You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Age 3 Champions Tour #2
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age 3 Champions Tour #2
Artosis
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-05 04:28 PM EDT (US)         
The second tournament of the Age 3 Champions Tour is open for signups. This time around the tournament will be held on Saturday, December 10th at 3:00 PM EST / 12:00 PM PST / 21:00 CET / 20:00 GMT. If you were unable to make it to the first tournament, you are still eligable to play in this one, as well as subsequent tournaments. Check us out at http://age3ct.blogspot.com, Over 100 have signed up already!

The current webpage has been experiancing some down time, so if it is down when you try to sign up, just visit again a bit later. Soon we will move it to a new webpage to solve this issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tour Standings

* 1. Pip 100
* 2. Hope_ 80
* 3. Capoch 70
* 4. JohnDoe 70
* 5. Artosis 60
* 6. Parfait 60
* 7. CReatiVe 60
* 8. SKwizZ_DrAxE 60
* 9. Asgard 50
* 10. I2amses 50

and so on..

http://age3ct.blogspot.com

AuthorReplies:
Randomized
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-05 07:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
the more people the more fun , come on guys sign up!
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 12-07-05 07:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
I'll newsie it .

matty
VIP
posted 12-07-05 07:47 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
Very cool! I miss having Saturdays free for stuff like this. While you guys are having fun playing games I'll be changing stinky diapers and chasing a screaming child.
raaman
posted 12-07-05 07:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
Elpea is going crazy with the news!

;zlskehrt;oaweifalkdjfa;io3
Anuknight
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-05 08:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
I won't be able to make it, but good luck everyone.

(`._.[~Anuknight~ ]._.)
Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-05 08:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
matty u guys should make a page on agecom to keep track of stuff like this...

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • AMSEC
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-07-05 09:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
    Cool stuff.

Just curious though, what were the civs played by the top 10 finishers in the first tourney?

Is that posted anywhere?

raaman
    posted 12-07-05 09:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
    Hmm lets see.... Ottoman, ottoman, ottoman, and oh yes, ottoman.

;zlskehrt;oaweifalkdjfa;io3
    I Let You Go
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-07-05 10:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
    y'know otto did a good boom against me in a ffa today. but then i just smothered him with cuirs (my second french game ever) and he died. but very late game, he was keeping up with my score... anyone know how to otto boom?
    Mokon
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-07-05 10:21 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
    Mostly otto, two france than like a spain and maybe a brit... not totally sure

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • AMSEC
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-08-05 01:38 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
    So an all otto tourney? YAY!!!

Tourneys are great, and the folks who put them together are good people. But whats the point?

90% of the people always play the supposed op civs, and obviously there is something to that op theory...

When is someone going to have a tournament that actually determines who is the best aoe3 player? One where the participants play as each civ against every other civ and victory points are awarded much as this one. It would take quite awhile to complete, but I believe most of the people who play aoe at the tourney level arent going anywhere soon anyway. :P

So, just as an example say pip goes 8-0 as otto, yet only 4-4 as Portugal, but hope goes 7-1 as otto and 6-2 as Portugal etc. throughout the civs, in the end it's obvious hope is the better aoe3 player and can thus be crowned king of aoe 3.

Thats the tournament I want to see.

Make it happen. Someone.

Thanks.

akin
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-08-05 02:44 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
    To I let you go:
    I tried that twice and failed both times. In the second time, I had control of the whole map and I still lost. Jannisaries just cant keep up with those damned horses. You switch them to melee to fight the horses but then some of their horses make it through your ranks and kill your artillery while they artillery keeps firing. Making spahis dont help that much because you can make only 3, or 6 in higher levels.

Keep on the sunny side of life
    ESO:Akin
    pv1979
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-08-05 08:25 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
    @ Matty:

children > computergames

I once had a girlfriend with a little child... Although I also didnn`t like the diapers... them little guy was cool, man!

(I also gave soccertraining to a couple of hyperactive 7 year olds on saterdays..... That was fun :-D.... I can only say: children > computergames.........)

/Undiminished vegetarian/

My favorite comedy sites: www.whitehouse.org; www.comedycentral.com; www.landoverbaptist.org

Good, informative television on the internet: www.democracynow.org... & I`m still listening to www.harrisradio.com

VAL_The_Speaker
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-10-05 04:56 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
    I thought I could bump this thread, considering the tourney is less than 12 hours away.

(-speaker-)
    :unsure:
    Luckyass
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-10-05 05:12 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
    Yeah im really looking forward to it
    Lets hope i dont have to begin against some uberplayer (pip :P)

Hmmm...first map is Bayou
    lets check its stats and determine my strategy

I hope there are many nativerush-friendly maps (but i already saw patagonia, boohooo) , coz im spanish and my only good chance to beat an otto is by nativerushing

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames