You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » I did it !!
Bottom
Topic Subject:I did it !!
Major Helper
AoKH Survivor, Mr. White Teeth
posted 11-16-05 07:38 AM EDT (US)         
yesss !! i finally beat the hard computer im so hapy now now i would be happier,if id get the game this sunday,since thens my birthday

when i checked the post game ( i use britys) , i almost laughed when i saw it...the villager line ( the most important in my opnion) was almost identical for me and the comp for ahout mid game,but afetr mid times,my villager count kept rising and his stayed the same

i had 72 !! villagers when game ended and he had lost about 40
villagers in under 1 minute !! (the highest he had was 51 :P )

but nevertheless,im so dam happy now !!!!!! now i gotta get used to killing the hard before even dreaming of expert comp :/

YEHHAWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
AuthorReplies:
Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 07:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Glad to hear!

May I suggest that you try out some games online, it most certainly will be hard at first but the rewards are so much greater than sp IMHO

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • Major Helper
    posted 11-16-05 08:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
    ooey,first post from mokon

*bows*

but anyways, do you think i should use french,since i like booming and "turtling" more

(dont listen to me,i suxxorz in every aspect of this game, and the boom/turtle/rush/raid guys would turn in their graves if theyd know what im calling bo/ru/tu/ra)

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
    Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
    -=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
    Mokon
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-16-05 08:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
    hehe, dont worry, ur two steps ahead most ppl cause u admit ur weaknesses... most ppl dont do that

but yeah france is a nice one. Also try dutch or if u want a challege russia and portugal might be nice to, of course those civs are pretty diffucult to use so....

Thanx, Mokon

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • GRUNT
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-16-05 08:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
    Congratulations!

It's a pretty different world online, though . People play very differently from the comp. I suggest you download and watch some replays of good players playing whatever civ you want to play, so that you'd have a general idea of what to do, before you go online :P. Usually, before I play a civ online, I download replays from people who actually know what they're doing, then practice against the comp to get a feel for the civ :P.

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
    http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
    RoL Online Nick:
    ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
    tster123
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-16-05 08:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
    whenever I play a new civ online I just go for it. no need to waste my time not playing when I can just play. ratings be damned.
    Major Helper
    posted 11-16-05 08:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
    well,i definitely gonna play online if my comp allows that...(it didnt with aoe2) it shuoldnt be the firewall,it just didnt connect back then...thanks for compliment mokon,ill be sure to try dutch too,thank you for evrybody

GRUNT
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-16-05 08:49 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
    Heh- I'm one of those guys who likes his ratings, though I'm not so extreme that I disconnect when I'm losing, or get really pissed if I lose :P.

And I wouldn't recommend Dutch if you're new....they require a fair bit of micro with their Skirmishers...I think that french or ottomans are much more straight-forward civs if you're new (=.

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
    http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
    RoL Online Nick:
    ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
    Major Helper
    posted 11-16-05 09:18 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
    well,im kinda good with micro (i guess :S ) , since i never leave the battle going on without looking at it...when i ever i attack/defend , i always focus all the guys to attack one guy at time...the only time i let the battle roam,is when i seemingly have no chance,then i go quicly back to my town and start controlling everything i see :P i also always keep villagers working (expect when im in the middle of bhattle,then i dont have time to click the idle villagers button...)

one of my most bad faults is,that when ever theres peace time after anbout 7 minutes, i go mad becouse i have no idea when trhe enemy is attackin,and i dont havbe time to send any scouts... (not enuff micro or time i guess) :P

thats about my pors and cons i guess :P

ToNiC
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-16-05 09:59 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
    Very nice

I also recommend you to play online, you will have lots of fun. Just keep in mind to join newbie/beginner games and you will do fine after some games. Some guys think they should join expert games or good player when they beat the comp on hard or expert level, not saying that you are like that, just telling this so ur online gaming expercience with aoe3 will be fun for you and your teammates...

Greetings and good luck!

Major Helper
    posted 11-16-05 01:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
    greetings and thank you i think ill first get a lil bit used to new civs before dashing to internet and bashing my score :P

scipio_africanus
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-16-05 04:08 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
    If you can beat hard you should be fine in games labelled "n00b"

///scipio_africanus\\\
    "Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
    "I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
    "posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
    The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
    Winner of the Order of Doitzel!
    Major Helper
    posted 11-17-05 12:52 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
    glad to hear that >:P

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames