you underestimate idiots in large groups.

I am rolling on the floor laughing my ass of.. Well, not literally. But I could if I was really motivated to.

"Idiots in large groups". LOL. That's the U.S. Judicial system, alright.

"If one is to understand the great mystery, one must look at all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Jedi."

Official Head Hauncho of the AoE3H Dating Thread, as decreed by Custergrant

Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 10:19 PM EDT (US)     24 / 39       
You cannot successfully sue somebody for portraying an Islamic person using the phrase "Allah Akbar". That phrase alone hold no grounds for a lawsuit, whether portrayed in a video game or on the side of a garbage can. Like Mythos stated, it is the equivalent to portraying a Christian person using the phrase "For my Lord" or "God is great", or whatever the case may be.

Those of you who think otherwise are being rather silly and you must not have much knowledge about such social issues.

Would any of you Christians (assuming some of you are) be offended if someone of Muslim decent used the phrase "For my Lord" in one of their video games (assuming the video game delt with historical content as the AOE series does)? If you say "yes" then you are most likely a racist, anti-Muslim nazi and your comments are no longer welcome here.

Chris Poietas
Skirmisher
(id: Heirkles)
posted 11-06-05 10:19 PM EDT (US)     25 / 39       
How depressing, this thread.

Ottomon Turk armies of the time consisted largely of non-Turkish, non-Islamic peoples, some of whom spoke Turkish, and many of whom did not.

And the correct phrase is "Allah/Allu Ackbar," which is, if you all recall, Arabic. The Turks speak Turkish. The author of this thread is making a very large statement based of ignorance, and I assume he's about 13 years old.

In terms of looking to the future, i think a hunnic type of barbarian maybe turkic should sweep over Northern Europe just to create some activity of the region. I mean Sweden has been left out of a good solid fight for way to long as far as im concerned. Maybe a Hunnic Foreign Hoarde similar in practice to the French Foreign Legion. So they can recruit internationally, their base could be Turkmekistan.
EPHESTION
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames