You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » What can we expect from the patch?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What can we expect from the patch?
Shizzle
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 03:06 PM EDT (US)         
They are giving very little info about this patch, what you guys think will be in it? Can we expect new unit(s)? Or just a few extra balance changes added the unoficial balance list lately posted somewhere?
Are they keeping this patch quiet to just blow us away with it??
I hope so atleast :P
AuthorReplies:
Lgnd_Kilr
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 03:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Don't know about new units, but I heard there is going to be a new ladder & rating system implimented in this patch....
Mark_Aurel
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 03:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
More nudity. It's not like the natives were ever bound to modern American standards of modesty.

<Witty signature goes here.>
Kaziglu Bey
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 03:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
There's plenty of reading on this forum and on the AgeCommunity site. The patch is apparently being finalised and a set release date is to be announced "soon". Let's do with that until we have the real deal to analyse.
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 04:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Cha cha cha chaaanges!

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 04:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       

Quote:

Alas, like the other posters have stated, currently all you need is 1 available pop in order to for the shipment of units to arrive. When they do arrive though you will be over the pop limit, and will need to eliminate units before training more. I do believe this is on the bug list, but I am not sure if/when it is being addressed.

that was paragon.

so maybe in 1.05 you will need the pop space before you send, and that means harder to get mercs

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

Shizzle
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 12:03 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
all you need to do is to get the german house card and build 3 houses for 200 pop lol. or spanish tc card. they need to nerf that card too then.
Zeal_Love
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 12:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
The german house bonus card only gives 30 pop per house so you would need more than 3. The spain TC pop bonus card gives 90 pop per tc.

The german card can be gotten in 2nd age so should be compared to a 700 wood card, if you want around 130 pop which it takes a long time to need more than you need to build 4 houses instead of 12, saving 800 wood, the build time for the houses is made up for by the exp you get for building them. So you save 100 wood or so which isn't exactly overpowered.

The spain card can only be gotten in age 3 so it should be compared to the 1000 wood card.. Since you usually only have 1 TC for a long time it only saves you about 800 wood early on too while it matters, after you get 130 pop the wood for houses is negligible.

I have tried using the cards and I don't like them much I would rather get my mercs one shipment earlier than having to wait for that card(aplies mostly to the spain one):/

ESO2 : Love_
rhode2nowere
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 12:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
The next patch has to do something to the Portuguese. They are the Civ I'd prefer to be because their military is exactly what I intend to use, and have a great navy, but they just start off way too slow. I had to start a new home city as the British beacause they are the closest to the Portuguese. They should give them a few more Settlers to start off with and/or more resources.
Tigger_Bounce
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 12:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
prob more maps and balencing of things

Eso Name For AoeIII: GL_Chewy 2nd Lt. for now...PR 21
I play TWC
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames