You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.26 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Cutest unit in AoE3?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cutest unit in AoE3?
GRUNT
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 08:24 AM EDT (US)         
My vote for Cutest Unit of Age of Empires III goes to the Envoy! :P Everything about him is cute, from his hat, his funny accent, the way he goes: "hallo", his shoes, did I mention his hat? Look at it when he's running! (Even the way he runs is funny to watch)

Although I must admit, the capybara comes in a close second, even though it's a giant rat :P.

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
AuthorReplies:
Krator
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 08:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 26       
Seconded

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
tster123
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 08:46 AM EDT (US)     2 / 26       
capybara - cow - tapir - dog - llama - envoy - Rhea

descending list of cute units.

Khaleb
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 09:58 AM EDT (US)     3 / 26       
High on my list: the occasional French female villager. Which, alas, you only get via Treasures or a Cherokee tech. Of course that is only because of the voice and the things she says. Can't compete with the allrounder of cuteness that is the envoy. And he better be cute, cause he is a sad unit in every other respect
GRUNT
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 10:06 AM EDT (US)     4 / 26       
Actually, I think the fact that the envoy can't attack makes him cuter, in a weird kinda way. He just stands there and watches stuff, while wearing a really cool hat!

Sorta like how a Slow Loris is cute because it's slow :P.

http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
RoL Online Nick:
ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t

[This message has been edited by GRUNT (edited 11-16-2005 @ 10:08 AM).]

Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 10:20 AM EDT (US)     5 / 26       

Quote:

Actually, I think the fact that the envoy can't attack makes him cuter, in a weird kinda way. He just stands there and watches stuff, while wearing a really cool hat!

Actually, that's NOT a fact.

The Envoy uses a punching attack and it's so hilarious to watch that I think it quadruples his cuteness! XD

GRUNT
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 10:33 AM EDT (US)     6 / 26       
Hey!? One time I tried to ask my Envoy to actually attack something, and he just ran to it. I didn't know he could ATTACK! I must load the game and see this for myself immedietly!

RoL Online Nick:
Cirruis
Banned
posted 11-16-05 10:36 AM EDT (US)     7 / 26       
The fat lama, its funny looking when fully fat. Hehe...
GRUNT
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 11:16 AM EDT (US)     8 / 26       
I'll be! Those things really CAN attack!

Battle report: Dutch vs Ottomans

I started off the game with the free 68 Envoys card to counter the Ottoman rush.

[JPEG, (154.30 KB)]
Here come my Envoys! The way they run makes them look like a team of rugby players from HECK!

[JPEG, (171.33 KB)]
My envoys catch the dazed and confused Ottomans by suprise, and battle is joined!

[JPEG, (224.82 KB)]
The Ottomans fight for their lives! Those Envoys who aren't engaged in brutal fisticuffs stand and watch ominously from the sidelines!

An Ottoman, isolated from the herd, is jumped by 3 of Holland's finest!

[JPEG, (198.99 KB)]
The Ottomans had the edge in guile, skill, and valour. But in the end, only sheer numbers mattered!

The last Ottoman, in a moment that vaguely resembles that scene from 'The Man Who Would Be King'

Have you ever seen a bunch of Envoys cheering after they won a fight? If not, open up the editor NOW, have a bunch of them beat up something, and see for yourself! It's hilarious! :P

RoL Online Nick:

[This message has been edited by GRUNT (edited 11-16-2005 @ 11:17 AM).]

Kaziglu Bey
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 11:23 AM EDT (US)     9 / 26       
Try a Envoys vs Priests matchup. The priests aren't cute though.
Luckyass
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 11:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 26       
lol if ur sure of winning, humiliate the enemy and kill him with dutch envoys ^^

cool screens GRUNT

[This message has been edited by Luckyass (edited 11-16-2005 @ 11:33 AM).]

Sjonnie
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 12:03 PM EDT (US)     11 / 26       
I truly hate the way the Dutch speak. Altough all words are pronounced right (despite some grammatical incorrectnesses), it is spoken in lifelessly, uses some words you wouldn't expect (would any dutchman say "okay" in the 1600s?).

"One day, my quotes will stand in signatures"
Sjonnie

Quod licet Iovi non licet bovi

DarkFlame
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 12:15 PM EDT (US)     12 / 26       
Yes, the voices of the dutch REALLY suck. Really. Much.

Ohmigod, fancy colour fading!
I blame these purple things.
GFWL: NilePenguin
Clam_Knight
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 12:24 PM EDT (US)     13 / 26       
-I think the Envoys look like clowns...It's kind of scary...

"Fool, I have auto-dialing!" -Techno Bill
parallax7d
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 12:28 PM EDT (US)     14 / 26       
I don't think ES went for total accuracy on the voices, many strike me as cute or novel.

But as far as the second cutest unit goes, I would say the Russian Explorer. He looks like a rapper with big baggy clothes.

gorbag orc
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 02:03 PM EDT (US)     15 / 26       
I'm Dutch, but I don't think that the Dutch voices are strange. In the beginning it was very strange for me to hear my own language, but you have to get used to it and now I even like it and think that it's cool! I also like the cannons with their "Den Haagse" ("The Hage-ish") accent. So no, their voices don't suck. I only think that the voice of the "Fluyt" isn't originally done by a Dutchman because he says "iek doe het" instead of "ik doe het". I think that their battle sound is quite awsome "AANVALLUH!!!"

btw, how do you get that 68 envoys card :|!?

btw, capybara's aren't rats but they are giant originally family of cavias (guinea pigs)

DannyBoy17
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 02:10 PM EDT (US)     16 / 26       
That was price;ess Grunt! I wish there was a card for that many envoys!
majpain
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 03:39 PM EDT (US)     17 / 26       
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 11-16-05 03:47 PM EDT (US)     18 / 26       
at first i thought the envoy but now i like some mercs like highlander.
Oi_Oi_Oi
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 04:53 PM EDT (US)     19 / 26       
The fat sheeps, lamas and cows.
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 05:33 PM EDT (US)     20 / 26       
If they had bothered to make a separate model for the coyote it would win this contest hands down... epic thread by the way.

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
topace3k
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 06:48 PM EDT (US)     21 / 26       
Those pictures remind me of when I had my native scout hunt down the Dutch Envoy. The envoy didn't stand a chance.
Jamie Pick
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 07:30 PM EDT (US)     22 / 26       
The cutest unit in AOE3 is one of the non playable ones, it's one of the customizations, and that customization has to be the jack the Ripper one!
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 09:15 PM EDT (US)     23 / 26       
Grunt, that was brilliant, purely brilliant. And is it just me or is their celebration pose an Elvis style pelvic thrust?

As for the cutest unit, the not fat sheep ^_^.

The Envoy isn't cute, it's hilarious.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.

[This message has been edited by Insane Sheep (edited 11-16-2005 @ 09:18 PM).]

TheGoodEvil
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 01:27 AM EDT (US)     24 / 26       
spanish missonary is by far the cutest with his little donkey

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

Fwiffo del desierto
Skirmisher
(id: Fwiffo)
posted 11-17-05 02:40 AM EDT (US)     25 / 26       
The Portuguese Female Villagers.

Everyone got AIDS and shit
Steel_Cat
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 03:45 AM EDT (US)     26 / 26       
Having looked at a bunch, here's my top 6 cutest:

1. Fat Lhama
2. Caypbara
3. Turtles on a log
4. Kingfisher
5. Rhea
6. Russian Explorer

With the big pants the Russian Explorer looks like a midget from the normal view!

"Its never the things that happen to us that upset us, its our view of them." -Epictetus
Dual GeForce 256MB 6800 GT over SLI PCI Express x8...aaaaw yeah.
My ESO2 Stats | Screenshot Archive
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames