Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Age Community Bug
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age Community Bug
ajenterp
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 04:54 PM EDT (US)         
I played a game against someone by the name of "down". Our side won and he lost. Yet his record still shows a 100% win in his age community stats. Possible bug? Click my sig then last game played to see "down's" profile.
AuthorReplies:
DarkAge
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 04:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Interesting. I beat this guy...

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=woatmatal&md=ZS_Supremacy

...but his record still shows 100%. Although I think in my case it's because he started a new HC after I beat him. As for your opponent, I have no clue.

JimR
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 05:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
I have seen similar player stats as 'down' that you pointed out ajenterp. I think some players have figured out a way to prevent their losses from counting. I am not 100% sure on that, nor do I care how it is done. I for one want all my wins/losses counted.

What is fascinating to me is the Talanos Ladder. This ladder finds the losses of players like 'down' and factors them into the rating even tho age community does not show it.

Darkage - New HC shouldn't matter for wins/losses. All 'Rated' games should show up on those statistics. As far as I know.

[This message has been edited by JimR (edited 11-16-2005 @ 05:10 PM).]

DarkAge
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 05:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       

Quote:

Darkage - New HC shouldn't matter for wins/losses. All 'Rated' games should show up on those statistics. As far as I know.

I should have been more clear. I think he actually deleted the old HC under which he suffered a loss to me. As you can see, he only has 2 wins listed but he has clearly played more games than that. I guess when you delete an HC you lose all stats associated with it.

Or it's a bug/exploit.

ajenterp
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 05:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       

Quote:

I think some players have figured out a way to prevent their losses from counting. I am not 100% sure on that, nor do I care how it is done.

Ya it doesn't bother me but I just wanted to point it out He got Pwned anyways.

Von Dutch
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 05:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Well, seeing as down has a huge amount of losses on the Talanos ladder, I'm almost sure that it's a bug/exploit. If he did find a way around losses being posted, he's a loser, because there's no more challenge in the game. It looks like you're the best, but actually u suck. It's what i think in all games, it must be boring to be a cheater, it takes the fun out of the game.

ESO2 name = Von_Dutch

Proud member of 'The Weekend Widowmakers' AoE3 clan
Also proud member of The Eye Candy Guild

"Turn right at fork in road...In Soviet Russia - Road forks you!"

DarkAge
Skirmisher
posted 11-16-05 05:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
I mentioned the issue (without naming names) to [ES]Paragon and he said it's a known issue. He said he is aware of several players with skewed stat records.

I guess they'll fix it if they can.

Flammifer
Kings Guard
posted 11-16-05 06:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Losses as port do not show up in that main graph at the top of the profile stats. ES is aware of it. It is not a hack, it is a bug.

[This message has been edited by Flammifer (edited 11-16-2005 @ 06:57 PM).]

StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 11-16-05 07:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
EDIT- nevermind Flammifer explained the issue I had.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[This message has been edited by Stonewall J 1863 (edited 11-16-2005 @ 07:02 PM).]

Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 11-16-05 09:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       

Quote:

What is fascinating to me is the Talanos Ladder. This ladder finds the losses of players like 'down' and factors them into the rating even tho age community does not show it.

Even though AgeCommunity doesn't count them as losses, our ladder reads the actual games for the winner/losser. So we have the accurate information.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames