You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.24 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Could use some tips...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Could use some tips...
PowerX
Banned
posted 12-09-05 07:46 PM EDT (US)         
ok, so far i haven't had much success. my build order is

use 6 villis to gather crates.
send all 6 villis to wood
make a few villis wth food from crates
make a mill once i get 400 wood
task all villis to mill
wait until I advance

Then i rush my opponent. usually i just make musks and put 6 villis on mill, and 2 on gold. once i hit the limit on people i put everyone on wood until i have 100 then i make a house then i put them back and then i make more musks and then i will attack and then i will either win the game or lose the game and then if my attack worked i usually have like 15 muks and rush at like 15 minutes and then i go for his town center and then ill ignore everything else and then i can do pretty good.

im only winning like 60% of my games with this, any tips?

AuthorReplies:
Echoic
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 07:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 24       
Is this offline?
Corthalemu
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 07:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 24       
I usually have my vils get crates then 3 go to wood 2 gold and 2 food then i make like two more 1 goes to gold the other to food and that time im going around getting things with my explorer and then i build a coouple houses get resources from crates with cards and the 2 vil card and send one to food other to wood then i bulid trading post build mill and advance then order a group of pikemen

P.S. I do the stuff in different order a lot cuz it just depends if im doing good or not but its something like that.

It might not be very good i dont know.

PowerX
Banned
posted 12-09-05 08:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 24       
no i play online ans i play against real peeples.
majpain
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 08:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 24       
hmmm thats not very good...

depending on how far huntables are send 1 villie to shoot the huntables towards your base while the remainder of the vills gather the crates.Send all villies to gather food from huntables while your making villies.When you get about 13-14 then advance.

If I were to play you with that strat I would be in fortress by the time you made your 10th musketeer.Then again your new and you will get better.

[This message has been edited by majpain (edited 12-09-2005 @ 08:12 PM).]

PowerX
Banned
posted 12-09-05 10:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 24       
ooooooo

so you make 14 vil total? i usaully have 11 at end game

maybe you can play me 1v1 for help. i am IamZac on eso.

majpain
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 10:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24       
we will play tomorrow if you like.It won't be rated.

Edit-I make 14 total in age 1 (discovery)I max out total villies in indust.

[This message has been edited by majpain (edited 12-09-2005 @ 10:22 PM).]

Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 12-09-05 10:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24       
Hmm, something is wrong here...

- NEVER build mills or use berries in the discovery: hunting is twice as fast and dont cost 300 wood.
Ps.: the gather speed of a berry bush is the same of a mill with no upgrades

- what civ. do u play?

- a 15 minute attack IS NOT a rush, if u can send those musk about 7 min before it'll be better

- NEVER stop building settlers, they make the difference.

- 15 musk may be usefull to kill settlers, but not to destroy a TC, if ur enemy call the militia and garrison their settkers, you'll never destroy it.

- Dont put ALL ur settlers in the crates: at last half of them should be hunting. you'll age up earlier like this.

- Try to don't start aging up after the 4:00 min, or u'll be rushed.

- NEVER stop building settlers, they make the difference (i know that i've said it before, but its very important).

- and that history about 11 settlers at the end of the game is true? u need at lest 11 to age up, but after that dont stop training them: i play with ports, so i usually reach Industrial with 70-80 settlers

- EVER, EVER and EVER build outposts near your resources (like silver mines, wood and any huntable thing) if they are far away from the TC, any player will raid settlers without garrison.

And remember -> Hunt is the fastest, berries and non-upgraded mills are the same thing, but mills cost wood.

Gold mines are mUCH BETTER than platations, if ur is over, build an outpostnear another and use it.

Look for other people's strats in the strategy discussions, even that u are not going to paly with some civ, read just to learn (look for TheGoodEvil dutch's strats and Ceres629 portuguese guide: those are very good)

EDIT: Soory, i've really posted before you :P (see the next reply)

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 12-09-2005 @ 10:47 PM).]

Zeeky_Bomb
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 10:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24       
EDIT: Gah! The other dude posted before me

Heres some more stuff:

Never stop making villies. If it's too hard to keep making em, 20 on each resource is enough.

Mills suck. Always use crates first, then hunt. Berries while you get enough wood for a mill, since berries gather as fast as an unupgraded mill. Hunting is always the best, so keep control of the map to maximize use of the herds.

Mills and Plantations should be a last resort!

Sorry if I sound bossy. I do that sometimes.

If you stereotype children as stupid flamers, I hate you, me being thirteen.

"Physical activity is for pansies. Real men play Age of Empires." - Me

You can rearange the letters in "mother in law" to spell "woman hitler".

[This message has been edited by Zeeky_Bomb (edited 12-09-2005 @ 10:43 PM).]

TOAO_Imperial_5
Skirmisher
(id: DDRMAX2)
posted 12-09-05 11:52 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24       
I tend to stay away from having more than one mill nowadays, I always have a mill with a livestock pen next to it with 10 sheep fattening, whenever some of them are ready, I take 4-5 vills off of the mill and gather the food from the sheep, it seems to work really well for me... it does take quite a bit more micro than having 4-5 mills working, but the food comes in a hell of a lot faster

==============
| Imperial_5 |
==============
| Proud Member of TOAO Clan |
| Find me on AoE2HD: TOAO_Fano |
PowerX
Banned
posted 12-10-05 00:00 AM EDT (US)     10 / 24       
i heard that sheep rush worked well vfrom some1 so i made a livestock pen first one game before the mill butthen it cost me more food to make sheep and then the viillagers had to gather food too and i wasnt sure what to do and the othr guy advanced fast but then i was able to get my mill up and stab my eco and then i got my brrack up and then i made a muks and then i made another one.

what do ou mean max out?

[This message has been edited by PowerX (edited 12-10-2005 @ 00:19 AM).]

Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 00:39 AM EDT (US)     11 / 24       
I really don't think you're IamZac. I played against him and he wasn't THAT bad.
majpain
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 00:44 AM EDT (US)     12 / 24       
NightsDelusion
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 00:45 AM EDT (US)     13 / 24       
The baseline max for settlers is 100 for most civs. He means he tries to hit that cap in age 4, Industrial.

"Hell is not place you go if you're not a Christian, it's the failure of your life's greatest ambition"
"Put you hands in the air like you've got the heat to you back / And shake your body like a baby, born addicted to crack"
both by Immortal Technique "Leaving the Past"
RoxUrWorld
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 01:39 AM EDT (US)     14 / 24       
Are you sure you're IamZac? I've seen his recorded game and he doesn't play like what you've described.

Change is inevitable, except in certain vending machines..
PowerX
Banned
posted 12-10-05 10:57 AM EDT (US)     15 / 24       
im perty surre. any1 wan a game to help me? we can play fur ladder if you want too. i jus want help
harr
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 01:12 PM EDT (US)     16 / 24       

Quote:

I really don't think you're IamZac. I played against him and he wasn't THAT bad.

Although the following are IamZac's stats, I think PowerX may be IamZac.
IamZac1937.46French21815972%
"Why?" would be a likely question about my statement, but I'm going to explain the reasoning behind it. PowerX was (or atleast seemed to be) a good player on aom if my memory serves me correctly. I fail to believe that a good player on aom could play as badly as described: if you have played such a similar rts and have some intelligence then you won't play so badly. It seems to me that the most likely option is therefore that PowerX is pretending to be bad. Unless of course someone else is using the same account or something.
DannyBoy17
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 01:17 PM EDT (US)     17 / 24       
IamZac beat me good.
PowerX
Banned
posted 12-10-05 01:18 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24       
r u caling me dumb?
Culverin
Skirmisher
(id: Robert_Squared)
posted 12-10-05 01:36 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24       

Quote:

Yeah, but if you're in third-fourth age and have run out of gold/hunts then you needa centralize your economy. And get eco upgrades. Duh.

Quote:

i heard that sheep rush worked well vfrom some1 so i made a livestock pen first one game before the mill butthen it cost me more food to make sheep and then the viillagers had to gather food too and i wasnt sure what to do and the othr guy advanced fast but then i was able to get my mill up and stab my eco and then i got my brrack up and then i made a muks and then i made another one.

And we all hate run-on sentences. They don't always make sense either. I could tell you said something about sheep here...

Just call me Robert.
My Massgate

[This message has been edited by Robert_Squared (edited 12-10-2005 @ 01:39 PM).]

harr
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 01:54 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24       

Quote:

r u caling me dumb?

If you really tried to rush with sheep then yes.
Miain
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 02:00 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24       

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, but if you're in third-fourth age and have run out of gold/hunts then you needa centralize your economy. And get eco upgrades. Duh.

That is what last resort means

PowerX
Banned
posted 12-10-05 02:07 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24       
sum1 told me that sheep have good atack and since theyonly cost 100 food then they are perty good and you can eat them too if yo need mopre food and sorry ill try and fix my sentences thx for tips every1 cools!
Taufiq Khan
Skirmisher
(id: Shala_T)
posted 12-10-05 03:43 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24       
Then someone lied...

Sheep are just a food source. If you want a general build order,

All settlers to food.
Keep producing settlers till you have 3 on wood and 11 on food.
Advance
After advancing, keep producing settlers till you have about ten on each resource.
Use more settlers to build barracks/stables and make military

^That is a very rough, quick beginner's build order guide.

★★★★★
TOAO_Hairic
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 04:02 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24       
Zac is being silly...

He's using this thread to smurf you all.

kbye

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames