(id: lp_usa)
posted 12-08-05 03:39 PM EDT (US)         
AuthorReplies:
Drinian
Savage Norseman
(id: TimmySpok)
posted 12-08-05 03:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
Yeah! i replied first to someting!

There are way too many fansites for AoE3 out there. I didn't even know that one existed.

Dagorhir Battlegames-- A full contact medieval combat battle game

Varangia-- A viking unit in the Aratari chapter of Dagorhir

Winner-- OD Idol 2009

[This message has been edited by TimmySpok (edited 12-08-2005 @ 03:47 PM).]

The_White_Rabbit
Skirmisher
posted 12-08-05 04:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
I do not find in-game whispers to be annoying. What I find annoying is when my brother or friends from across the country log on and want to play with me, but I can't tell because I'm in game. Then, when my game finishes, I can see a few whispers they've left behind to the effect of "well I was waiting for you but got bored, so I'm leaving and/or playing my own game". You can play 'tag' like this all day waiting to play together.

Much better to have me know that they are on, tell them I'm in game and will be done in 5 minutes.

I didn't think that there was a problem with the way this worked on ESO with AoM/T. It is not like you are handing out your name to non-friends who will pester you. Your friends ought to realize that "hey, I'm on, finish up" is enough without bombarding you with whispers.

NightsDelusion
Skirmisher
posted 12-08-05 04:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
I'm glad whispering was removing, it's as vile as smurfing. Who wants to talk to people at convient times. It's blocking my screen and making me lose! Oh noes! The voices!

"Hell is not place you go if you're not a Christian, it's the failure of your life's greatest ambition"
"Put you hands in the air like you've got the heat to you back / And shake your body like a baby, born addicted to crack"
both by Immortal Technique "Leaving the Past"
Flotiball
Skirmisher
posted 12-08-05 07:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
WOW..since when did ES start thinking that their opinion matters? ITS THE COMMUNITY..goodness.

Flotiball - highest rank 2057 Miss you GT_Celica and GT clan!
also known as emeraldazn for AOE/AOK and Hana for AOE3
pv1979
Skirmisher
posted 12-08-05 07:54 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
Good to read all the stuff..... But I have just one message at the moment:

BE RELAXED....... Don`t get neurotic for this or that feature missing........ Yes, I`ve seen the light.... so many beautiful things in the world....... Let all the irritations go.... breathe in life breathe out......

hmmmm....

:-D

It feels lovely...

:-)

/Undiminished vegetarian/

My favorite comedy sites: www.whitehouse.org; www.comedycentral.com; www.landoverbaptist.org

Good, informative television on the internet: www.democracynow.org... & I`m still listening to www.harrisradio.com

ArchNidhogg
Skirmisher
(id: Mouse Overlord)
posted 12-08-05 08:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19       

Quoted from "The_White_Rabbit":

I do not find in-game whispers to be annoying. What I find annoying is when my brother or friends from across the country log on and want to play with me, but I can't tell because I'm in game.

I agree. If people are worried about in-game whispers becoming an annoyance, perhaps ES could put a way to modify your pest list from within the game itself? That way you could pest people who you don't want whispering to you.

The in-game whispers worked fine in AOM though.

The Night Tower
_-~:|Septenary|:~-_
mudhutter1
Skirmisher
posted 12-08-05 08:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19       

Quote:

A) No, of course not ? think how annoying that would be.

Kinda annoying how short Sandy was with this guys questions.

FriedPegasus
Skirmisher
posted 12-08-05 09:13 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       
If they were to put that back in I would hope they would include an option to turn it off because I find being whispered to during a game very annoying.
themckayclan
Skirmisher
posted 12-08-05 10:22 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19       
Seems simple enough...

Allow it to be an option. If you want to hear whispers you turn the option on....if not you turn it off.

Would be a nice "option".

raomckay

ANZAC_FluffyThing
Skirmisher
(id: Aus_Fuzzy)
posted 12-09-05 01:47 AM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
in-game are a necessity, but I disliked the way it was done in AoM, where you needed to type/PERONS NAME Hi howzit?

sometimes when you are halfway through typing that, you suddenly need to micro so you press enter, and then your ally says "like, WTF?" and you say "I was tal-" and then press enter again to micro, and they're like "OMFG" and ur like "so-" and their like "C ya, you wierdo!"

well, no, it's not as bad as that, but it can get quite annoying.

contrary to popular belief, I am not a Fluffy Thing.
HexHammer
Banned
posted 12-09-05 02:19 AM EDT (US)     11 / 19       
Chat from lobby to ingame, was abused in AoT.

Specially in rated games, friends of a weakling would spam the better player, thus flooding the screen with chat spam.

I'm glad ES removed the lobby/ingame chat, though some may be disgruntled, it's overall for the better.

[This message has been edited by HexHammer (edited 12-09-2005 @ 06:55 AM).]

achilleas
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 09:54 AM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
well, if the chat appears in such a HUGE box like the in game chat, it would be really annoying.
arnitald
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 10:27 AM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
God bless Battle.net!

That messages in games are annoying? Why that? I can't think of one situation when your FRIEND will bug you to death with messages, but I can think of thousand situations when he wants to tell you something short and important.

Battle.net solution: Chat tags beginning with a "/".

Some idiot is bugging you?

/ignore idiot

He is nuked and you can continue to play. End of story. That is a professional solution.

[This message has been edited by arnitald (edited 12-09-2005 @ 10:27 AM).]

ES_DeathShrimp
VIP
posted 12-09-05 11:08 AM EDT (US)     14 / 19       
I can tell you the answer about the recorded games question.

In Quick Search there is still a host -- the game just picks one player at random to be the host. If that player had Record Game, then it gets recorded. If that player does not (even if you do) then the game is not recorded. That is why some players say everyone in the game must have Record Game on to record a Quick Search -- that isn't technically true, but it is a good work-around.

Why isn't the game recorded if just one player in the game opts to record it? Well, there are several (many?) players out there who don't want their games recorded. They have developed strategies to win that they don't necessarily want to share (they aren't hiding any cheats or anything -- they just realize that if everyone adopts their strategy then they might not win as much). So there isn't a great solution for QS recorded games unless we make that a search option.

rel4xed
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 11:52 AM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
So the guy who doesnt want the game to be recorded has a 50/50 probability of success if the other guy chooses the rec game option.

hm

Greetings, I'm Synthax.
SirKT 2k+ clan
dnwq
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 01:02 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
Sounds like a great way to make both parties dissatisfied :P
HexHammer
Banned
posted 12-10-05 02:55 AM EDT (US)     17 / 19       

Quoted from dnwq:

Sounds like a great way to make both parties dissatisfied :P

LOL! Perfect way to put it.
Swiffle
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 03:27 AM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
agree with arnitald. There's also /o igw command to ignore whispers from players not on your friends list while you are in game. The biggest reason to not have in-game whispers, is the huge monstrosity known as the chat box. What were they thinking.

the above solution to the recorded games issue is also pretty dumb. Either have it:
If both people have record game selected it gets recorded.
or
If one person has record selected it gets recorded.
but not
One person is chosen at random to decide if the game is recorded. another wtf?

Playing: Poker. Yay.
Retired: Age of Empires 3, Warcraft 3, Guild Wars, Dark Age of Camelot, Age of Empires 2.
HexHammer
Banned
posted 12-10-05 05:45 AM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
It's kinda annoying to put the I337 Hax name on ignore such as llllll111lliI, gstarctil, oiwertasdf ..and such name wiht no obvious meaning.

Ofcause if ES really was good, they made it an option if one allowed Lobby/In Game-chat, be it from only friendlist or everybody.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames