Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » 3vs3 rated games
Bottom
Topic Subject:3vs3 rated games
HankMorgan
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 04:19 PM EDT (US)         
Hi everybody:
When I was playing AoM, I found 3 vs 3 rated games at quick search. It took only a few minutes to find such a game. Now, I always try to play 3 vs 3 rated games in AoE III, but after several minutes, I have to give up and try a 2 vs 2 rated game. Why is this?. The ESO' population is larger than aoM' population. Do people prefer playing non rated games?. This thing disappoints me.
My home city level is 12.
Can you suggest or help me?.
Thanks you so much.
AuthorReplies:
raaman
posted 02-05-06 04:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Because you can't choose your teammates like in aom

;zlskehrt;oaweifalkdjfa;io3
ca_aok
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 04:25 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
You can always find 3v3 rated games in the game browser...

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
Imperatorius
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 04:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
The HC filter kills it. For a 3v3, you have to have 6 people with about the same HC level.

ESO: Pagasaeus
TheUnknown3dfx
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 05:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
It is a pity, as HC level doesn't really mean anything... Someone could have 5 million XP and 90% win percentage but start a new city with level 1...
Imperatorius
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 05:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Well, HC levels don't mean anything in terms of skill. The real problem stems from this fact, in that the matchmaker uses something that's artificial to match players. However, it is still necessary to take into account the HC levels because a lvl 40 will surely trash a lvl 1 of equal skill. So you have both factors (skill and HC lvl), and that makes things difficult.

In regard to the OP's topic, I wouldn't recommend playing 3v3, especially at low levels because the match will be decided by which team has the noobs. It seems like half the low level cities are strong players and half are noobs. The matchmaker doesn't take this into account.

ESO: Pagasaeus
atruskot
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 05:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
I think once you get past a level 30 you should have to allow at least a range of 15 levels. But there should be like a 50 range too, I think people are afraid of playing a 100 when they are only around 30... Even though they prolly have all the cards they'll ever want.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames