You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Can you play the percentages on unit upgrades?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Can you play the percentages on unit upgrades?
custardwar
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-06 06:13 AM EDT (US)         
I've been wondering for a while but being a noob can't work out how to test this.

For example if Brit "thin red line" tech reducess speed by say 20% but the advanced armoury "military drummers" adds 20% it would be better to do the armoury then church techs, getting faster units.

This could be the case with cumulative speed/attack bonuses too. Can any one shed any light on this for me?

AuthorReplies:
polydeuces
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-06 06:33 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
All % bonuses are set using the base stats for a unit. so it doesn't matter which way round you research them. Redcoats will have the same speed (3.80) whether you research millitary drummers before or after thin red line.

Millitary drummers isn't quite 20% as it doesn't take their speed back up to 4. its still worthwhile to research both though.

hope that helps

nidhog_slayer
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-06 06:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
it alwasy counts the + and- percentages from it starting. if u will get the techs u said above the speed wont get affected
Sjappo
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-06 06:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Either way, it wouldn's work anyway.
-20% speed amounts to speed*0.8.
+20% speed amounts to speed*1.2.

So is you take the bonus or the penalty first it works out to speed*1.2*0.8 or speed*0.8*1.2 which is basically the same.

custardwar
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-06 06:47 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
The idea would have worked if the %s were different but that's obviously not how the game does it. Cheers guys. At least I can bin that idea now!

[This message has been edited by custardwar (edited 01-13-2006 @ 06:51 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames