You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Question about civ in skirmish
Bottom
Topic Subject:Question about civ in skirmish
Jiga5
Skirmisher
posted 11-27-05 08:22 PM EDT (US)         
I've tried a few civs now (spain,germany) but can't quite put my finger on which one to be. I didn't like spain because there HC military cards sucked, and german were good, I didn't get to really try them because I raided the enemies base 5 minutes into the game and they had nothing, but is germany at a big disadvanatge because they don't get musketeers?

What are the strenghts and weaknesses of spain and germany?

I'm going to try France today, they look like they are a well balanced civ, what are their S & W.

AuthorReplies:
ShadowZX
Skirmisher
posted 11-27-05 10:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Spain advantage is versatility, they have a variation of different cards suited to diferent situations and they get shipements 30% faster. Their Lancers r great units against unfantry. Spain's disadvantage is that they rely a lot on melee units.

Germany is pretty good civ and a little versatile as well. They get Mercenaniers before any other civ and in Age2. They have better settlers(settler wagons) than Courier des Bois. With a unique church tech, they can hire mercenaries for free. Their War Wagon is the best anti-cav unit in the game and the Dopplesoldners is the best melee infantry capable on going 1v1 againt the dreaded French Curassier. Germans also get good skirmishers sunce they have a special upgrade for them. The Germans dont really have a big disadavtage but the fact that they lack musketeer makes a little bit of difference since they need a good ranged infantry in Age 2. German soldiers r strong but expensive as well but with a good eco that shouldn't be much of a problem.

French is a really good civ and still vertsatile, so good that they r being considered OP. Their main advantages r their settlers. The Courier des Bois, who gather faster and r stronger than normal settlers. French cavalry, the Curassier is also a really strong unit, it cant be matched be most units. The French also have good Skirmishers because of their unique upgrade and the early skirmishers card. The French dont have much of a real disadvantage except that have dont have good mercenaries and. They dont have good Church techs as well.

lachlan
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 01:23 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Russia is also very good in Skirmish. France is good just make sure you keep up villager production and they will give you better and easier to manage econ then Spain or Germany.

If you have trouble kepping up villager production use Otto's they do it for you.

Jiga5
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 01:24 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
What sort of miltary unit cards do france get
Quizzart
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 02:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
They can get Crossbow, Pike, Skirmisher, Curassier and one other cav (dragoon perhaps), Falconet and Mortars too. I think they start with a xbow card in age2, skirm cards in ages 3 & 4, Curassier cards in ages 3 &4, and a Falconet card in age 3 or 4.

[This message has been edited by Quizzart (edited 11-28-2005 @ 05:56 PM).]

Jiga5
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 05:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Yeah, France seems to be abit op. They have musketeers, the best settler, the best skirmisher and the best cavalry, while every other civ has at least one disadvantage.

If I use native ranged units that should cover for Germany not having a heavy ranged unit.

By the way, does the Ai in skirmish get harder as your HC goes higher because right now I'm only playing on moderate to get a feeling for the game and I'm always able to beat the game in 5 minutes without even trying.

The Bob
Skirmisher
posted 11-29-05 07:45 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Nope, gets easier as you get more cards and more skillful. Just stick the difficulty up to hard - though chances are you'll probably win that too. The jump between hard and expert though is quite astronomical.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames