You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Home City Level question
Bottom
Topic Subject:Home City Level question
The_Austin
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 08:11 PM EDT (US)         
ok so let me get this straight...

the more xp points you get the higher your homecity level will become, and the higher your homecity level is the more cards you can get to choose from.

Doesn't that give an unfair advantantage before the game to the higher level player, if two players are evenly matched but one has a higher level hc he has the advantage. This just seems really unfair to me. It gives an unfair advantage to a player before the game even starts

AuthorReplies:
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 08:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Well if you are better or worse than your opponent, it won't matter. If you're the exact same, then it's the tie breaker.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
slayerman
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 08:40 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
That's the whole point of xp and leveling up, why you bother if it gives you no advantage.
Oi_Oi_Oi
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 09:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Play with people of have the same HC level as you.
Genghiz_Khan
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 09:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Higher lvl HC actually gives me something to work for. Plus, if you don't want to play a higher lvl person, DON'T.

To tread the sharp edge of a sword
To run on smooth-frozen ice,
One needs no footsteps to follow.
Walk over the cliffs with hands free.
raaman
posted 11-06-05 09:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
That doesn't always mean your gonna lose if you are the same skill level. Say this guy gets a shipment of halberdiers, and you make 2 falconets. The halberdiers are gonna die from one blast of the cannons, making them just a wasted shipment.

;zlskehrt;oaweifalkdjfa;io3
Agarwaen
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 10:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Having a higher homecity level basically just gives you more options. It isn't going to help you that much if your opponent is better, it just gives you more to choose from mostly.
The_Austin
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 01:16 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
lets say you wanted to try out another civ. that you dont' have such a high level with. your put at a disadvantage. it doesn't matter how small the disadvantage is, its just the overall thought of the restrictions it puts on the gameplay, it makes for a less flexible fair game
Pinchey
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 03:09 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
I play people in my home city level group
sexypanda
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 10:55 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
No matter how high your level is, you will only use 20 cards. Plus, after you reach the last tier of cards, its just a matter of options, really. If you re level 50, and your enemy is 70, probably both of you have already picked all the best cards, now youre leveling up to get all those spare cards, like, whatever, gold crates at age 4, 15% extra wood gathering rate at age 3, etc, cards that noone use. Im sure the level 70 will have more decks, but you both have already the most powerfull deck combinations for your HC.
tster123
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 12:41 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
15% wood gather rate at age 3 could be a very good card that smart people might use.
ES_DeathShrimp
VIP
posted 11-07-05 02:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Also remember that even though you have 20 Cards, you can only play them one at a time and most of the Cards you unlock are Age3 and Age4.

That means that even if you play against someone with a much higher HC level, the HC might have minimal or no effect on the game for the first 10 minutes or so.

HC level does have an effect, but not as much as you might think. Skill is still much more important.

Swiffle
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 02:24 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Everyone will be level 25+ after relatively few games. Personally my deck was decked out at level 18 or so. But having to unlock politicians(which aren't even listed anywhere) is silly.

Playing: Poker. Yay.
Retired: Age of Empires 3, Warcraft 3, Guild Wars, Dark Age of Camelot, Age of Empires 2.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames