Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » New Player Here
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Player Here
dpoc
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 10:25 PM EDT (US)         
Hello all, I just wanted to warn you in advanced that if I post in the wrong palce or if I say/ask anythign that sounds retarted, please forgive me since i'm a newer player at this game.

I got AOE 3 for X-mas and i've been playing it alot since then. I haven't played an online game, only over LAN against my brother and dad and single-player skirmishes to get a feel for the game and to get better micro skills.

So my questions to you guys is basically, what do you beileve is the best civilization for a noob to play with.? I can beat the computer on hard mode consistantly, but that isn't saying much since many people tell me the AI in this game is uber retarted. I've been experimenting with the French and Russians lately. Russians seem kind of week but I am really liking the french. They seem to get out to a slow start but later in the game, around the 3rd age, they are a real power house.

Anyways, just wanted to get an opinion from better players on what a good civ for a noob would be.

AuthorReplies:
Philbo1
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 10:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Well, France is the best civ for a noob, but there are already to many France players out there, so I would go with Britain or say, Germany. You did not say anything particularly retarded, except for misspell retarded . But seriously, have you played any other Age games? Have you played the Tutorial?

The RoL forum colors make me sooo hungry.
-Unit Costs for 5-Philbo1-Explorer Micro-
B_E looks like a demented evil smiley.-Botolf

Stonewall Pwns
dpoc
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 10:36 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Philbo: I have indeed played AOM and AOK, but I never really got into those games seriously. I'm not a noob to RTS's by all means, and I have completed the tutorial/most of the campaign mode. Its just I know the online multiplayer world is far more skill intensive and different than the single player world is.

So, I guess i'm not a total noob, i'd probably be around intermediate on the scale of goodness. But I still dont feel like im ready for real online play.

aka99
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 10:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
WOW.. you can beat comp in Hard... I can't do that. Maybe once or twice I can but normally I can't, but i do play online and well in that cuetech ladder im like 7130... out of over 50000

->> I truly feel srry for NACHO. I hope he is having fun at least.

dpoc
Skirmisher
posted 01-02-06 10:58 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
AKA whenever ip lay the computer with hard its usually with my dad and theres 2 other computers, so that may be why

EDIT: Is there a quote button on these forums?

[This message has been edited by dpoc (edited 01-02-2006 @ 10:59 PM).]

COLOSSUS_91
Banned
posted 01-02-06 11:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Use the quote tags. [q][/q]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames