You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Economic and Military Gather point
Bottom
Topic Subject:Economic and Military Gather point
SwiftAero
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 02:02 PM EDT (US)         
Home City shipments make it essential to set both economic and military gather points, most likely different locations for TCs, towers, or your fort, depending on where the home city shipments go.

Is there a hotkey combination to set the mitilary gather point? For example, economic is right-click ... very simple and effective in two steps:

1) Select the TC, tower, or fort that currently receives home city shipments. (If you haven't hotkeyed this, then your map position centers on the building selection.)
2) Right click on the mini-map.

I like this. I know how to set the military gather point using the military gather point button, but consider the typical hassle:

1) Select the TC, tower, or fort that currently receives home city shipments. (If you haven't hotkeyed this, then your map position centers on the building selection.)
2) Left click the military gather point button.
3) Scroll back to your desired location; or left-click on the mini-map to find the desired location
4) Left-click the map to set the gather point.

Is there any way to simplify this? Thanks!

AuthorReplies:
DarkAge
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-05 02:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
There is a setting in the options menu to allow a right-click to set the economic gather point only, or both military and economic gather point. If you have this set to economic only, then you are required to use the button to set the military gather point. However, using the opposite setting allows right-click to set both gather points at once.

I have the [right-click sets economic gather point only] setting disabled, so when I hotkey my TC then I can right-click on the map and my home city shipments will be sent to that location. However, all villagers will be sent to this location too.

So yeah, your options are economic-only or both. No setting for military-only AFAIK. But I'm sure someone will be happy to correct me if I'm wrong.

[This message has been edited by DarkAge (edited 11-17-2005 @ 02:36 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames