You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » ESO2 Screwed and Multi-player Scenarios?
Bottom
Topic Subject:ESO2 Screwed and Multi-player Scenarios?
Sloth_Boy
Skirmisher
posted 01-01-06 09:05 PM EDT (US)         
Ok,

This morning, i logged onto to eso2 and its rooted. It doesnt display any game rooms or chat room in the list, and i cant create my own. Whats going on...

Also,

I'm creating a muliplayer scenario which is turning out pretty good (its kind of like the hero-fest unit pumpout system).

I read that multiplayer scenarios dont work online or something, is this true. Also, if thats false and you can play multiplaer scenarios online, then why hasn't anyone else made any yet?

AuthorReplies:
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 01-01-06 09:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
ESO sometimes lags out, that's why. It's because of Christmas, there are lots of people playing their new game constantly, it will get better once ES's new servers arrive and people start playing less.

You can play custom maps online, however they are not rated, so they're not recorded in your stats (ie. no experience, not counted in your win percentage).

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
Matei
Skirmisher
posted 01-01-06 09:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
You can only play custom random maps, not custom scenarios, unfortunately. There are already several custom random maps out and hopefully there will be a blood map coming soon but I don't know if/when multiplayer scenarios will be supported.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
Sloth_Boy
Skirmisher
posted 01-01-06 10:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
oh my god, the highlight of aoe2 was multiplayer scenarios, why have they scrapped them from aoe3?

This is the most stupid thing by far...

Does anyone know the reason why this is?

Sloth_Boy
Skirmisher
posted 01-01-06 10:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
oh, and the map im making is kind of like a blood map. More lik hero-fest in the way units pump out, but its small scale to reduce lag and stuff. I'm happy with it so far... I really want to play with others online seeing versing the computer isn't very fun when they just sit there and you have to run around trying to get a computer fight another computer...
Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 01-01-06 10:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       

Quote:

oh my god, the highlight of aoe2 was multiplayer scenarios, why have they scrapped them from aoe3?
This is the most stupid thing by far...

Does anyone know the reason why this is?

Time constraints.

Trade off between working on the MP aspect of the game, balance, etc vs implementing multiplayer support for scenarios. ES has said they will be including support for MP scenarios in a future patch.

Also, please use the edit button from now onwards and don't double post.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"

[This message has been edited by KS (edited 01-01-2006 @ 10:39 PM).]

Sloth_Boy
Skirmisher
posted 01-01-06 11:38 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Are there any predictions on when this patch will be released?
akin
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 02:46 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
So, let me get this straight. Can we play blood maps or not?

Keep on the sunny side of life
ESO:Akin
alpine
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 02:48 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
OH MY

No blood games! Augh! Well, maybe all the newbs will stop coming into the wrong games then. :-D

ESO Name: Commodus
Coming soon to a theater near you...
Liquify
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 03:24 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
You can play random maps. (ie. Winter Wonder land.)

You can't play scenarios. (ie. Anything you make with the scenario editor)

You could play a 'blood map' if it was made as a random map, rather than a scenario.

Anyway, screw blood maps, I want to see a 'One Hole Jotenhiem' (sp?). They pwned .

-=» ESO2 name = Liquify «=-
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
"The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it." - George Orwell (1903 - 1950)
Alex898
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 03:47 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
How do you make custom random maps? With the scenario editor or with something else?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames