You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Any Stragedy guides for the Dutch?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Any Stragedy guides for the Dutch?
ShadowZX
Skirmisher
posted 11-14-05 11:14 PM EDT (US)         
I recently switched over to the Ducth from the Portugese since they had no grenadiers. I am having a bit of trouble switching over to settlers costing coin so r there any strats like the Sonic Boom Technique (Fast-Fortress) for the Portugese. Things like aging up time, number of settlers, sending setlers on what resource etc.
(I am a turtler/boomer so strats based on those would be good)

I miss Portugese Dragoons

Also, Does anyone know if the Dutch can have instantaneous units like the Russian infantry or German cavalry or Spanish archiac units.

[This message has been edited by ShadowZX (edited 11-15-2005 @ 00:08 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 11-14-05 11:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Don't think so, but you could read through the 6 or so threads on the first page about the Dutch.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
ShadowZX
Skirmisher
posted 11-14-05 11:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
I red them, they didn't help much which is why i made this thread.
Lt_Smash
Skirmisher
posted 11-15-05 01:45 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
depends what type of game your playing. if its like a 4 4 or 3 v 3, then ill probably put 4 vils on gold and 2 on food, pump more on food until i start getting down on gold. then put one more created vil on gold, the rest on food til you advance. sometimes if i know im gonna be in for a long game, ill put some vils onto wood early on too, build a bank in age 1. (you can still advance around 6:30) by doing this which really isnt that bad in a long game cause youll be able to take vils off gold and put them onto wood/food as needed.

for military, i just mass skirm and w/e there cavalry is. 40-50 skirms and 20 cav makes a good sized army to help you allies lauch a tri-pronged attack onto one guy, or to bail an anlly out when hes getting attacked.

ShadowZX
Skirmisher
posted 11-15-05 05:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
bump (i wanted to hear more)
Drench19
Skirmisher
posted 11-15-05 05:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
I'd love to help you but after going on a long winning streak in the lower levels i have hit a wall in the upper ones where players have more cards available to them. Dutch have a great early game and even a great semi rush that can decimates an opponents early eco but they have no closers. I.E. no effective way to take out buildngs and tcs. The gold dependency is to strong so by mid game i am starving. And if i invest in banks i end up with little military. Turtling works to a degree, but dutch units can suck past age II skirms and ruyters die to easily and theres no anti anti artillary. So i am losing confidence of late in Dutch.
ajenterp
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 05:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Team games is a fun way to go with dutch. 26 cannons in 23 minutes
Blue_Devil
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 05:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Take a gander at the forum party recorded games that you can download from this site. TGE does pretty well all the way through with the Dutch. It's probably a good place to start.

And, like any civ with decent infantry and grenadiers, I'd always advise the galley sling, aka the "boat rush", if you're playing against lower-level opponents.

I've found myself following TGE's early discovery age allocation of villagers, and thus far I can consistently be in a position to repel the ottoman rushes that have come my way, and sometimes turn the tables on them with the boat rush by garrisoning my vills when he approaches and forcing him to march back to his town to deal with my grenadiers (who then retreat towards the boat and annihilate any jans foolish enough to follow).

Gundanium
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 06:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
.. mortars do plenty of damage to buildings heh. Also early on, pikemen/halberds do some very nice siege damage.

[img]http://www.elpea.net/stats/Martymcfly.png[/img]
jaafit
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 08:23 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
And they get grenadiers in age II

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames