Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Crc mismatch
Bottom
Topic Subject:Crc mismatch
Hockeydude
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 08:35 AM EDT (US)         
I read the other things but im pretty sure i didnt mod anything the only thing is that i tried to install the new update but had to go some where and exited it out when i tried to go this morning it said i already installed it so when i try to play anygame it says crc mismatch can someone help me plz

ps this is for multiplayer

AuthorReplies:
Robokku
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 12:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
I had crc mismatch when playing on LAN against my brother.
I had only aoe3 and the patch #1 with nothing else. (using original cd in both computer).

How I fixed the problem: reinstalled aoe3 and not putting the patch. now it works and i fear that installing patch #2 will modify an important aoe3 file causing crc mismatch to come back.

so my answer: reinstall aoe3 and don't patch it.

and my question: have anyone been able to play LAN with the patch installed? is it only bad luck that patching aoe3 caused me crc mismatch?

LordAvenger
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 01:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I think you both have to patch the game.
Hockeydude
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 12:36 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
i did patch it it says but that thing just comes up is there another place i can manually patch it?
Afro_Dude
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 12:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Are you running aoe3 through a no-cd crack? As far as I know crc mismatch means that the 2 (or more) copies of aoe3 have a diffent no. of bytes installed in their diectories. If u made ANY modifications (even a few bytes) this WILL cause a crc mismatch error. Get rid of any mods and, failing that, uninstall & reinstall the game.

Hope you find this helpful...
Unfortunately no there isn't any site u can download the 1.02 patch off manually. Sry! (not even dis site *shakes fist*)

[This message has been edited by Afro_Dude (edited 12-10-2005 @ 12:59 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames