You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Still hesitant to buy the game!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Still hesitant to buy the game!
Drue87
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 08:03 PM EDT (US)         
Hey. I've been keeping up with these boards several months before the game was released. I was a die-hard AOE and AOK fan, but was somewhat dissapointed when the demo came out. Does the demo give a true feel of the game? Or can I expect much more from ESO?

Also, if I do buy this, it will only be for casual gaming. I'm playing sports in highschool and holding down a job. I won't be able to play often, so I was wondering if I could still compete with the inters, or would I have to keep building up my TC to get to play better people? I really don't want to waste my time only to level up, as it's very limited. How important is levelling up the HC in ESO?

Input appreciated,

thanks.

AuthorReplies:
Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 08:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Well with a lvl 10+ tc its great and lvl 25+ u can compete with anyone.... it doesnt take that much to lvl up either...

Really tho, you will regret it when ur 80 if u dont buy this game it is well worth it

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • Bighittz56
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-07-05 08:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
    I'm still fairly new to this game but I'll give it a shot. The demo is very similar to the game with the exception of access to higher level cards from your home city, and of course, ESO, which seems to be down or kicks ya half the time (I believe this will get better with time). I was a big time fan of AOK, and this game plays alot like AOK in my opinion. AOE3 doesn't seem to scroll as smoothly for me though.

Actually building your home city isn't that big of a deal. You can play with other players in ESO against the cpu to build exp, and therefore, your home city. I like building it through playing other players though, it's really the only way to get familiar with all the cards, along with when and where to use them. It is fairly important to play with home cities close to each other in level. A difference of only 2 or 3 levels, especially in the 5-15 level range, can mean major hurdles.

Hope this helps a bit!

StonewallJ
    Seraph Emeritus
    (id: Conquistador34)
    posted 11-07-05 08:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
    Buy it.

It is better than the demo. SP does not grasp the MP level of play. Even though ESO has it's bugs and issues, it is superior to fighting the AI. The hc past lvl 9 is better, and there are more interesting maps to play on.

Quote:

I'm playing sports in highschool and holding down a job. I won't be able to play often

Me too, but I have the weekends.

Quote:

you will regret it when ur 80 if u dont buy this game

Definitely, you'll regret it, and you don't want to die with regrets, do you?

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames