You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Wall Native Trading Posts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Wall Native Trading Posts
smallscene_com
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 02:21 AM EDT (US)         
I started doing this about two weeks ago and noticed no one else is really doing it, so in case you didn't already know...

You can wall native camps! If you see someone building a native camp in age 1 but you can't stop the explorer from getting it up (since your vills and explorer have no chance of taking an explorer down unless he's already low on health), just start to wall up the trading post and he won't be able to make natives! You can either wall it up a leave a little space so the natives come out but have to destroy the wall (or two...or three!) before they can get out, or you can wall it up perfectly and he wont be able to make any natives at all!

On maps like Sanguey where there's a native camp right next to your town and oftentimes someone will build one right in your face and have the equivalent of a rax right in the middle of your town (or blockhouse if he has advanced trading post!!), you should definitely think about walling it up just to keep it safe. You can always delete it later if you want to build something there. Trying to take down an AP right in your town when it goes up in age 1 is a pain.

Give it a try. It's pretty satisfying to null someone's 250 wood trading post by spending maybe 40 wood on walls. Yeah he can take it down, but it takes a while and really ruins a native rusher's strategy. Have fun with it! I almost always will send a villager over to wall up any trading posts I see. It doesn't take long and it's very frustrating for the native user.

smallscene_com

[This message has been edited by smallscene_com (edited 12-10-2005 @ 02:40 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Zifnab
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 02:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
Did you honestly think this was new information?

"Bonjour, ya cheese eatin surrender monkeys!"
smallscene_com
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 02:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
I haven't seen anyone else do it yet, so it couldn't be THAT popular. It's not like I'm posting "Abus guns are great! Use them in an Otto rush!"
HexHammer
Banned
posted 12-10-05 02:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Zifnab to me it's new info, but I doubt if it's really worth it.
ANZAC_FluffyThing
Skirmisher
(id: Aus_Fuzzy)
posted 12-10-05 02:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
it's new info to me.

it would slow down a native rush sufficiently, but I would have to test it to see if it's worth it.

contrary to popular belief, I am not a Fluffy Thing.
smallscene_com
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 02:59 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
It is definitely worth it. Native rushes can be killer since they come out so quickly. If you can delay it or stop it completely, it will totally ruin the rusher's game. Maybe I'm being rude, but have you played against high-level native rushes? They're pretty intense and I've found walls help immensely.
Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-05 07:39 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
villie walks half way across the map.... he sends native treaty... natives come from tc... villager second wasted.

also he would have more than one natives camp... ur just gunna waste vs

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • DannyBoy17
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-10-05 09:11 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
    It would be a good idea vs Lakota but otherwise, I wouldnt think it would be too worth it. Cool strat tho.
    Grubby
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-10-05 09:20 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
    I read this post earlier today, largely ignored it because it is not unlike walling up a forward in AoC...but tonight I played a 3v3 game with a very agressive Otto player who forwarded with an Outpost, Barracks and TP.... I walled the TP because it was right next to my TC, and my team mates took down the forward....could have been very intersting if he had popped out natives in the middle of my base though.

If you dont have to move far to do it, it is a no brainer at very low cost ...even if he comes from else where with natives, he loses the proximity pressure that having a TP in your base can give.

I really do need a signature that is a little better than this
    I am TOAO_Grub, be unafraid, very unafraid
    fhertlein
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-10-05 09:25 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
    I would rather take the time to build on the site myself.

"The devil and the priest can't exist if one goes away, its just like the battle of the sun and moon, night and day. The force of the devil is what we are told to fear. Watch out for religion when he gets too near."
    "Living in a world of fantasy, I can hide behind what's real."
    "Behind a smile, there's danger and a promise to be told, you'll never get old. Life's fantasy, to be locked away and still to think you're free! So live for today, tomorrow never comes. Die young."
    xentelian
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-10-05 12:52 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
    The enemy may have cheaper wood cost for TP in beginning, and you don't because starting as low-level non-otto player...

Definitely will assist in the French and Otto native anti-rush for novice players. (like me)

MODS: please "sticky" this to assist with OMFG rushing me at 13 min. Just kidding. Take care eh.

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames