You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.27 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » ESO Stalemate option?
Bottom
Topic Subject:ESO Stalemate option?
Peej
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 03:13 PM EDT (US)         
I was thinking that on ESO you could call a stalemate, or draw. I often end up leaving in a middle of a game, often I'm ahead, and it would be great if I could offer the person a draw, which would knock the game dead!

Tell me what you t hink about this.

__--**""**--__
''--______--''
Peej the Saint
Red Sox Fan Official Idea maker? What I've done "Thank you, and have a nice day" Eso- Peej_the_Saint
AuthorReplies:
DaveTheGreat
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 03:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 27       
No way. Play a game when you have enough time to do it. I hate leavers.
NAT
Banned
posted 02-03-06 03:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 27       

Quote:

I often end up leaving in a middle of a game, often I'm ahead,

Why? That ruins the game! You should have to play out to the end.

Botolf
Royal Guard
posted 02-03-06 03:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 27       
The option would be nice if you ahd to leave. For example, it could give you a half win or something.

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
Mausgueck
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 03:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 27       
There should be a option to 'unrate' a game ... if everybody agrees the game will be simply not rated.
Munoz
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 03:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 27       
I don't think implementing this feature is very wise.I belive that it will be abused by people who are obviously NOT ahead ,as a way to avoid getting losses.
Gold Rust
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 03:43 PM EDT (US)     6 / 27       
I like it. I lose tons of games becasue the person who I though I could win or lose in 30 minutes has put up a good defense and although I will crush them eventually I have to resign and give them the win.
DragonBuster
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 03:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 27       

Quote:

I don't think implementing this feature is very wise.I belive that it will be abused by people who are obviously NOT ahead ,as a way to avoid getting losses.

i belive that he is saying that you offer the opponent a draw and they can chose weather to accept or not.

o==={--------------------------------

Eso2Username:DragonBuster
Gold Rust
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 04:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 27       
Ya, just like with the AI, only it wouldn't be surrender, it would be asking for a draw. I like it.
Mausgueck
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 04:13 PM EDT (US)     9 / 27       
@DragonBuster
Exactly

[This message has been edited by Mausgueck (edited 02-03-2006 @ 04:14 PM).]

OpenAmp
Banned
posted 02-03-06 04:16 PM EDT (US)     10 / 27       
you all say 'offer.' what if they don't want to accept? then what?

i say leave 1.05 and 1.06 to more important things.

Munoz
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 04:24 PM EDT (US)     11 / 27       
Oh,sorry about that ,I missread the post. Despite that, Its still rather hard to implement such feature. You say that you give them an offer to call a draw.This means that your opponent has the choice to either Accept or Decline. If your opponent chooses to decline,this would force you to resign and it would grant your opponent a win,thus making it rather ineffective.

I would think that any serious and fair player would accept,but then again, alot of people would rather get a win.

I must say that i like the idea though

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 04:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 27       
In theory, no game should result in a draw, it's just like a law of gaming

Eventually one player will prevail over the other, someone just has to make the mistake first

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Alex898
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 04:36 PM EDT (US)     13 / 27       
I want to be able to play unrated. Every game i feel like i have pressure to win and i don't have as much fun, unlike in AOM where you can play unrated.
OpenAmp
Banned
posted 02-03-06 04:38 PM EDT (US)     14 / 27       
set the handicap to 10% for each person. this will unrate the game without much change to gameplay.
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 02-03-06 05:39 PM EDT (US)     15 / 27       
why 10% when u can set it to 0 and its still unrated.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
majpain
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 06:02 PM EDT (US)     16 / 27       
LembasBread
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 08:13 PM EDT (US)     17 / 27       
Basically that is what save was in AOM. Rarely did people use that to actualy save and resume. It was just a draw feature. I think they should brign it back... when a game algs and nobody wants to quit....

"The lembas had a virtue without which they would long ago have lain down to die. . . . this waybread of the Elves had a potency that increased as travelers relied on it alone and did not mingle it with other foods. It fed the will, and it gave strength to endure, and to master sinew and limb beyond the measure of mortal kind."

• "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" by J.R.R. Tolkien

• Hit 2100+ cuetech rating on Sunday, April 17th, 2006

Real2002
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 08:51 PM EDT (US)     18 / 27       
I played one game that was "no rush 40 min" on amazonia. Like 35 mins is a rush? anyway... I digress. The point is, that was the dumbest game I ever played because there was a 40 min wait before battle and after that there was this ridiculous naval battle that went nowhere for about a half hour. finally the other guy resigned. I was starting to knock down his buildings on shore but I think it was mostly because he was bored.
Moourns
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 08:56 PM EDT (US)     19 / 27       
Save and Exit was the "I'm a decent human being option in AoM". I liked it as if the game was even and the guy said he had to go, I'd rather be a nice guy than get a dirty win. Also, a few times when I had other things to attend to, I was able to S&E and not lose when the game was still up for grabs. I think it'd be good to have for team games where if one noob teammate resigns within 2 mins, decent ppl will just call the game there.

Q: What do you call a German Major playing as another civ?
A: A 2nd Lieutenant
SapphirianDragon
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-06 09:07 PM EDT (US)     20 / 27       
Moourns said it very nicely. Save and Exit was a very nice option to have.

"If you use French you are gay, if you use french + native rush and cuir spam you are flaming out of control" --TGE, pre 1.05 patch
Peej
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-06 08:46 AM EDT (US)     21 / 27       
yeah, something like that. I spend about 1 and a half hours playing,which gets me like 2 or 3 games. At the end, usually I need to go to a sporting event (i'm a star soccer player when my leg isn't broken) or eat dinner (Not a thing to miss) but not only that, there are the games where two people boom, and can build 100 war wagons or whatever, and by the time their done clicking on their dozen stables, they will have gained money. THere is no way to finish one of theese games. Anyways, the effect of having a draw, or saving and leaving, would be that a person who needs to go won't take the loss. obviously all the people will have to agree... but it would form a bit better games.

Finnally, theres always the game where you distroy every single enemy unit, except for a single war dog that the player stuck in a corner of an island or whatever. It takes years sometimes to find them!

__--**""**--__
''--______--''
Peej the Saint
Red Sox Fan Official Idea maker? What I've done "Thank you, and have a nice day" Eso- Peej_the_Saint
vbscript2
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-06 08:13 PM EDT (US)     22 / 27       
I agree with Save and Exit. I used it all of the time in LAN games to actually save and exit the game, then come back and finish later. I was quite disappointed to not see it in AoE3. I hope ES adds it in a near-future patch.
renatzu
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-06 08:46 PM EDT (US)     23 / 27       

Quote:

No way. Play a game when you have enough time to do it. I hate leavers.

Stuff happens that's more important than a game. Things come up that someone didn't expect to happen, and they have to leave suddenly. Life happens.

I think it would be a great feature to implement. If you're winning by a lot, the other person will be more than happy to declare the game a draw.

Unknown8063
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-06 08:55 PM EDT (US)     24 / 27       
I mostly play LAN games with friends at my college and was disappointed by the lack of a save and exit feature. Like vbscript2, I used it to save a game with the intention of resuming it later.
His Majesty
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-06 09:38 PM EDT (US)     25 / 27       
I like this idea very much. Chess - though turn based - has tons of draws, so why not AOE3? The only problem is if the losing player starts 'draw spamming'. He clicks the 'Offer a draw' button, you decline. He repeats just to piss you off. Maybe you could offer a draw once every 10 min, if the enemy declines it.

I have to say at my noob level, this feature won't be needed a lot. I either get my bottom handed to me on a platter, or the enemy is way too weak for me. But I guess this would be a useful feature for experts.

Peej
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 09:43 AM EDT (US)     26 / 27       
well i'm not actually an expert, but i play dozens of sports, and now with a cast on my leg I need to move around every hour or so, so if a game lasts much more than an hour, i'll have to quit or ask someone to pause it for me.

__--**""**--__
''--______--''
Peej the Saint
Mausgueck
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 10:06 AM EDT (US)     27 / 27       
Quote:
>>He clicks the 'Offer a draw' button, you decline. He repeats just to piss you off. Maybe you could offer a draw once every 10 min, if the enemy declines it.

Maybe every player can offer draw/unrated only once at all. So better talk before offering ...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames