You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » New maps with the next patch?
Bottom
Topic Subject:New maps with the next patch?
NightOfViolence
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 02:33 PM EDT (US)         
This taken from the players guide that comes with the collectors edition:

Coming Soon!

Andes
A large Inca city dominates the Andes---control the city, and you'll easily control the map. Neutral Huari Strongholds are scattered throughout, presenting challenges for unwary Explorers. Keep your eyes open for the three Trading Post sites. Seek herds of Llamas for an early boost of food

California
In California, sandy beaches to the west give way to rising cliffs and mountains to the east. The winding Trade Route may have three or four Trading Post sites. Expect to encounter Nootka and Inca villages

Northwest Territory
The Pacific Northwest is the home to the Nootka, hardy Native fishermen. Rivers separate teams on this map and provide easily defended choke points. One safe Trade Route for each team provides supplemental income. The land west of the rivers might be a safe place for a second town

Interesting
Sorry if this has been posted already

[This message has been edited by NightOfViolence (edited 01-02-2006 @ 02:35 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 01-02-06 02:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
I'm skeptical of this coming out in a patch. Or the next patch. My bet are these will be in the xpack. They have other issues for the game atm.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 02:40 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Incans in California?

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
NightOfViolence
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 02:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
I dont know much on American geography but Nootka in California? Didnt they come from Alaska or something?
Shizzle
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 02:59 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
and when is this patch coming out? And why the ()*#&()&(*^@($@%&* didnt they release these maps in the original relea... ooh i forgot they were too busy tuning up those graphics which i have toned down allready cos it lags with massive battles..
matt light
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 03:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
that would be pretty sweet...maps completing the 'map' would rock, not to mention having new strategies per map and all.

Quote:

and when is this patch coming out? And why the ()*#&()&(*^@($@%&* didnt they release these maps in the original relea... ooh i forgot they were too busy tuning up those graphics which i have toned down allready cos it lags with massive battles..

And why did you post that? It's not ES's fault that you can't run it...the graphics are top of the line, don't expect them to play beutifully for a while yet.

And.......are what, 15 maps not enough for you?

Join the media team!
FeaR clan
MSN: eiles3@comcast.net | ESO: Mattlight | Skype: Matt_to_da_light | Gamespy: TeHMaTFaCToR
When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 06:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Andes sounds fun. Nootka AND Inca in California? WTF?

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
cHuBbyMoUsE
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 07:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Can anyone direct me to some really good scenarios with cinematics that other players have made?
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 07:14 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Andes sounds good, gets a thumbs up.

California sounds like a mix between Rockies and New England, could be fun.

NWT sounds like Pampas and Amazonia. Plus, Saguenay replaced it, it would be West Coast now, an Archipelago map would be kind of neat.

However, since these maps are all over the Rockies and weren't accessed until well into the colonialisation of the New World, they will likely not be added until the Expansion which will hopefully include the Pacific.

Someone asked if Nootka are from Alaska, they're not. They're a West Coast tribe, I am still puzzled as to why they are in Saguenay. But they would be at home in California, if perhaps only on the northern fringes, traditionally they lived on Vancouver Island and the surrounding mainland.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.

[This message has been edited by Insane Sheep (edited 01-02-2006 @ 07:15 PM).]

Flotiball
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 08:03 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
I seriously remember ES saying.."We're not like other companies where we would announce things and delay it till the next 3 years." They would repeat this statement over and over..well, ES, how about those maps eh?

Flotiball - highest rank 2057 Miss you GT_Celica and GT clan!
also known as emeraldazn for AOE/AOK and Hana for AOE3
Rebel Operations
Skirmisher
posted 01-03-06 00:34 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
The Russians brought some natives down from Alaska to Cali with them. I can't really explain the Inca though.
Shaw DA MAN
Skirmisher
posted 01-03-06 00:59 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Those sound cool i wondered why california wasnt included...

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache
Shizzle
Skirmisher
posted 01-03-06 07:32 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
@matt: when you play huge battles with 120 units each player and you play a 2v2, can you run the game with everything on? I have a pretty good pc but i have to turn bloom off set shadows to low cos it will lag as hell otherwhise. Also when you fight huge sea battles, you NEED to put your settings down. Maybe you have an 3.5 ghz gf 7800gt witth 2000 mb ram but i havent. and no 15 maps arent enough since alot maps look like each other like sonora texas and pampas. Or new england and saguenay, they look alot like eachother.
unlike ANdes, that map sounds like a little bit of variation with the huari strongholds. Or northwest territory with the chokepoints thing. Why didnt they add them in the release??
there is just too few tactical diversity in the current maps.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames