You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Russian Turtling-Is it possible?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Russian Turtling-Is it possible?
RoyalFanatic56
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-06 10:20 AM EDT (US)         
I have been thinking- is Russian able to turtle? They have blockhouses that acts as an outpost too. They also have strelets that can attack from behind. What do you think?
AuthorReplies:
superdroideka
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-06 10:27 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
I'm not an expert but I don't think it would work: late game armies cannot be stopped by blockhouses and strelets. They have their use early in the game but after fortress, you're dead (I think)

SUPERDROIDEKA

[This message has been edited by superdroideka (edited 02-20-2006 @ 10:29 AM).]

King_Ali_Skahir
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-06 10:41 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
If only the russians had a stronger military they could do the opposite, they could take major map control setting up early forward bases, near valuable resources.

But I guess they could turtle.

Please give me your opinion on the Fall Of Mankind!!! Ultimate Zidane Video

Glory To the revolution!!!

O=[[[[[[[]]]]]]]=-------,
Get Hooked

ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-06 03:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
i had a few tries on a russian turtle strat, it worked well so far.

what you do is get 20 vils before aging, send 2 wood choppig card for first 2 shipments, as soon as you have 14 vils or so, put all new vils on wood, as soon as you click aging, send most vils on wood, and start building market then wood research, then build blockhouses.build minimum of 3 of them, preferably 4. and then put most back to food and some to gold. leave a few on wood so that you can build house and wood for strelets.

depends what you want, for your 3rd card u can do either ATP or 5 cossack or 700 gold. at this point, gather wood is faster than gold at 0.7 per second.

if opp attacks in colonial, you can just defend with theblock houses as long as he doesnt use gerenadiers, if he FF, then you should go fotress too, since you have quite a lot of vils to start with, you shoudnt have much trouble getting there fast

N_E_Patriots
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-06 05:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
no
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames