You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » What is this crap?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What is this crap?
rel4xed
Skirmisher
posted 01-12-06 01:41 PM EDT (US)         

My friends and I decided to play a 3vs3, and long story short, 16 mins into the game one player disconnects (we were winning). Another player of the other team simply leaves, but the last guy decides not to vote. So we are stuck on the drop screen.

Didnt they fix this in 1.03? second time it happens to me. ANNOYING.

Greetings, I'm Synthax.
SirKT 2k+ clan
AuthorReplies:
WH_demoneyekyo
Skirmisher
posted 01-12-06 01:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       

Quote:

Didnt they fix this in 1.03? second time it happens to me. ANNOYING.

no, they only fix the "freeze" bug AFTER a player is dropped. the dropping bug is yet to be fixed.

Stop spamming! No one care about ur damn post count!
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 01-12-06 01:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
u think thats annoying i played a game where there were 5ppl left. a drop screen came up so we dropped the guy the game was still a stil screen. the drop screen comes up so we have to drop another guy but sadly the guy we had choose to drop was on the screen as drop and he got a vote. so no one could get of.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
baroque
Skirmisher
posted 01-12-06 05:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
I think it would be nice if the Drop Player screen did not require unanimous drop votes in order to drop a player. In any team game, the Drop Player voting has the unfortunate dynamic of pitting the sides against each other- obviously, the side with an unresponsive player is going to be extremely hesitant to drop a player, as when play resumes, that side is going to be at a serious disadvantage.

In most games I've played, luckily, both sides understand that if an unresponsive player does not return within a minute, that player is gone for good, and that while the situation stinks, it's best to drop the player and continue the game. I think there has to be a way to drop an unresponsive player in the case of a holdout, however- inevitably, there are people who prefer to spoil a game rather than lose. Maybe if there were a majority of drop votes, or an all-but-one to drop situation, a timer could start, and would automatically kick the unresponsive player after a reasonable period, say 120 seconds. In my experience, if a player has been unresponsive in a game for more than 30 seconds, that player is not returning.

Jiggy
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-06 05:31 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Yeah, I agree totally with the automatic kicking, although I would be willing to wait a little longer, like say 3-5 minutes total, 2 is a little short. Although I do admit that USUALLY if they don't come back within one minute they never do, and need to be dropped.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames