You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Patch a 2nd chance???
Bottom
Topic Subject:Patch a 2nd chance???
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 11:24 AM EDT (US)         
Could it happen? is the patch going to give me a 2nd chance at having a good rating? could it be!?

I have heard qoutes about DS and other ES people saying there is going to be a new rating\ladder system, I hope so because all those times I lost to OPness or just back when I plain sucked will be wiped off my record.

Am I misunderstanding what they ment by this? or am I right and everyone scores are being cleaned

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
AuthorReplies:
Miain
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 11:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
I doubt scores will be cleaned,but most people will probably start with 1600 rating.But youll probably still have same win% etc
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 11:40 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
I have a good % (61) but bad cuetech score and it's from OP

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
Miain
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 11:48 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
If you have a good win % and bad cuetech,its because you "noob bash"
CK the Fat
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 11:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
Resetting the ladder to 1600 is fine with me. I know I'm not as good as my rating may say (i win at 1702) because I play a lot of clan games and have the upper hand with better cooperation. But if a newbie comes to my game, I don't kick him out either, because I know that I would be pissed off if everyone kicked me out of games because I was new. Lately, I've fallen to a lot of rushes and native rushes, so I guess I'm just not as good early game anymore.

"Republicans who did not play the patronage game were ridiculed as the Mugwumps for sitting on the fence--their "mugs" on one side of the fence and "wumps" on the other. Historians generally consider this era a low point in American politics."--United States History by John J. Newman and John M. Schmalbach
Imperatorius
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 12:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
With a ratings system they seriously need to get rid of win percentages. Win percentage just doesn't mean anything and it encourage people to noob bash.

ESO: Pagasaeus
Mausgueck
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 01:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
Any decent player can have a +80%win ... just play every civ until you reach ca. level 20 at quicksearch. I mostly loose to good players at this level because I'm used to give tips to newbies and I'm not up to a real fight out of the blue
somme
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 01:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
Yeah, sort of annoying as I just got my cuetech rating above 1900. But that's a bit inflated from playing games at quicksearch with lower level cities and playing some of my friends who aren't very good.

I'm looking forward to the rating system nevertheless though.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
rel4xed
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 02:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
It will be interesting to see how accurate cuetech is.

Greetings, I'm Synthax.
SirKT 2k+ clan
FriedPegasus
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 02:39 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
It will be interesting to see how they mix the rating with HC level and still make QuickSearch find matches in good time.
Imperatorius
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 02:49 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
They should remove the current level matching system (the "within 10 levels") and replace it with something like like:

lvl 1-9
lvl 10-24
lvl 25+

Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 03:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
So if you noob bash your rating goes down?

ummBeefy
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 05:11 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20       
No, your rating goes up based on the other player's rating. If you're playing low rated peopel you gain less points and potentially lose more.
Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 07:41 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
the cuetech ladder is based on a moment in time, in a sense, not really your past games... IE if can go on a 1000 game loosing streak and then win 100 games and be in the top few. So the cuetech method truly gives u a new chance every game u play.

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • [This message has been edited by Mokon (edited 02-19-2006 @ 07:42 PM).]

LembasBread
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-19-06 09:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20       
    The "power ratings" will take into account your current standing. Though since ratings usually don't work like percents (don't get harder to change the more you play) you will have an easy opportunity to rise up.

"The lembas had a virtue without which they would long ago have lain down to die. . . . this waybread of the Elves had a potency that increased as travelers relied on it alone and did not mingle it with other foods. It fed the will, and it gave strength to endure, and to master sinew and limb beyond the measure of mortal kind."

• "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" by J.R.R. Tolkien

• Hit 2100+ cuetech rating on Sunday, April 17th, 2006

Ossian
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-19-06 11:33 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
    So in other words I can raise my rating by up easy? COOL

copy_my_style
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-19-06 11:44 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
    In my opinion the win % is one of the worst things about ESO. So many noob bashers and 2v2 set ups, (people playing tvb and holding the 2nd spot with a cpu so their 95% friend can get in at the last min.
    Get rid of the win % and just play with the 1600 scores.

http://www.anzacclan.com/ - ANZAC Clan Home
    http://www.anzacclan.com/forums/ - ANZAC Clan Forums
    Imperatorius
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-19-06 11:50 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
    Definately, I agree.

The problem with the win% is that beating a noob and beating an expert gives you the same increase in your "rating." In that case, for the sake of ratings, the best way to improve it is to noob bash and that's why there are so many noob bashers.

The other problem is that people who are new to the game are at a disadvantage compared to long-time Aoe players since they have a learning curve that will drag down their win percent.

ElitE_TactiC
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-20-06 06:12 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
    This %system is just making it easier to judge good people being noobs. My rate is 59-60% with 5mill xp Sometimes I get booted from games (1on1s) because of my % but then I tell him to play me first and I win like if I played vs nothing.. Remove the %system ESO!

www.elitesite.tk<---my clan, you are free to join, depends on skills^if u like to chat or join just add my msn emco_@hotmail.com beacuse i love to chat strats and stuff
    nidhog_slayer
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-20-06 07:19 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
    im 75%, still i have lost to peoples at 50% level simply because they play against almoust only experts, my 1vs1 cuetech rate is somewhere in 1700 and i can beat 1900 players on my clan, so thats pretty complex, but i play only every second week and i started playing 1vs1 just lately, so i guess thats the reason.
    ElitE_TactiC
    Skirmisher
    posted 02-20-06 10:05 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
    Welll, True.. I have never played with noobs. Since I started to play this game I have played a high level.. Rave, argo clan and some others.. I am at 1870 or something on qutech.. that is low^^

www.elitesite.tk<---my clan, you are free to join, depends on skills^if u like to chat or join just add my msn emco_@hotmail.com beacuse i love to chat strats and stuff
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames