You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » will age of empires 3 run with these specs?????
Bottom
Topic Subject:will age of empires 3 run with these specs?????
gamezman
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 02:02 PM EDT (US)         
hello, i am new and i would appreciate it if someone would help me.
i have seen the minimum requirements for age of empires 3 and my pc meets them but i still have queries to whether it would run smoothly and not slow and sluggish. here are my pc scpecs:

amd sempron 2800+
2.00ghz
256mb ram
64mb video card
i know this pc isnt very good but its all i oculd afford and i think it meets the minimal requirements but still i have doubts...will someone please tell me if the game will run smoothly or run at all. all help is much appreciated thank you.

AuthorReplies:
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 02:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
it should work if your video card is supported. You'll have to turn the graphics settings down quite a bit though.

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 02:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
depends on videocard

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

War_kid55
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 04:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
If you're planning on using that system, stay VERY far away from naval battles and mass cannon battles.

"I don't need any stinking settlers!" - Ottoman n00b.
"But the Dutch have the best Uhlans AND the best Lancers!" - Some guy playing as the Dutch; clearly doesn't understand the concept of the UU.
"People accustomed to great victories, know not how to support a day of reverse." - Napoleon Bonaparte
jd10013
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 04:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
your memory will be the biggest potential problem. playing with less than 512MB probably won't be a real good experience.
have you tried downloading the demo and playing it? that should give you a good idea of how it will run
atruskot
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 04:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I think your video card is going to hurt you. Having more memory wouldn't hurt - but it comes down to your video card.

Let us know what card it is, then we'll be able to tell you.

vbscript2
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 10:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
you need more than 256 MB memory to run Windows w/o lag, much less AoE3. 512 minimum for AoE3, IMO. Also, the graphics depend on the actual GPU and RAMDAC speed more than the amount of vid RAM. You can get decent cards with 64 MB RAM or complete junk cards with 128 or even 256 MB. You can determine your graphics card type by running dxdiag from the start...run... dialog. It will tell on the display tab.
copy_my_style
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 11:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
I have had it running on less than that, just turn the grpahics right down and hope you enjoy the game without it being as visually pleasing as it could be.

http://www.anzacclan.com/ - ANZAC Clan Home
http://www.anzacclan.com/forums/ - ANZAC Clan Forums
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames