You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Suggestion to micromanage more effectively?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Suggestion to micromanage more effectively?
AZReDWiNG
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 07:12 PM EDT (US)         
We all know how to use battle groups (assign a group# 1-9, usually 1 for each type of unit). I think it would be nice if we could put units in multiple groups (e.g., a squad of 12 pikes in both groups 1 and 2). Why? This way you can control multiple full armies and not just individual squads, or keep the entire army as one whole and not have faster groups (that need support from other types of units) run away from the rest of the army and get slaughtered, yet at the same time get individual squad control so you don't get pikes going head-to-head with musketeers or something.

Thoughts?

AuthorReplies:
Ceryseth
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 07:16 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Problem with games which had things like this was it was hard to then cancel the groups once set.
lemuri
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 07:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I was annoyed by this too ~ I coulda sworn even in AOE1 you could have units in mult groups. Not hard too reset really, just gets overwritten when hotkey is reassigned, like other games that offer this

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left" -- B Russell
Echoic
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 07:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I've actually wanted something like that for a long time. I would like to put my pikes, horses, and cannons in group 1 so they move together but have them in seperate groups so i can send pikes at horses, horses at skirmishers etc, but it's not currently possible to move together, unless you could moving as 3 groups using 1,2,3 together.

I'd like this change.

MindMeddler
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 02:58 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       

Quote:

I was annoyed by this too ~ I coulda sworn even in AOE1 you could have units in mult groups. Not hard too reset really, just gets overwritten when hotkey is reassigned, like other games that offer this

sounds like ur confusing ES with blizzard again

[This message has been edited by MindMeddler (edited 12-10-2005 @ 02:59 AM).]

SapphirianDragon
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 07:58 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I believe this feature was present in RON, and I liked it a lot. Since I like to keep every type of unit in a different control group it's kinda easy to forget about that particular group of mercs or cannons when moving big armies around.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames