You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Things Overlooked in the Patch Ideas/ Imbalance Complaints
Bottom
Topic Subject:Things Overlooked in the Patch Ideas/ Imbalance Complaints
Bobby the 2nd
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-06 04:41 AM EDT (US)         
People are always whining "otto are op" "french are op" "portugal is weak" blah de blah de blah de blah de BLAH

Well somethings that might need to be corrected in the next patch or two are:

Uhlans are UP (i mean, a bit cheaper than hussar, 100 less hp, 7 more attack)
Organ guns need a slight increase in power
Some cards/ unique techs might need to be changed (ie code napoleon for french hardly affects it, +50% building cost, all for a measly +10% gather rate, which is hardly noticed as french.

Settler wagons need to be changed, they gather at 1.75 times the rate of settlers, and take up 2 pop slots and cost 200 resources, rather than the settlers 1 and 100.
(This I know, I have observed settler wagons, settlers and courers at crates. Settlers gather 20, coureurs 25, and settler wagons 37.5)

Native scout/ treasure guardian xp needs to be changed. You get 14 xp for killing a native scout, and only 9 xp for killing an outlaw rifleman. A native scout has 120hp, 10% ranged resist, 5 attack, 5.5 speed, an Outlaw rifleman has 240 hp, 30 ranged attack, 30% ranged resistance, and you get more xp for the native scout.

Cav archers need a slight improvement (ie maybe a little more attack, or higher bonus vs cavalry)

The Ruyter artillery bonus is basically pointless, it only affects ranged attack, and as we all know, artillery have 75% ranged resistance. If it affected melee attack aswell, there would be no problems.

Culverins. Culverins have a high bonus vs artillery and ships, 4x and 4x, which implies that they are the units to use them against. Well falconets have a bonus vs ships so that negates the culverin use, and the culverins have poor attack, and the artillery bonus is useful, but I would rather have a falconet than culverin.

Culverins should have improved attack +bonus vs ships or maybe artillery, and falc bonus vs ships should be decreased. All through history, culverins have been used against ships and artillery. Coastal towns always had culverins in their percussion locks and cannon towers, and most ships that spring to mind (20, 30, 50, 70, 100, 120 gunner, privateer, most merchantmen, and some pirates) always had culverins. To me this implies that : They are good vs ships, they are cheap, or quick to build to be so widely produced, or they fire fast, or they are uber powerful, or they are very light and so move quickly.

Either way something about them had to be good, and I feel that this just doesn't show up in the game.

These are my ideas, everyone else please post all of your ideas you think have been OVERLOOKED (PLEASE, only the ones that have been overlooked, NO1 WANTS TO HEAR THAT FRENCH ARE OP, WE ALREADY KNOW)

Also please tell me what you think.

Cheers

AuthorReplies:
tster123
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-06 07:43 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       

Quote:

Uhlans are UP (i mean, a bit cheaper than hussar, 100 less hp, 7 more attack
Organ guns need a slight increase in power

you get them for free and they are very affective in larger groups.

Quote:

Some cards/ unique techs might need to be changed (ie code napoleon for french hardly affects it, +50% building cost, all for a measly +10% gather rate, which is hardly noticed as french.

use it later in the game when you aren't going to be building that many more buildings, +10% gather rate on everything is huge.

Quote:

Settler wagons need to be changed, they gather at 1.75 times the rate of settlers, and take up 2 pop slots and cost 200 resources, rather than the settlers 1 and 100.
(This I know, I have observed settler wagons, settlers and courers at crates. Settlers gather 20, coureurs 25, and settler wagons 37.5)

rates might be like that but for other forms or resource gathering they are in fact 2x better. (BTW, 37.5 is actually 1.875 the rate of 20)

Quote:

Native scout/ treasure guardian xp needs to be changed. You get 14 xp for killing a native scout, and only 9 xp for killing an outlaw rifleman. A native scout has 120hp, 10% ranged resist, 5 attack, 5.5 speed, an Outlaw rifleman has 240 hp, 30 ranged attack, 30% ranged resistance, and you get more xp for the native scout.

native scout is human conrolled and can go anywehere on the map. treasure gaurdians are gaia controlled, cannot go very far, and your exporer can kill them in 1 shot in discovery age. fine as it is.

Quote:

Cav archers need a slight improvement (ie maybe a little more attack, or higher bonus vs cavalry)

are you joking? cav archers completely own. they are an extremely strong cav counter.

Quote:

The Ruyter artillery bonus is basically pointless, it only affects ranged attack, and as we all know, artillery have 75% ranged resistance. If it affected melee attack aswell, there would be no problems.

well, try and kill artillary with ruyters without the bonus.... it just gives the dutch more possabilities, something they need. and yes, ruyters can be used to kill artillary even though most ranged cav go down hard to it.

Quote:

Culverins. Culverins have a high bonus vs artillery and ships, 4x and 4x, which implies that they are the units to use them against. Well falconets have a bonus vs ships so that negates the culverin use, and the culverins have poor attack, and the artillery bonus is useful, but I would rather have a falconet than culverin.<edit>..... blah blah blah.... culverins where used historically </edit>
Either way something about them had to be good, and I feel that this just doesn't show up in the game.

they are good against artillary. they are good against ships. what more do you want? if you decide not to build a single culverin, that is your own mistake and if you would build only falconets instead of some falcs and some culverins to counter an army with lots of cannons you must be a noob.

Bobby the 2nd
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-06 05:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
no way. culverins hit 160 damage vs ships with the bonus....... falconets hit like 300. Culverins are only good vs artillery, and i feel they need improved attack.

Uhlans ARE U.P. In the course of an entire game (not counting imperial age, you would get maybe 13 Uhlans for free. As a german player myself, Uhlans go down the shitter at an extroadinary rate of knots.

I find code napoleon an noticeable, but not greatly affecting gameplay (ie i mean the resource bonuses) bonus late game playing as french, I have a good economy, and can keep the enemy fairly busy while I amass large amounts of resources.

Ok so the settler wagon gathers at 1.875 rather than 1.75. my apologies.

The fact remains, native scouts are rendered almost useless after colonial.

Cav archers have good hp, but only hit like 14 damage, and 33 vs cavalry (give or take, bonus is 2.3x),and they travel at the same speed as a hussar.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames