You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Funniest strategy Ive attempted...and it works.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Funniest strategy Ive attempted...and it works.
DannyBoy17
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 07:04 PM EDT (US)         
So there you are...the ill-fated German player up against an ottoman. You know hes coming with Jans. You know hes coming with Albus. And you know they are coming fast...so what to do?

Here what I do. Get the gold card and fast. Build an barracks way off in the middle of nowhere. Start pumpin out some Dopps until you got 10+.

Next, scramble your villies to get some wood, and send some Xbows to your bae. By this time, 10 Jans will be in the area, with more to come. Wait until they engage. Micro with your bows and keep him busy.

Next, send ALL of your Dopps to his towncenter. Take it down, do if he sends Jans, make one Dopp at a time attack them. Even if he is good with micro this will distact him enough. Make some more Dopps and have them relay at his TC. It will go down quickly. Once that done with retreat to your TC.

Its funny because people go crazy and start swearin at you saying your just a lucky noob...best part is I did it twice to the same guy

AuthorReplies:
ShadowZX
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 07:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 17       

Quote:

Its funny because people go crazy and start swearin at you saying your just a lucky noob...best part is I did it twice to the same guy

LOL! Twice

Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 07:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17       

Quote:

RotfLOL.

majpain
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 07:46 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
DannyBoy17
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 07:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
I think I have two saved, but I dont know how to upload them to the other site

BTW, Mercs are a good addition to this strat. Or if the player is smart, you will need Uhlans to attract his army to another place o nthe map.

majpain
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 08:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 11-28-05 08:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
Hah, nice to see you were able to pull it off.

EliteNemesis
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 08:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
doesnt this pretty much sacrifice your main base?

although u kill his

DannyBoy17
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 09:55 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
[quote pretty much sacrifice your main base?

although u kill his [/quote]

Thats the whole point. The thing is, Dopps have great seige attack and will tear it down quickly. Dont forget to send a few bows back to your tc, then walk em around and keep him busy. One time both TC's went down lol, I had stronger units and 4 settler wagons so I made quick work of his base and army. I think this happened the first time I tried it, it was like Age of Empires: The Twilight Zone.

BTW, this is VERY good vs a natives rush. They will not have a chace of taking down the TC, and will not be able to retreat to thier own base in time to save thier TC (not to mention Dopps pwn Cav)

I hope someone can try it and post a vid, its fun to watch. If you do try, he 700g card is KEY, and make sure you have enough for barracks as soon as you age up.

Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-05 10:00 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
its not going to work.... good otto are in ur base 4-5 mins in... ur not going to have 10 dops by than.

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • Culverin
    Skirmisher
    (id: Robert_Squared)
    posted 11-28-05 10:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
    This should probably be in the strategy forum, but oh well...

So how do you get enough wood for your second house AND a barracks?

Gold Rust
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-28-05 10:41 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
    It does work, Ive done the same thing almost. The key is not to go after his tc first, if you do that you'll have much better success. Stay away from the tc and kill surrounding houses etc, which will boost your xp so quick you'll be able to send a steady supply of units to reinforce your offensive attack (from a forward built outpost) meanwhile you are using all of your rescourses to defend from him. It works really well with just a few specialized cards - colonial militia and tuetonic town centers(to help you defend if the heat is to great), landsknetch band, and the palitine houses card (makes it so you dont have to build hardly any houses, meaning more vill in tc time wont kill your shipments). I have been able to pull off this strat against an ottoman on every map I've tried thus far, except great plains. - He came at my tc with lokata and I only had xbows

Oh ya, and if you run low on rescources you can always send a 700 batch to your outpost and have the same villie who built it gather the rescources. I think the reason this strat works is that the ottoman loses the ability to slow your economy - with access to more shipments and by hurting his economy at the same time that he hurts yours, the game is more forgiving to you when you are forced to havce your villies in your tc for an extended amount of time - i.e. he will be experiencing the same thing. Now of course there are ottomans out there that this wont work against, but so far this has proven to be a worthy strat for me.

[This message has been edited by Gold Rust (edited 11-28-2005 @ 10:49 PM).]

DannyBoy17
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-28-05 10:52 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
    Mokon: You never know until you try!

Robert: You owuld be suprised what a group of settler wagons can gather in a couple mins. Or, you could just use the 300 wood card while your advancing.

Gold Rust: You are very right. Some Ottos will deflect this easily, especially if they see it coming. If they turtle, they will pwn you with microing. If you ever realize a player is rushing tho, this is a good strat.

On a side note, is it just me or to crossbows suck. Im quite sure its just me :P

Mokon
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-28-05 11:24 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       

Quote:

Mokon: You never know until you try!

No, there are something you dont need to test, for everything else there is mastercard

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • TheArmyFromHELL
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-29-05 01:15 AM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
    with my germans i just get the 500 wood straight after i advance 4 sum xbows or pikes or houses.... GO THE DOPPS!!!!
    (im lvl 7)
    Culverin
    Skirmisher
    (id: Robert_Squared)
    posted 11-29-05 10:34 AM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
    can your home city gain xp to level up in a custom battle?
    Gold Rust
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-29-05 11:01 AM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
    yes robert, but you dont get the game on your records.
    Momentary_pause
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-29-05 11:23 AM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
    One evil German player beat me with something like this
    But it was more prolonging the battle, and even though i got to fortress, he beat me with his dopples. But then again i'm pretty rubbish anyways so....

If you have just read this I am sorry to say you have just lost a few seconds of your life you will not be getting back...
    Visit my Merc guide!
    http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,26523,30,10
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames