You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Has anyone tested the french patch?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Has anyone tested the french patch?
F1RE_FLY
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 01:21 PM EDT (US)         
I was just wondering if anyone began a game as french, and deleted one coureur to see how it affects them. It would be interesting to see the results.

~иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии~
ESO: F1R╔_FLП
AuthorReplies:
ZhaZ
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 03:05 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
Why? Until FF+mercantilism+mercs is weakened Germans and spanish own them easy. Theyre not the strongest civ!

[img]http://www.mastersgames.de/esostats/NoX,qaghan,0,5.png[/img]
StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 02-18-06 04:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
:Zhaz:
French are good, but as Bell pointed out to me on ESO the top 10 players main civs are germany and spanish, with only one guy as french. So Germany and Spain need nerfing too. It'll be interesting to see what ES decides to come up with.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
atruskot
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 04:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
Wait, just because the top 10 players like Spain means they need nerfing?
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 04:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
no spain doesnt need nerfing, mercs needs to be nerved, and not just 20 seconds.

btw all top 10 players like OP strats and civs, why do you think they dont play port? because they dont like the portuguese flag?

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩџ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

[This message has been edited by schildpad (edited 02-18-2006 @ 04:33 PM).]

devi0us
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 04:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
Spain definitely doesn't need nerfing. People having success with a civ doesn't deem nerfing. Their civ bonus is just faster shipments which means it wears off approaching Age IV, whilst other civs bonus remain throughout the game.

My ESO name is devi0us
flying_red_hippo
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 05:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
Ahh, but Spains wardogs can keep you from building your trading post easily. Then they get all the tps, and all the good treasures, while russians will really get nothing out of this.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.-Dune
Data: Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.~
Even if you do go into a coma, you can still keep posting to Usenet -- everyone else does.

La Mia Stupido Cosa

Pipes
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 06:31 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
funny how spain winning percentage is lower than portugal, and second lowest overall. only british is worse.
dejanh
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 09:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
@F1RE_FLY - Actually, I did this pretty much as soon as I heard French will be losing one cdb =) Keeping in mind I am by far not the best player out there, but also keeping in mind that I did a few test runs with one less cdb, I have noticed a maximum 20 second slowdown from the regular French start. I typically send 4 cdbs to hunt right away and get two to unpack the crates. Now you can just send three to hunt and two to unpack the crates, which for me ultimately resulted in advancing about 15-20 seconds later than usual =)
Stophon4
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 10:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
Spanish and german are gonna own.

So much for french...if only we didn have so many OP french posts...

"Dutch are OP!"
"Iriquois are OP!"
"Stophon is OP!"

tEk Clan #1 US Clan
Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 10:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
Guys listent to Zhaz... hes one of the few here that can whoop me with his eyes shut...

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • Zeeky_Bomb
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-18-06 10:58 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
    You can actually mod techtree.xml to make it like the patch. I did, and now it's balanced, but Otto's kinda suck vs. mass cav /xbows now.

If you stereotype children as stupid flamers, I hate you, me being thirteen.

"Physical activity is for pansies. Real men play Age of Empires." - Me

You can rearange the letters in "mother in law" to spell "woman hitler".

F1RE_FLY
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-18-06 11:14 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
    I am not complaining about french being OP.

I only want to know what the new patch will be like.

The french change is the only one that we can currently try out. So unless you want to try making merc shipments take longer or rearranging the cassadore cost(and playing online), just answer my question.

P.S. A LOT of noobs play spain. They are the "standard" civ.

ESO: F1R╔_FLП
    sharpe95
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-19-06 04:40 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
    spanish own now and will after the patch, nothing will change. The thing with spain is that you HAVE to be aggressive to utilise their bonus. If you sit back then your faster xp counts for little in the end.

So spanish arent gonna all of a sudden start owning and be OP people will say this because they are real solid early game, they will be counterable like all civs, same as french are counterable.

Spans and German seem the best atm to a lot of people post patch 1.05 but in reality there will be a hundred different strats that will come up and people will be havin a big cry over the civ that suits that strat, people just need imagination and if they dont have that(like me) then they should just play the game with people they know and like and stop having a big old cry just because they aren't as good as everyone else.

p.s this is waaaaaaayyyy off topic sorry just refering to some comments in the post.

Me Grimlock no kisser, me king!!
    He is right Predacons unite!
    Decepticons. Prepare to face, Fortress Maximus
    nidhog_slayer
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-19-06 04:49 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
    Ahh... this brings things to my mind...

i remember when almoust everyone thought that patch will be at xmas, then it was end of january, and now its probably coming at end of february, good job ES 3 months.

Pincho
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-19-06 02:37 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
    patience is a virtue...whinning, a pain...

~*┤е»е`*и~-.И-`и.ИИ.и┤┤»`ии._.и,.-~_pВNЕHп_`и.ИИ.и┤┤»`ии._.и_)-,.-~*┤е»е`*и~-.И

My Stats
    Tiburones pa' Encima!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames