You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » TC down + Hero Down = no rebuild?
Bottom
Topic Subject:TC down + Hero Down = no rebuild?
Tianx
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 00:32 AM EDT (US)         
Before Fortress, is there any other way to build TC or regain Hero if they are both down. I know the Hero comes to life if there are units near it but what if he's surrounded by troops? Does that mean it's game over for you even if you teammates are not doing so bad?
AuthorReplies:
Qazitory
HG Alumnus
posted 11-17-05 01:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
If your teammates are still in game and doing well, ask them to rescue your explorer. That's pretty much the only practical way. Sure you could get a TC wagon from a German ally (card in 4th age) and possible other weird options...

•Qazitory•
•AoE3 rating: Qazitory
My AoE3:TWC mods: QazUI - Treasure - Main Menu - Low Lag HC - Deck selection•
•Guide my keystrokes, keep my programs alive, protect me from viruses, back up my drive.•
Steel_Cat
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 02:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
You wouldn't be able to tribute the TC wagon to another player though.

Only option is to get your explorer back.

"Its never the things that happen to us that upset us, its our view of them." -Epictetus
Dual GeForce 256MB 6800 GT over SLI PCI Express x8...aaaaw yeah.
My ESO2 Stats | Screenshot Archive
Teddy_Horse
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 03:27 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
That is almost a "victory condition" when both are down. I have lost once to that already and my opp was clever enough to send 15 guy on my hero just to be sure. The funny was that I was actualy beating him but he made a nasty attack against my TC which has gone done quickly.
Since russians cannot build towers (at least at my level) I could not protect it. Eventualy I lost lots of villis trying to protect the TC.
I am pretty much sure he was doing it by purpose so it was a clever move from him and a gg.

My computer beats me in chess. But I am much better in kick-box...
GREEN CERTIFICATE: this message contains recycling electrons
Tordenskiold
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 04:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16       

Quote:

Since russians cannot build towers (at least at my level) I could not protect it

Blockhouse ?? The cost the same as towers

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
Qazitory
HG Alumnus
posted 11-17-05 05:00 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16       

Quote:

You wouldn't be able to tribute the TC wagon to another player though.

I was aiming at the German card that ships a TC wagon to every player in the team.

•Qazitory•
•Guide my keystrokes, keep my programs alive, protect me from viruses, back up my drive.•
I Let You Go
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 06:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
:-o

what a brilllllliant idea!!! i often do the german tc-razing rush but can never really catch up if the enemy just rebuilds it, which is happening a lot recently.

so, i'll just take his explorer out with my free uhlans!

kick.

ASS.

pv1979
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 06:50 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
In 1 vs 1 games, this probably is a viable strategy. But: you have to make sure you can get his TC and his explorer... If you can, this basically means: game over...

COOL!!!

Note:

But is it also an expert strategy? (viable for experts?)

/Undiminished vegetarian/

My favorite comedy sites: www.whitehouse.org; www.comedycentral.com; www.landoverbaptist.org

Good, informative television on the internet: www.democracynow.org... & I`m still listening to www.harrisradio.com

[This message has been edited by pv1979 (edited 11-17-2005 @ 06:51 AM).]

I Let You Go
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 07:01 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
well an expert would know to take care of his explorer. but as long as everyone doesnt start using this strat, we're sorted! hooray for germany! hooray for landsnechts! auf wiendershen!
pv1979
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 07:06 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
It`s like a fast checkmate option............... There should be a buildorder, for trying this to work.......

Boy, does this game have some strategy in it!

:-D

My favorite comedy sites: www.whitehouse.org; www.comedycentral.com; www.landoverbaptist.org

Good, informative television on the internet: www.democracynow.org... & I`m still listening to www.harrisradio.com

Qazitory
HG Alumnus
posted 11-17-05 08:21 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
Umm if you're able to take out the enemy town center in colonial and kill his explorer, you've practically won the game already. I'd hardly call it a strategy...

•Qazitory•
I Let You Go
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 08:25 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
the strategy lies in being ABLE to destroy the TC whilst also managing to boom enough afterwards to make it a viable strategy in case it fails / you are playing a team match.

this is really really really HARD. i've been trying to master it but haven't ever managed to keep a good economy going in preparation for after the rush.

if you want to see the strategy for the german version, check out the "german rush" thread in the Strategy section of the forum. 2 pages, filled with strategy.

pv1979
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 09:47 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
You are right, Qazitory, probably. I just thought, maybe there is some easy way to get a TC down, although you loose maybe a lot of units, and get the explorer captured near your own town, at least at a place where he can`t be freed/recaptured easily..................

I Let You Go
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 11:06 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
excuse me while i just check over the facts.

THIS IS THE PERFECT RUSH.

IT IS NO DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER RUSH.

IT IS SIMPLY CARRIED OUT PERFECTLY.

i dont see what doesnt kick ass about that.

Caboto
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 11:31 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
Qazitory,

I recently had a match as Germans vs Ottos. We took down eachother's TC's (I managed to take out his whole town)and explorers in colonial. In the end though German economics won out.
Most interesting match I've ever had so far.

jaafit
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 01:39 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
My friend and I had a match recently where I had carelessly allowed my explorer to get killed at the opponent's forward base, which was surrounded by 4 towers. I think they were aware of this strat because the next thing they did was take down my TC! I thought the game was over for sure!

Then my allie sent his entire army in to those towers and my explorer was revived.

Now here's the funny part. They were so intent on keeping my explorer down that they sent their entire army marching after my explorer, who already had a pretty good head start. So as they ran after my explorer, they also ran right by my skrims/hussars -- but didn't stop! -- and my army destroyed theirs easily.

We took out their undefended forward base, I built my TC, and we went on to win the game.

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
I Let You Go
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 02:43 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
sweet, i just did exactly this and within 10 minutes had kicked a player out of a 3v3.

the first explorer i killed was cleverly (?) ransomed back to orange base from the heart of my base (i manically got all my villagers to garrison and thus shoot him down with a little help from a spanish hunting dog)

but the blue explorer wasn't as lucky and i got him with the outpost at my forward base. then of course my forward base got kitted out with some landsnechts and pikes waiting around for my 8 xbows card, went in and raped blues town centre. blue then realised the mess he was in and resigned.

then i gave up on military for a while and boomed with the german 3 early town centres advantage and went from having about 70 points at the end of my rush (compared to the enemies' 200-odd and my allies' 150ish) to 800 - the highest - points by the end of the game.

usefully, this strat also gives the victim's allies second thoughts about going for an early aggressive foreign policy, which is FOOLISH as germans in the period straight after a rush are weak.

so as far as i could see, the battle was won after the first 10 minutes of an hour long game.

of course, if we'd been playing at an expert level, things would've been different...

but for now, this strategy kicks ass.

why didnt i think of it first?! its so simple! goddamit!

[This message has been edited by I Let You Go (edited 11-17-2005 @ 02:47 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames