You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » will this run aoe3?
Bottom
Topic Subject:will this run aoe3?
Skidbladnir
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 03:03 PM EDT (US)         
this is my computer specs- should i have problems running things?

256 RAM
Windows XP Service Pack 2
Pentium 4 CPU 1.70 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce2 MX 32 mb grpahics card

AuthorReplies:
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 01-02-06 03:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
Well im not too sure about your graphics card, but you should be able to run aoe3 on minimum at least with everything else you have.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
Wartz
Skirmisher
(id: josephschlimmer)
posted 01-02-06 03:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
add a 256 MB ram stick and a gforce 5500 or better or a ATI 9xxx video card and you'll be able to play on lowest gfx.

ZN: TOAO_Wartz_ | ESO2: Cyrus
Check out The TOAO Clan | My recorded games
"." - TOAO_Creon
Octavian_AGE3H
Skirmisher
(id: Octavian_3009)
posted 01-02-06 03:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
Threads like this one go in the tech forum.
Zargax
Skirmisher
(id: Overlord Zargax)
posted 01-02-06 03:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
Actually, I have what Wartz is reccommending (Geforce 5500, 512MB RAM) and I can put everything on high except for shadows, which I turn off. Shadows make things lag.
Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 04:00 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
lol that's an identical system to the one i was forced to use for the last 3 weeks since i was away from my gaming pc

I had a p4 1.7 ghz and 256mb ram.(my geforce 2mx had 64mb ram)

First thing is you want at least 256mb more ram. I'm not sure if you graphics card will be okay with 32mb ram but it may be.
Even if you put everything on minimum the game is gonna be pretty lag.

PS, if you have any anti-virus software running (especially nortons antivirus) don't even bother playing on line. Antivirus software makes performance EVEN worse.

Short answer is, it will work fairly decently in 1v1s if you have a well maintained PC and UNINSTALL or at least COMPLETELY DISABLE your antivirus software (as in stop it from loading up)

But performance will be sluggish as hell.

[This message has been edited by Ceres629 (edited 01-02-2006 @ 04:02 PM).]

aka99
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 04:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19       
You will need some more RAM and a better graphics card for non sluggish performence. For example i hav 512 RAM, 266 GHZ p4 but an intel intragrated (96mb) graphics card. That holds me bak.
Highland guy
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 04:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
I've got 32mb graphic card and it runs fine on medium settings. I've got lots of RAM though. Really need to update my graphics card
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 04:51 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       
I don't think that card is supported so you may have troubles.
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 04:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19       
Short and simple, no.

I would totally revamp your computer, you have half as much RAM as you should, your CPU is pitiful and your graphics card is ancient.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 05:34 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
i find my pc to be a bit slow in big battles too..

i have 1.5GB ram, 6800 ultra and A64 3500+.

Skidbladnir
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 05:53 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19       
well the problem is im not getting a new computer til im in college and by then im gonna be studying 24/7 and college is a long time away. so im stuck with ol faithful for a few years. i still remember the days when i played WOW and it was so slow on my machine that it took me 10 minutes to cross 100 yards without running into a tree every 5 seconds.
Xjenderfloip
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 06:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
Try AOC or buy 1 gb ram and atleast a 6800 GS.(300 $)or a radeon 9800 pro(will run smooth on low settings), so total would be 200 $.

As for not getting a new comp, i could get a casio from my parents, for a comp i had to WORK, so get you lazy ass up and work for some money instead of getting getting.

Oh and when you did find a job, buy your parents a small present from your first money.

[This message has been edited by Xjenderfloip (edited 01-02-2006 @ 06:56 PM).]

Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 01-02-06 07:09 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
Tell them that you love them... it may help

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Skidbladnir
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 07:56 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19       
1.i cant upgrade my RAM because i still use an old bus port
2.im getting a job this summer but my parents say that i dont need a computer til im in college
3.my parents want me to buy books and edjucational things instead of computers.
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 01-02-06 08:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
1. Buy 512 RAM and a Fx5200 (when u can...) Its cheap and you'll can run it in low-medium graphics

2. Those freaking parents that think that all you have to do in your PC is homework... they're for fun too

The best way is being a good studnet and get good grades.. so you can tell them that you can have some time for fun too

Well... i do this:

Books - I love to read, so i ask those stuff in birthdays, X-tmas... Presents in general...

PC stuff - I buy with my own money... i get it from cool grandmas/grandpas in birthdays and X-tmas, and my father give me 15 Reais (brazilian coin... it must be around 7 dollars)

Try to talk to your parents.. say that you find PC fun too and you like to play some games in free time when you're not studying...

If you are a good son, they'll understand

or won't...

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Zargax
Skirmisher
(id: Overlord Zargax)
posted 01-02-06 08:39 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
God dammmit, I hate how four-year old technology is considered "ancient".
Xjenderfloip
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 09:18 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
1 Sorry skid, i shouldnt have been so fast judging.
2 your parents are smart
3 with less game time and more study time you can buy a new comp every 6 months, since you can get a better job later.
MindMeddler
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 11:36 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
Sorry, but I think you're argument is flawed. In college, computers are used heavily for school work so if you have an old computer, that will lower your productivity. But don't worry. I have a 1.6 Ghz comp and I run it fine. Just get a radeon 9500+ series card. Don't get the GF5 series like some people say because it is a bit slower.

Some people run aoe3 with 256 ram here so I think it's fine. Just don't play WoW with it.

Alkaidia
Skirmisher
posted 01-03-06 03:51 AM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
I could run it on my dad's computer that had a 1.5 ghz pentium m, 512 ram, and a 32 mb radeon 7500. I had absolutely no lag at all so don't listen to he people telling you you need a better graphics card because the only reason that your graphics card is not supported is because it is 32mb. Which doesn't really matter. The 512 mb of ram might be a problem but you should still be able to run it ok if thee aren't to many players in the game.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames