You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » flame these random french and portugese balance ideas
Bottom
Topic Subject:flame these random french and portugese balance ideas
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 01:46 PM EDT (US)         
French:
- replace their free settler line of cards with something else
- replace the skirms in age 2 card with something else

Portugal:
- add one settler
- discovery age settlers cost -20%
- colonial age settlers cost -10%
- fortress+ age settlers cost normal

AuthorReplies:
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 02:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
The french problem is more in their settler build time than anything else, the coureurs should take 2 more seconds to build so the build rate is in line with the economic bonus.

Portugal needs an extra starting villager and something to destroy bases in age3. Redesigning their HC tech tree to include villager cards would help as well.

[This message has been edited by Doggiedoodle (edited 12-09-2005 @ 02:53 PM).]

gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 12-09-05 02:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
i don't get why portugal don't start with two tc as originally planned.
Gold Rust
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 02:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
Both are wrong. I beleive these tweaks would suffice.

Adding an extra 2 seconds to french villiger train time.

Giving the portuguese either more starting food or another starting villager.

Diceclock
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 02:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Probably because it gave them an insurmountable lead by being able to produce Vils during Age up to Colonial.
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 02:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       

Quote:

i don't get why portugal don't start with two tc as originally planned.

That would be massively OP...
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 03:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
They don't get the extra TC? Dammit...

I've yet to try the Portuguese, but this sounded like their major advantage. Everyone says they're underpowered, so that's not much of an incentive. Those Organ Guns look cool though...

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
EE Talon
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 03:10 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
The organ guns are the one thing that scares me more than anything else. Get about 10 of them, and nothing except culverins can stop them...

Talanos | AoM + AoE3H's former Unofficial Angel
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
FPH MSNIT talon@transalt.com
majpain
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 03:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
2 tc's at start for port would be OP.They need villie cards or crate cards like they get more at start or somethen.
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 12-09-05 04:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
if its op then make there vil rate slower and maybe they have to buy upgrades like ottomans.
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 05:37 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
French villager production time could be slowed down, definately a better option than cutting their villie cards.

As for the Ports, perhaps an extra small food crate at start up would suffice.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
Zeusmeister
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 05:42 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
@insane sheep:
The Portugese need an extra starting settler, not a measly 100 food. An extra villager at the start of the game is worth 200 food easily. Perhaps more.

Quote from WH_demoneyekyo: "I would say u need more thinking playing "Go" then u would playing chess."
tster123
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 07:11 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
2 starting TCs wouldn't be THAT OP. consider that other sivs can send 3 villies and trhen 5 villies.
Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 01:31 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14       

Quote:

The organ guns are the one thing that scares me more than anything else. Get about 10 of them, and nothing except culverins can stop them...

Falconets (which almost everyone builds in fortress age) stop them cold.

There isn't a single need to build a culverin against an port player unless the port player builds culverins himself.

French need one less start villager and a gather rate reduction on the courier.

Ports need far more than 1 starting villager at the start. If that is the only fix that ES gives to them in the next patch i won't even waste time accumalating losses on my record just come to the conclusion that they are still underpowered.

Portugal need free villagers (3 maybe) with each TC they build and 1 or two extra starting villagers. They need a MUCH faster start. 1 extra starting villager isn't going to do it at all

Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 07:37 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
taking away those france cards is only going to hurt their early economy and slow em down... frances eco is strong throughout the entire game.

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames