You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.36 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Why are some natives so screwed up?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why are some natives so screwed up?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Shizzle
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 12:33 PM EDT (US)         
I just tried to rush with mantlets, and i failed. Besides the fact that you can only build 5 of them, they are extremly weak too with like 25 siege damage :S. Why they put them in the game anyway? I doubt anyone will use these guys to rush with. They shoulda balance the native civs more.
AuthorReplies:
Tigger_Bounce
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 12:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 36       
french get them in a shipment so i really dont know unless ESO wants to cruss French even more so it not even fun to play with them

Eso Name For AoeIII: GL_Chewy 2nd Lt. for now...PR 21
I play TWC
Fornak
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 01:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 36       
I think they should increase the native limit cause wtf is 13 native gunman going to do . . . .
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 03-19-06 01:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 36       
LOl, Iriquois is the worst native in the game!

but that is bizar... you can only buid a few lame Iriquois and some Mantlets... But you can train 15 Mayans Holcan Spearman and 4 Medicine man

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 03-19-2006 @ 01:21 PM).]

Shizzle
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 01:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 36       
yeah they do a lousy 45 siege damage and they cost 50f and 100g!!!!
Sometimes i wonder if ES even tested some aspects of this game once. Some native tribes are way to similar too. I Always confuse the holcan spearman and the huamanica.
Holcan spearman
cost: 75f 25w
hp: 200
siege: 60(!)
handattack: 11 cavalry (3x)

And now the huamanica (I always thought he did 60 siege)
cost: 20f 100w
hp: 170
siege 48
handattack: 18 cavalry (3x)

So basicly, the huamanica suck. They cost way too many wood. They are a upgraded pike, but you need 1500w to build 15, which you wont get on time. SO theyr useless for rushing.

Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 03-19-06 01:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 36       
The Incan guy does not suck... Just the Holcan Spearman is OP

NOTE: WTH? Holcan Spearman do much more siege damage than a Mantlet! Lol³

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 03-19-2006 @ 01:36 PM).]

Miain
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 01:48 PM EDT (US)     6 / 36       
Fornak,13units in the first 10minutes of a game makes a big difference
LO12DS_Mist
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 01:54 PM EDT (US)     7 / 36       
Tupi bowmen die in a single shot to TC fire...even more pathetic than strelets. And tupi cost more!!! WTF!!
Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 02:07 PM EDT (US)     8 / 36       
And seminole bowman does like 80 to buildings with that upgrade. A freakin' bowman!
atruskot
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 02:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 36       
You guys keep forgetting to mention that Natvies cost no pop.

So next time you're at pop limit and looking for an edge. You'll prolly still build these "worthless" units.

gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 03-19-06 02:16 PM EDT (US)     10 / 36       
but they die from one hit with a veteran lancer upgraded with the multiplyer card.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 02:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 36       
That's not the point. The point is they do sick siege when they shouldn't, light infantry is supposed to suck vs buildings.
CwlHeddwyn
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 03:09 PM EDT (US)     12 / 36       
native units are good in large numbers supporting ur main army
ub3r
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 03:10 PM EDT (US)     13 / 36       
Adam42 - "And seminole bowman does like 80 to buildings with that upgrade. A freakin' bowman!"

Adam42 - "That's not the point. The point is they do sick siege when they shouldn't, light infantry is supposed to suck vs buildings."

Have you every actually watched the units when they do siege damage? You ever notice some units have different range when doing siege damage?

If you watch.. as any normal person can see, they throw moltov coctail like items that are on fire onto the building. They aint shooting the building with thier arrows, they are lighting shit on fire and throwing that into the windows and what not to burn it down............

"Were surrounded.........this simplifies things." - Chesty Puller USMC 1950

"Let your plans be dark and as impenatrable as night, and when you move, fall like a lightning-bolt." - Sun Tzu
Syzygy
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 03:22 PM EDT (US)     14 / 36       
Archers shoot flaming arrows at buildings...

But I've never really used seminoles, so I could be wrong...

~Syz
Join the Revolution. www.awrev.com
Yoshiii
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 03:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 36       
i like the seminole bowmans. 15 of them with both upgrades kill everything, even TC's

holcan spearman are OP, mantlets suck, except morning wars, where you get 1 mantlet for every 2 min. or so...

ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 03:31 PM EDT (US)     16 / 36       
imo inca has the best techs,
+25% all units training, worth 3 cards in 1.04, the artillery one may even affect factory artilleries, which is priceless, combined with engineering school, you will be making 1 HC ~ every 30 seconds
+20% all infantry speed, worth lots for germans, worth +25% infantry hp, etc..

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 03-19-2006 @ 03:36 PM).]

LO12DS_Mist
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 03:36 PM EDT (US)     17 / 36       

Quote:

Archers shoot flaming arrows at buildings...

But I've never really used seminoles, so I could be wrong...

All archers shoot flaming arrows at buildings. All gunpowder/hand infantry, and all cavalry except comanche cav archers and regular cav archers light torches and throw them at the buildings. They're torches, not molotov cocktails..lmao

ub3r
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 04:25 PM EDT (US)     18 / 36       
ub3r - "they throw moltov coctail like items"

Read that ^ Mist. Emphasis on the "like"

Mist - "light torches and throw them at the buildings. They're torches, not molotov cocktails..lmao "

Why are you laughing? I should be laughing, wtf r you talking about with your "light torches, theyre torches not moltov coctails" LOL A Torch is a device used with an accelerant to weld stuff.

And if the archers do shoot fire arrows at building while doing siege damage, my fualt i never really noticed. But it still isnt an arrow hitting a building, its on fire so it makes sense.

Lets have a visual of what Mist said... picture a Cossack coming to your town center with an oxy-accetaline tank and a blow torch, face shield and all.

"Were surrounded.........this simplifies things." - Chesty Puller USMC 1950

"Let your plans be dark and as impenatrable as night, and when you move, fall like a lightning-bolt." - Sun Tzu
The Crazy Idiot
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 04:30 PM EDT (US)     19 / 36       
Um, heres some info on a torch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torch

LO12DS_Mist
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 04:31 PM EDT (US)     20 / 36       

Quote:

Why are you laughing? I should be laughing, wtf r you talking about with your "light torches, theyre torches not moltov coctails" LOL A Torch is a device used with an accelerant to weld stuff.

And if the archers do shoot fire arrows at building while doing siege damage, my fualt i never really noticed. But it still isnt an arrow hitting a building, its on fire so it makes sense.

Lets have a visual of what Mist said... picture a Cossack coming to your town center with an oxy-accetaline tank and a blow torch, face shield and all.

Nice try, smart alec. I didn't say blow torch. I said torch. You and I both know that a torch back then was a wooden device was lit at the top with a flame...and used as a light source. There was no such thing as "welding" back then, they didn't weld things. Want a picture of a torch?

antisocialmunky
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 04:40 PM EDT (US)     21 / 36       
There isn't exactly a plethora of words to describe a stick that's covered with burning stuff on one end.
Takk
Skirmisher
(id: Luke_Feanor)
posted 03-19-06 04:40 PM EDT (US)     22 / 36       
Ok, could we leave the torches and get back to the natives please?

Lucas is boss.
OpenAmp
Banned
posted 03-19-06 05:54 PM EDT (US)     23 / 36       
^ lol.

yeah, mantlets suck; cost too much, and tiny pop limit. need boost

rust888
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 06:05 PM EDT (US)     24 / 36       
^ ^
agreed, i think the iroquis (sp?) need a boost. those tomahawk guys arent the greatest compared to all the other natives.
GodFather77
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 07:27 PM EDT (US)     25 / 36       
I agree that the Iroquis are one of the worst natives in the game & what is more scary, is that fact that its been said these are gonna be a new civ in the expansion pack.

Does anybody when playing as French actually choose the mantlet / tomohawk card when levelling up to Fortress? I know I don't as they are just a waste!

I hear ya on the build limit for natives as the numbers are just way to low for them to have any major effect in battles. But saying that some natives can be pretty powerful in early rushes, i.e. seminole & therefore I think that maybe just the weaker natives need a bit of tweaking.

My fave 4 natives are, Lakota, Seminole, Mayan & Carib

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others." Quote - George Orwell

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing". Quote - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Its funny because its true." Quote Homer Simpson

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames