Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.49 replies, Closed
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Portugese are OP
Bottom
Topic Subject:Portugese are OP
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
MrKnight
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 05:19 PM EDT (US)         
I am former noob, who got much better and so, starting goofin' around with other civs to see which was better. then all of a sudden i realised something i didnt about portugal, and it is the key to 'surviving' with them. Am i going to tell you!?!? no way, i gotta win with it . ive only tried it more than a handful full of times but won so easily against other civs i couldn't beleive it. so I'm under the impression that portugese are unbeleivably good, but of course this can only be proven through time (and maybe if it actually is true i will share, but of course that is only if i can learn the intense micro i beleive is necissary to play with this civ on an expert lvl), but hopefully MrKnight was right. .
AuthorReplies:
Morningthaw
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 08:12 PM EDT (US)     26 / 49       
MrKnight, this is VERY easy to solve. tell us your ESO id, until then, your just talking crap. i could come here and say i have a way of beating the german ff 100% everytime, even if you mess up a bit, absolutly no way for german to stop it, but if i dont say my ESO id and give a rough outline of the strat then i'm just talking shit, like you.
Senor Bobbers
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 08:43 PM EDT (US)     27 / 49       

Quote:

Ceres ceres...its a shame how ppl blabber with so much emotion when they dont understand. Ignorance is stupidity not bliss. Your guide sucked, because you didn't even understand one of the most important things about the Portugese. And that demo, that guy who rushed you was horrible, you dont speed to idustrial for heavy cannons, and you would have known how to properly defend yourself if you were not so ignorant...So how can I be upset? btw, I usually enjoy what you say on posts. but jeez, all the hate, where's the Love, "Where is the Looooove"

You killed the love. Now I don't respect your diss on Ceres, even though I'm a person that speculates on things with a "hard-on attitude" and suspect people as dults for discovering "grand things", but I consider Ceres an intellectual. I might not have read his Port guide, but I don't need to to ascertain that Ceres knows what he's talking about. (I don't say this about many people ) The only real "secret" that I'd call a "secret" to using the Portuguese is their multiple town centers. Maybe its best we stop posting as to not encourage this guy's bashing?

Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 00:04 AM EDT (US)     28 / 49       
Just a player I can't belive you don't know that french are UP I mean the cuirs cost too much for french villagers and they take too much pop space. mabye if the french had more pop open to them they could make more but I mean common they are so UP!

^^^^^Don't you see MrKnight? thats what you sound like ^^^^^^

You said yourself that you only have only tested it a few times So that proves you didn't find any strat or if it does work then it's just so off the wall people don't catch it and soon people will catch on and it will be a UP strat too

Agarwaen
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 00:06 AM EDT (US)     29 / 49       
Dude I totally just discovered the meaning of life... but I can't tell you.
MagicStretch
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 00:14 AM EDT (US)     30 / 49       
Ok, the first post was funny, now it's just old. Stop acting like you actually think ports are somewhere near decent.
Zhadow
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 00:21 AM EDT (US)     31 / 49       
Ports are barely OP if ur playing against a sandbox AI
Thanatos
Skirmisher
(id: deathmaster666)
posted 02-03-06 11:31 AM EDT (US)     32 / 49       
Come on Mr knight, do tell me your ESO name.
I really can't wait to be pwned by teh uber 1337 Portugese.

[scary voice] Mr Knight, come out and play[/scary voice]

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
somme
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 04:36 PM EDT (US)     33 / 49       
Not too bad, maybe. OP? You're on drugs. Come give me a game and show me your uberness.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe

[This message has been edited by somme (edited 02-03-2006 @ 05:14 PM).]

Mark_Aurel
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 04:45 PM EDT (US)     34 / 49       
I am former noob

I think your thread would begin better if your first sentence started like that. Oh, and adding an 'a' would be a great improvement too.

<Witty signature goes here.>
Toucanater
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 11:27 PM EDT (US)     35 / 49       
if you have this "super-strat" tell us what it is!

Oh, and by the way, the only way to win with ottomans is to flatline yourself at 25 villies, and then rush with your villies, cuz then u get free ones back, duhh (this is what u sound like) just tell us your#@^%^$% strat, or if you are lieing then stop!

Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 02-04-06 05:32 PM EDT (US)     36 / 49       

Quote:

Ceres ceres...its a shame how ppl blabber with so much emotion when they dont understand. Ignorance is stupidity not bliss. Your guide sucked, because you didn't even understand one of the most important things about the Portugese. And that demo, that guy who rushed you was horrible, you dont speed to idustrial for heavy cannons, and you would have known how to properly defend yourself if you were not so ignorant...So how can I be upset? btw, I usually enjoy what you say on posts. but jeez, all the hate, where's the Love, "Where is the Looooove"

OMFG!!!! You have hurt Ceres' feelings!!!!

Sorry to tell you, but now every single "Portuguese players and Anti-OP civ forumers" will spam every topic of yours, hack your e-mail and curse you with voodoo!

You have broken the first Age 3 HG Foruns rule: Never hurt a Moderator, TGE or Ceres feelings...

And now I'm sure this is a spam topic!!! i mean... its a really spam topic!!! not a n00b that does not know nothing about the game... but a spam topic!!! This guy must be PowerX friend or something...

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Matapatos
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-06 06:43 PM EDT (US)     37 / 49       
He is:

A- A portuguese kid who is pissed of because ES made his nation up in the game.
B- A n00b who needs atention.

"STUPID N00B!!! I told you to atack his Hussars with your Dragoons, not your Cannons!!"

*n00b looses 20 falconets to a few hussars.

Novoa20
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-06 07:08 PM EDT (US)     38 / 49       
Or

C- All of the above.

somme
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-06 07:22 PM EDT (US)     39 / 49       
I think I figured out his strat. But I'm not gonna say.

But I did figure out how to cost effectively beat French cav with strelets. But I'm not gonna say.

What's more I know how to beat abus guns with muskets (it involves a sheep meatshield) but I'm not gonna go into details. This guy has said stuff and refused to back it up.

This is his first ever post I believe and he is trolling/spamming moderators please lock it.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
flying_red_hippo
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-06 08:39 PM EDT (US)     40 / 49       
Maybe his purpose is that somone in ES reads this (if he spams it across enough forums) and then thinks they need to be toned down so he can keep owning them with his otto rush/ cur spam/ lancer/ brit boom...

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.-Dune
Data: Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.~
Even if you do go into a coma, you can still keep posting to Usenet -- everyone else does.

La Mia Stupido Cosa

King_Ali_Skahir
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-06 09:47 PM EDT (US)     41 / 49       
OMG, I gave my cousin the address to this forum,

he said : why would i want to come here?

I said: Don't you wanna have a good laugh?

HAHAHA (he cracked up just when he read the title.)

Oh yes, I use my extra Manor house-spawned villagers to overpower the French villagers, since everyone knows the British villager is the strongest of the game, (they become almost an OP unit when they spill boiling hot tea on the poor defensless Coreur des bois.

Please give me your opinion on the Fall Of Mankind!!! Ultimate Zidane Video

Glory To the revolution!!!

O=[[[[[[[]]]]]]]=-------,
Get Hooked

[This message has been edited by King_Ali_Skahir (edited 02-04-2006 @ 10:00 PM).]

Yamato Take
Prince of Tennis
posted 02-04-06 09:58 PM EDT (US)     42 / 49       
Ok so now we have British, French, Ottoman, German, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian as OP. Japanese, Chinese, Mughals, Italian, Swedish, and Polish from the X-pack need to hurridly be called OP before they even come out as official.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
Culverin
Skirmisher
(id: Robert_Squared)
posted 02-04-06 10:49 PM EDT (US)     43 / 49       
This is the funniest thread in existence.

Let's all ponder the OPness of ports, shall we?

Just call me Robert.
My Massgate
Yamato Take
Prince of Tennis
posted 02-04-06 11:19 PM EDT (US)     44 / 49       
Mr Knight, could you say exactly why the Ports are OP. [w]plus you misspelled Portuguese, and your introductory paragraph. It should look like this:

I am a noob that doesn't know what he's talking about and has quickly ruined his entire reputation of Heaven Games Forums.

How did you get a paid e-mail account anyway. I'd say you're a 10 year old noob that sucks at spelling.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 02-05-06 08:45 AM EDT (US)     45 / 49       
This is a copy of a previous reply of mine... talking about the Uber OP Portuguese Deck

THE WORST BEST PORTUGUESE CARDS!

• 10th Place:

TEAM Brazilian wood

OMFG!! 1000 wood to crates all your teammates!!! And in Industrial!!!

You can build a Plantation with it!!! Really, it is sooooo good!!!!

Send it twice and you can research Bestieros!!!

• 9th Place:

Bestieros

Tough its not a card by itself, this card tech deserve his own place in the Ranking!!! What should I spend my money??? 22 Guard croosbowman or 11 Black Riders??? *Click in the croosbowman*

Look, a Cannon!!!

*OWNED*

• 8th Place:

Cheap Outposts

WOW! That card is amazing!!! Nothing better than reduce your 7 outposts price by 75 wood!!! Oh, look, and it is a TEAM card! Nothin can be better than have 30 Janissaries at your base and your ally suddenly ships this card! I can almost hear the Otto rusher screaming:

"Oh, no! He got cheap outposts! Run away!!! Lets send our cheap Trading Posts to counter it!!!

Next time, Ship 700 wood and build a barracks looser!

• 7th Place:

Gunpowder units HP/Damage/Combat

OMG!

That card is soooooooo OPPPPP!!! I mean, while all civs get those cards in Colonial and Fortress, Portugal get them in Industrial!! Really man... if yuo can survive until Industrial, send the 2 Factories, 2 Heavy Cannons, the 2 Mortars, 7 Dragoons, 16 Musketeer, 11 Cassadores, 8 Halberdiers and 4 Organ Guns, those cards are the BEST CHOICE

• 6th Place:

TEAM SUPER WALLS (or whatever it is called)

IT OWNS!!! PWNED!!!
    Waht can be better than adding + 1500 HP to your Walls???
    Thats almost 5 seconds longer against some Mortars!!

No, really, nothing can be better when your enemy try to destroy it with Culverins...

The only problem of AGE 3 is that the enemy units can shot trought the walls... I mean... why destroy it if you can Bombard all his base with Mortars???

Well... it works against a sheep rush... if you are fast o.0

• 5th Place:

Early Dragoons

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!

Dragoons in the colonial!!! Who will let gone the chance of spend 900 food and 900 gold in 10 dragoons at Colonial!!!

Oh, man, really, It is almost as good as FF!!!

Have you ever tried a Dragoon Rush??? Just don't try against French... that F***ing coureur destroied all my army!

Well... they can do pretty weel against Colonial Cavalry Archers (wich, BTW, requires early Dragoons card)

• 4th Place:

White Fleet

This card is the S***

Spam Fishing Boats!!! No, really, 12 or 16 Fishing boats in Industrial!! The only problem is to find some fish in the sea...

BUT they are soooooo many!!! I have almost destroied a Canoe with them!!

Thats the best card of the game when your enemy don't build a caravel and you make a 10 min. Fast Industrial!!

• 3rd Place:

Bandeidiots

OWNED!!!! HEADSHOT!!!! MO-MO-MO-MONSTER KILL!!!

This card ROX!! Wow!!! You can tame all the treasures of the map with them... the problem is that aren't much treasures at Industrial...

But think... You can build TCs 3x faster with them!!!
    MORE TCs!!! And kill 3 enemies with a shot!!! OMFG! that is less 3 Imperial Ruyters in a small army of 150!!!

• 2nd Place:

2 Covered Wagons

I'm without words... I mean, I's unbelivable what 2 covered wagons can do! I swear I've defeated an horde of 40 Cuirassiers with them!! And even better!! They can build... TCs!
    WOW!!! 6 Tcs Spaming settlers in Industrial!!! Maybe if ES change the settler limit to 150 people will realize how good it is...

• 1st Place:

2 Extra TC Build Limit (I don't even know the name)

PWNED!!!! IT ROX!!!! WHAT CAN BE BETTER THAN HAVE 6 TCs IN INDUSTRIAL!!! SPAM TCs AT YOUR ENEMY!! SPAM!!!

OMFG!!! WTF!!! You can send more 12 Minutmen!! I can see those cuirassier running:

"Run!!! He got Evil TCs with 1 HP Minutmen!!!"

I mean, what French player wouldn't change his 2nd Fort for + 2 TC build limit???

That's almost a GG!!!
    for you...

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
    "Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 02-05-2006 @ 08:50 AM).]

• Ceres629
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-05-06 09:04 AM EDT (US)     46 / 49       
    ^

that post still makes me LMAO no matter how many times I look at it!

Only thing is now I think white fleet actually owns! In another thread someone mentioned that all docks build affter sending the card produce 4 fishing boats. The card has great potential if ports are boosted to allow them to get a faster start.

[This message has been edited by Ceres629 (edited 02-05-2006 @ 09:06 AM).]

ChowMein
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-05-06 09:17 AM EDT (US)     47 / 49       

Quoted from Ceres629:

^
    that post still makes me LMAO no matter how many times I look at it!

Hahaha same.

"It is like a finger pointing away to the moon do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."
    - Bruce Lee
    Elanorea
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-05-06 09:23 AM EDT (US)     48 / 49       
    LOL @ Just a player

BTW, where's the list of the 10 best cards in the game you promised to do? I'm still waiting!

*eats everything*
    NAT
    Banned
    posted 02-05-06 11:26 AM EDT (US)     49 / 49       
    Funny as it is this is just spam. Plus I like playing with the Ports, leave them alone

Closed

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames