You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.54 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Teammates from... HELL (Post your horror stories here)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Teammates from... HELL (Post your horror stories here)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Botolf
Royal Guard
posted 01-02-06 06:53 PM EDT (US)         
Post your tales of the worst teammates on earth here, whether it be walling in TCs, building sheep armies, getting wood in age 1, etc.

The worst that's happened to me was a teammate not building any military at all.

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
AuthorReplies:
SLEAK
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 06:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 54       
i think it was when my teamate kept rushing with vills. The the ppl just nailed me with armies combined of lancers/mukets and falconets.
Alex898
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 06:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 54       
I'm gonna have alot of fun with this topic! I'm like Seanbaby from EGM, i ALWAYS get the bad teammates on my team. I had a teammate that didn't make ANY extra villigers. He went through the whole game with the 6 or 7 that he started with. -_-
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 07:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 54       
Alex I had that too, not matter how many times I told him to beef up his economy, and even tributed huge amounts of resources, he didn't build many villagers. His HC level was 13 as well, and he even had some wins under his belt. How I have no idea. We actually lasted for a quite a while and managed to fend off 5 or 6 attacks, which scared me. Then they attacked for real (sea attack, one army of artillery, one of cavalry) I guess and we were totally obliterated.

That was probably my worst team mate, but I've usually been pretty lucky and had the bad players on the enemy team, I have far more stories of my enemies advancing at 10 minutes than of allies.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
fhertlein
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 07:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 54       
There are two categories:

People new to the Age series, not understanding the balance between economy and military, who will get better. These people deserve some slack.

People that know the Age series, spend all their time on economy, do not build defenses, then flare the attack in their town, expecting help.

I can tolerate no military(early), if they build defensive structures, and are turtling.

I dislike teammates that take my HC shipments, after they abandon their starting position, and they send settlers to take my shipment.

"The devil and the priest can't exist if one goes away, its just like the battle of the sun and moon, night and day. The force of the devil is what we are told to fear. Watch out for religion when he gets too near."
"Living in a world of fantasy, I can hide behind what's real."
"Behind a smile, there's danger and a promise to be told, you'll never get old. Life's fantasy, to be locked away and still to think you're free! So live for today, tomorrow never comes. Die young."
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 07:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 54       
I nearly did that by accident in my last game (taking the other's shipment), man that would be such an annoying thing to do.

But also, even when people are definately turtling, you need military.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.

[This message has been edited by Insane Sheep (edited 01-02-2006 @ 07:18 PM).]

French_not op
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 07:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 54       
ohhhh boy where shall i start

i had a portugese player that spent the ENTIRE GAME chopping up a tree with i think 20 villagers eventaully he buit 80 but like 70 of them were inactive. he walled himself in so that not even his new-born villagers could get out and made olny 5 pikes in the entire game

there was a dutch player that made 6 banks and sat there. all game doing nothing. yeeaaappp not only did he not tribute but he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING so thats the equvialent of a 3v4

a person that took an hour to get to colonial enuff said

british person that walled half the map in with houses towers barracks and stables. he didnt make any troops and didnt pick up his villagers that spawned at the houses

The Bob
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 07:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 54       
most recent was a frenchy (french civ and irl) who kept asking me if i spoke french and i kept saying no in various languages and at 15/20 mins he was age1 with like 10 mills and 1 coureur on each
Slambert
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 08:27 PM EDT (US)     8 / 54       
When I was playing a deathmatch which of course u build a huge army quik my ally build a wall around his towncenter(really small too) and just sat there and did absolutely nothing and I pretty much got run over since I rushed.
baroque
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 08:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 54       
I had a partner in a 3v3 on Rockies whose contribution to the common defense was a wall. Now, while I'm not much of a wall-builder myself, especially since I play as British, and they really need the wood for other stuff, I'm not totally opposed to the idea of building walls to protect key structures and resources.

However, the wall my teammate built literally divided the map in half from top to bottom. There was no way this guy could possibly defend the whole wall with the meager military he had, and there were several screens worth of empty snow between his base proper and this wall, so if the enemy attacked, they'd probably be through the wall before troops responded anyway. I tried to keep on playing my own game, raiding, booming and pumping out military units while I watched in dismay as my other teammate sent vills to help build our team's future archeological site. My wall-building teammate then instructed me to, "build walls, noob."

Predictably, we lost when the other side sent howitzers, heavy cannon, and rockets to reduce my teammate's masterpiece to rubble in seconds- slowed in their work only by the culverins and jaegers I sent, and then poured through along with heavy cav and musketeers to do likewise to our bases.

[This message has been edited by baroque (edited 01-02-2006 @ 10:00 PM).]

Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 08:58 PM EDT (US)     10 / 54       
Baroque, I faced a team of Ports that did that, only they actually had armies and nearly beat us.

Musket Man
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 09:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 54       
I had a team mate who first thing he did was build a mill and put 1 settler on it. I told him it'd be best to just hunt since it's much faster and he said "OK" and deleted his mill wasting a bunch of wood.

I seem, when i'm not with friends, to always end up with the person that has played 1 game. If there is ever a respectable player in the room I never have him on my team.

I had an Ottoman team mate who built 2 30 person armies the entire game while I was trying to defeat my opponent. He kept his armies in his town until I begged him to attack. He didn't really understand the concept of rebuilding even though his economy was alright. It took him around 15 minutes to make his next 30 person army.

I don't like when my team mate like thinks I can win the whole game on my own just because I am better than him so he waits in his town with his army until I say "Ya you wanna help man?" and he says "Didn't think you needed me"

Grrr...

Always play with friends or team mates you can trust.

Musket Man: Inefficiently fighting crime with a musket since 1565!

(\**/)<-Crown your bunny!
(O.o )
(> < )
Hot Pie
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 09:25 PM EDT (US)     12 / 54       
I had a guy in 2v2 who walled off our side of the map IN DISCOVERY. How he got the wood i have no idea

An Envoy and a Skirmisher walk into a bar...
Skirm: Nice hat.
Envoy: Comes with the job.
Skirm: I want it.
Envoy: You're not getting it * http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,26888,0,10
.:: One day ppl will realise the Dutch havent been nerfed coz TGE is bribing ES with coin from his 8 banks::.
saibod
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 09:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 54       
I had a french team mate once in a 2v2. he was almost wiped out at the 10 min mark so he moved his remaining vills to my base and started farming. Then he started building these crazy walls all over my base, cutting my base itno little sections. Thing was he didnt build any gates so I was trapped in my own base for ages.
Eventually he did build some gates after continually asking him to but the walls were everywhere and my troops would get lost trying to get.
Yes we lost.

The worst allies are the ones that say "gotta go" in the first 5 mins, I mean why even start a game.

Philbo1
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 09:41 PM EDT (US)     14 / 54       
I don't even know where to begin to start... Once I had a teammate who did nothing but pump villagers the entire game then while I was off launching a massive attack and had just basically won the game sent in a massive army of Musketeers to wipe up the few last villagers of our enemies... They just wouldn't resign. And now I declare this thread to not only be teammates from hell but enemies as well. The worst kind is when they just won't resign and simply spread their vills randomly around the map after researching vcarious vill upgrades so they had 500 HP (They were French) And building outposts and barracks randomly so that eventually I would just resign to get it over with. I didn't and spread my Skirms out all over the map, getting LoS on every sing inch of it.

The RoL forum colors make me sooo hungry.
-Unit Costs for 5-Philbo1-Explorer Micro-
B_E looks like a demented evil smiley.-Botolf

Stonewall Pwns
Musket Man
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 09:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 54       
I had an enemy who was being a loser the whole game and was saying how much he would beat us if he used his precious French HC instead of his Russian one. Finally his ally had connection problems but he refused to vote on her and said "I will just wait on AOL you little noobz til you have to go! I haaaave alllll day." His name was Mini_Me_... I really hated him.

(O.o )
(> < )
Hail the fatness
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 09:57 PM EDT (US)     16 / 54       
I had one person on my team who was just horrible. It was almost 20 minutes into the game and he didnt have an army or a barracks, or even over 20 villagers. I told him to make an army, and guess what he made? minutemen. I told this guy to make an army so he called for minutemen.
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 10:32 PM EDT (US)     17 / 54       
HtF, best. mess-up. ever. That's just brilliant.

rippy
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 10:56 PM EDT (US)     18 / 54       
That makes me wanna try making a line of Field Hospitals headed to the enemy base, and send minutemen down them o_O Do they heal at the normal rate when the units are moving? Or do they even heal minutemen?

"Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and you warm him for the rest of his life." -Chinese proverb

"If MacGyver and Jack Bauer were in a fight, Chuck Norris would win."

Grommash
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 11:06 PM EDT (US)     19 / 54       
Once I played a 2v2 game with a british ally(I was playing with the dutch back then).The game lasted long because my enemies were booming/turtling.When everyone hit industrial/imperial,all my ally had was:

-8 grenadiers (4 from shipment,4 from aging up)
-6 longbowman from colonial age shipment
-12 settlers(6 from manor houses,he didn't make any)

heirware
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 11:28 PM EDT (US)     20 / 54       
you guys have had worse. However, I once had a 3vs3 on Carolina. I was getting a big treasure(hit, run away, hit, run away etc.), when he comes in and trys to take it. I got there first, and he got all angry. Later in the game, I repeatedly ask him some questions(I forgot, but he did something wrong, like have no military at colonial-fortress). His response? build walls. he walled me in, and I couldnt do a thing. Bastard. I resigned and they lost. Damn straight.

I also had a stupid newb ally. he had a couple of idle villies, and I told him that. he responded by putting his 6 beginning villies into groups. 2 on wood, 2 on gold, 2 on food. I told him to collect food, not the others right now. His response? Build a mill. I say mills arent good early game, you should hunt(there was a herd next to his tc), and he says 'Mills are great if you research techs for them' -_-... -_-...

Later on, he was the last to age. I semi-fast fortressed, and built a forward base. I kept keeping the pressure on the enemy, but he eventually overwhelmed me. I said to my ally, why arent you making a military(this was about 15 mins into the game), and he said 'because you told me to collect food'

Needless to say.... We lost -_-

Rightio. As this is the signature(which in turn will be put in the bottom of every post), this message is important. Very much so. Yes. Crazy in fact. Oh yes, this is a game forum, so heres my 'Game' id - Monarch. Rather Dashing no? Signatures also must not be too lon-
Musket Man
Skirmisher
posted 01-03-06 01:23 AM EDT (US)     21 / 54       
^I'd say that takes the cake for being the worse team mate ever.

(O.o )
(> < )
Mausgueck
Skirmisher
posted 01-03-06 02:27 AM EDT (US)     22 / 54       
I have another one ... first my teammate took 1,5 min to decide what to do with his villies (found out in replay) ... then the usual no villies tiny army crap ... but he took all 3 native tradeposts on amazonia (of course without using them). The enemy wasn't that good so I figured I could overrun one of them if I had those natives (I was near pop max) ... when I asked him to give me the natives he told me that he doesn't speak english OO

The next minutes I struggled to explain him what I wanted ... he never understood ... when the enemy finally came rolling in I let him alone with his 12 pikes ... I was so not ZEN.

akin
Skirmisher
posted 01-03-06 02:41 AM EDT (US)     23 / 54       
In a normal supr game I had this ally and he was not making any military though his ec was not that bad. I was fighthing against both enemies in one of the enemies town and I kept telling him to make an army or we would lose, I said "dude, I am fighting both of them". He in return says "GOOD FOR YOU".
After a while the enemy lost because I had rushed one of them too early for his taste and he tried to kill my skirms with villagers and his ally was sick of him so he resigned.
In a DM game (the only one I lost out of 5 DM games), I started as usual, rushing. My ally not only did not make any army but he kept sending taunts 17, 21, 11, 25, all the time and he would not stop. I told him to shut the f up and make some army, but there was no hope.

Keep on the sunny side of life
ESO:Akin

[This message has been edited by akin (edited 01-03-2006 @ 02:42 AM).]

TheUnknown3dfx
Skirmisher
posted 01-03-06 03:21 AM EDT (US)     24 / 54       
Where do I start...

The one that most upset me was in Death Match 3v3, someone called Samantha, he/she just sut there and did nothing, absolutly nothing, eventually I asked to help in the attack, that if he would help we would win, what did he do? Send the explorer and the villies he had since the begining of the game to attack telling me, "Don't worry, I know wat I am doing", once they where gone he resign leaving us sold, obviously we lost.

Swirl
Skirmisher
posted 01-03-06 03:58 AM EDT (US)     25 / 54       
I had a 2v2 game against these guys in a clan and i was just with some random guy.

They wer Otto and Dutch. The game was really good for the most part and i managed to hold of about 4 attacks until they decided to attack together. So they did with lots of cannons and skirms and ruyters. Eventually my fort fell after a good battle and i couldnt hold them of (god know wat my ally was doing but he wasnt helping thats for sure). So they get into my base and the enemy (transformerman) says "well u f**king suck!" So after a huge battle he ruins the whole game by being a dickhead. So as u might expect we eventually lose. After the game he is still saying im crap and i was just saying "well it was 2v1 dick". So he says fine 1v1 and ill own u (this was the Otto guy)

I accept and we have a game. I was expecting a rush so i get some skirms asap (i was dutch). About 10 mins intot he game he sends 5 jans... LOL. I kill them then send my skirms over to his base to kill some vils and he has nothing so he must of pulled out his internet wire and i choose to drop him.

Sorry for ranting on but it pissed me off that he insults me for no reason after a good game even though it was unfair...2v1

And if u read this transformerman i would like to say i hate u and YES i am better than u, u dick

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames