You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Does culverins counter grenadiers and abus gun???
Bottom
Topic Subject:Does culverins counter grenadiers and abus gun???
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 12-09-05 11:12 PM EDT (US)         
It may look like a noob question but..

i know that abus gun and grenadiers are not infantry units (skirmshers don't have bonus against they) but does culverins do 4x more damage to they and falconets 0.5x? Cause when i was attacking a human player with grenadiers he build culverins instead of falconets... well, they have more HP but it doesn't like for me that they are better than falconets...

AuthorReplies:
raaman
posted 12-09-05 11:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
No.

;zlskehrt;oaweifalkdjfa;io3
Gold Rust
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-05 11:25 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
They do better than falcs, but I would instead recomend cavalry to counter both.
FriedPegasus
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 02:54 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
They do not do better than falcs. Falcs get 3X bonus against them because both are infantry + falcs get area damage. Culvs get no bonus against either.
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 12-10-05 08:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
In fact, I dont think that grenadiers and abus gun are infantry, but i'll check in the editor who's better =)

EDIT: Well, i've tested in the editor and they are infantry.

the falcoet (100dmg x3 inf.) caused 300 dmg, and the culverin (40dmg, 4x art.) caused only 40.

And the skirmishers infantry bonus apply to them, but grenadiers have 50% ranged armor (17x2 = 34 - 50% = 17) so the dmg is the base one.

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 12-10-2005 @ 09:00 AM).]

SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 09:02 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
So... exactly what are Grens and Abus? Artillery? Infantry? Both? Another class; Light Artillery?

Someone ought to try out which units get a bonus against them. Crossbows? Skirms? Culverins? Abus?

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames