You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Night shots of level 30 cities?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Night shots of level 30 cities?
Innovan
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 01:46 AM EDT (US)         
Anyone who's managed to get a level 30 city and unlock the night lighting effect card care to share a screenshot or two for their different civs?

I'm also wondering if the double globe street lights are significantly different as a lighting effect. And Torchy, of course.

[This message has been edited by Innovan (edited 11-07-2005 @ 01:55 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Octavian_AGE3H
Skirmisher
(id: Octavian_3009)
posted 11-07-05 02:37 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
Not very many people have level 30 homecities, but I've seen some on ESO.
Yohan Hoogland
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 04:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
You can just change the files in SP to get a lvl 200 homecity. I have a lvl 200 homecity for every civ, all cards unlocked and all customizations unlocked.

That way I can try new things quickly, to see if I up soon enough or just if the first 7 minutes work, for multiplayer.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
I Let You Go
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 06:03 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
imo that would spoil the point in playing the game. i'd quickly get bored of it as there wouldn't be anything to look forward to. the whole point of the xp thing is to give you a project of self-improvement.
Taufiq Khan
Skirmisher
(id: Shala_T)
posted 11-07-05 07:58 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
I would think that using a cheated HC and finding out how much you like everything would force you into building your own HC more skillfully (on ESO).

★★★★★
Yohan Hoogland
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 09:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15       

Quote:

imo that would spoil the point in playing the game. i'd quickly get bored of it as there wouldn't be anything to look forward to. the whole point of the xp thing is to give you a project of self-improvement.

Exactly, I leave that for MP.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
Maveric_LOL
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 10:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
i got a lvl 30 but havent unlocked the card yet

Brethren bound by justice. Souls who fear not death.
Soldiers of good. Champions of Light.
Together we stand forever. The Legion Of Light.
~The Legion Of Light~
gorbag orc
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 10:17 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
question about customizing: when you for example buy the customation of giving your dock green colours is it after you've done that possible then to switch back to the old design again? So that changes aren't permanent and you can change looks whenever you want?
sexypanda
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 10:48 AM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
The customizations are not 'permanent' (sp? is this a word?). You can remove them (at least, i can). I didnt unlocked any 'color change' customization yet, but i think you can switch between all color customizations.

A shame not all customizations can be used at once, since there are multiple color customizations for the same building.

But i really didnt expected to have one customization per level. It dosent add anything to gameplay but makes leveling up much more fun .

superknijn
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 11:54 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
You can switch between building looks; like you can disable other customizations.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Corn for the Corn God!

[This message has been edited by superknijn (edited 11-07-2005 @ 11:55 AM).]

scipio_africanus
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 12:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       

Quote:

It dosent add anything to gameplay but makes leveling up much more fun

Yeah. I was so happy when I reached level 5 and unlocked patriotic bunting. Now I'm anticipating customisations more than cards.

///scipio_africanus\\\
"Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
"I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
"posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
Winner of the Order of Doitzel!
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 11-07-05 03:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
Level 40 german here and I don't get night lighting. Only British get that IIRC.

superknijn
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 03:29 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
I think all, all home cities I now have have it as a possible customization (although they are all under 10).
Nations: Dutch, German and Russian. (I could hardly play the game, and my mom keeps re-installing Windows)

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Corn for the Corn God!
I Let You Go
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 03:31 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
wait, is this a new thing - i dont remember it in the demo even though you could get past level 5
Heron
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 03:44 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       

Quote:

wait, is this a new thing - i dont remember it in the demo even though you could get past level 5

Ya, it wasn't in teh demo, and it adds a certain spice to the game. As well as looking forward to just cards, you can also aim for certain customizations. <3 Eye candy. Customizations are teh uber!!!1!! IMO.

"If one is to understand the great mystery, one must look at all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Jedi."

Official Head Hauncho of the AoE3H Dating Thread, as decreed by Custergrant

CK the Fat
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 04:59 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
Only British get dusk lighting?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames